Smile

La La Love

Sometimes, Mark cant believe that he and Renjun can be like, best friends. Why? First he is super innocence and cute all the time while Mark is quite – tough and cold. Renjun is the only friend that he never fight among the members cause he knows this kid is too pure to get yelled of. Sometimes, it hurts Mark that Renjun actually a boy with a high level patient. While the other members snapped back when he’s angry, Renjun just sat there and stare, or sometimes, cry.

He had to admit it, that he have a soft spot for this small boy. Like when he smiles, his cute snaggle tooth would appear, his eyes turn into a crescent moon, his cute small nose. Everything about him is perfect to Mark’s eyes. But he can’t tell what he feels to the latter cause he afraid it will ruin his friendship and everything will be awkward for him. “Mark-hyung? U okay?” the small boy asked, looking concerned. “Oh I’m fine ,mind your own business.” Mark act coolly. Renjun just smile, cause he know Mark didn’t mean any of his words sometimes. It’s his way to show “affection” towards others. “ I’m going to the library, you wanna join?” Renjun asked. “I’ll tag along later.” His answers always short yet powerful sometimes.  After the short not so good conversation, Renjun left the class walking to the library. Library is the only place where he find it, calming. At least he can find peace because this school is so packed with a lots of problematic students, besides he do enjoy reading, he is a proud nerd aka the bookworm of the school. He was searching some books then suddenly his phone vibrating, a message from Mark was written on the phone screen.  “Hey Junnie, I’m in the café right now. Did u want anything?’ Renjun smiles.  “A chocolate milk would be enough hyung, thank you.”

He was searching for some books again but he stopped when someone tapping his shoulder. It was Mark, with his normal boring face. “Lets go outside.” Mark said while holding Renjun hand dragging him out of the library. Renjun just follow cause he know there is no worth fighting back cause Mark has more muscles than he have. They were sitting at the school garden where Mark parents made only for him and his friends cause yes, Mark’s is rich. In the garden, there were bench in the middle of it, surrounded by flowers and trees that almost part of the graden are covered by it. Mark brought a plastic bag that contains a lot of food in it while Renjun just sit, observing Mark’s action. “Hyung why do you bought a lot of food? ” Mark looks at Renjun with a normal face “You need to eat a lot, you’re too small for a 18 years old.” Renjun can’t stop giggling after Mark honest answer. “Hyung I eat a lot but I still can’t get any taller nor gain any weight. I think I’m stuck like this, I guess.” Mark smiles. “ Yeah u can’t grow any taller anymore, but just eat. You looks so skinny. That’s why people keep picking you up.” Mark starts blabbering like a mom while Renjun pouting like a baby. “ But I have you, hyung.” Mark heart skip a beat when Renjun SAID that. “You’re the only one who brave enough to be my friend, be the one who protect me. So I think I shouldn’t be worrying, right?” Mark hearts beating fast but he try to act calm. “ I know that and it’s been my duty to protect you but I’m not always gonna be there for you 24/7. Sometimes you have to try to stand up for yourself.” Renjun never see this sides of Mark. He didn’t snapped like he always did and it makes Renjun, happy. Mark on the other hand, still trying to keep calm after Renjun staring at him while he was talking. He really observing Renjun face especially those thin cherry blossom pink lips.

Okay hyung, I’ll keep that in my mind. So if it’s okay to you can we share all of these? I think I can’t eat all of these.” Renjun laughing awkwardly, and cutely too. Mark cold heart melts when he saw those smile, he can’t really help it but smiles too. “Of course, I’m not gonna let you enjoy it alone.” Mark says while ruffling Renjun’s dark brown hair. And they eat quietly for a few minutes, until Renjun decides to talk again. “ Hyung.” Mark humming as a responds. “I think you need to smile more often.” Mark looks at him, curiously. “Why?” Renjun can’t believe it like why he asked WHY? Did he never seen himself in the mirror or he is being humble? “Cause you’re good looking, hyung. Did you know that?” His heart starts again. Damn it STOP already. He acted he is calm but deep down he’s a mess. “Hey let’s go to your favourite café after school.” Renjun noticed how Mark tries to avoid the topic so Renjun just smiled. “ Okay, it’s my treat this time okay hyung?” Mark eyes starts to go bigger than it’s own size. “NO WAY! I’m not gonna let you do that!” Renjun knew he’s gonna say that but he tries to persuade him again. “ I never treats you anything, hyung. I want to do it at least once, can’t I? Pleaseee…” Mark stares at Renjun shiny eyes. “ I’m the brother here so I have to treat my younger one. You don’t have to treat me anything, seriously. But promise me only one thing.” Renjun looks confused. “ What is it?” Mark takes a deep breathe and look straight to the eyes of the person his fond of. “Always stay by my side. Okay?” Renjun suddenly feels that his face reddened by those words. He know MAYBE Mark doesn’t mean it in THAT way but why his heart flutter so much? Since when? Mark didn’t wait for Renjun’s answer so he just walk away from him. “I’ll see you after school, Junnie.” Before he walk away, Mark softly ruffles Renjun’s silky hair then walk away like nothing really happen. While Renjun, still didn’t move an inch after he hears that from the cold-hearted Mark Lee. He was startled by the school bells then just starts to walk to his class.