Worth It

For 520 couple : A collection

The 20th of May, year 2018.

 

Luhan stared at the glass he is holding, watching how the ice melts slowly until it mixes with the beer he had long stopped drinking. He had only taken two sips from his drink until he can’t force himself to down it anymore - his tongue burning with the bitter taste it brings.

 

Luhan’s been sitting one one of the counter’s stool for nearly two hours now, staring idly at the glass, drumming his fingertips on the counter from time to time. Why is he here in the first place when he knows he has a lot of things to accomplish? When he has to sign a few documents for the merger project with Baekhyun - the Byun Baekhyun? But Luhan doesn’t pay any attention to the latter reason why he’s here for he knows that Baekhyun loves him very much. Why is he here when he knows that he has to plan the menu for Suho’s upcoming birthday. Luhan doesn’t know, or maybe he knows but he keeps on telling himself that it isn’t the reason -there has to be another reason, he convinced himself.

 

But deep inside, he knows there isn’t. Foolish is it to say but he continue on coming here every 20th of the month for three years now. Here where he and the man he has loved for years now frequently visit. Here where he witnessed how the same man had gone crazy every time he had a fight with his girl. Here where he witnessed how the same man smile with glee every time he tell him stories about her. Here where he had watched the man he loves and longs for love someone else. Here where the heartbreak started and ended as well.

 

“Hey,” Minseok, the bartender of the club he is currently at nudged at him, “you aren’t going home yet?” he asked him.

 

“I would like to stay for a couple more minutes if that’s okay” he smiled at Minseok which the latter returned.

 

“Of course, Jongdae will be here in a few minutes. Maybe you will have the chance to finally meet him” Minseok stated, adoration clearly visible in his eyes. And Luhan find himself wishing that he has someone like Minseok. Someone who’s delighted to have him in his life, ecstatic even. Someone whose eyes, just by the sound of his name, will lit up. Someone who loves how his name easily roll out on their tongue. Someone, someone who will love him.

 

“Oh, is that so? I’m excited to meet the man who made the famous Kim Minseok settle down” Luhan replied with a chuckle.

 

“Oh, shush it, Han! I can’t help it, he’s too beautiful.I had to made him mine” Minseok answered with a grin. Luhan playfully smack Minseok and that he’s too cheesy. Minseok just laughed at him and continued working, Leaving Luhan alone with his crazy train of thoughts.

 

Luhan once again found himself asking if ever someone will find him beautiful, enough for that someone to want him and make him his. Luhan sighed. Doubt it.

Luhan isn’t ugly, he is the exact opposite of that. Many have told him that he looks unreal, that he’s too pretty for a boy. Baekhyun likes to call him as an ethereal person who doesn’t age. Many had tried their luck on him ever since he was still in middle school- courting him, sending him flowers and letters, serenading him and trying to ask him out on a date- but he all turned them down. He knows he can’t reciprocate their feelings for him. He only has an eye for a certain someone. His heart only beats and belongs to a special person. The butterflies in his stomach only flutters for one person. He only dreams of growing up with his best friend, the guy he loves, the man he dreams of - Oh Sehun. But sadly the saying ‘sometimes we want what we can’t have’ perfectly fits him. He wants Sehun - adores him, love him even, but he can’t have him. Not in this life.

 

A tear had gently rolled down his cheek and Luhan quickly wiped it away. He looked at his wrist watch. It’s already 10 p.m., and Luhan decided that it was already time to go.

 

“Minseok,” he called out. Minseok turned around and walked towards him.

 

“Is there anything you need?” he asked.

 

“Uh, no. I just want to bid my goodbye. It’s already late and I need to go. I still have to do some important things before going to bed” he replied

 

“Oh, okay. I guess you won’t meet Jongdae today. I’m sure you’ll meet him some other time” Minseok smiled gently at him, “see you again, take care, Han” Luhan nodded at him and walked towards the exit, waving at a grinning Minseok who’s also waving at him before stepping out of the bar. He bumped into some random guy and muttered the word sorry right after. The guy smiled at him gently and said that it’s okay. Odd. Luhan thought. Why does he reminds me of a dinosaur? Luhan shook his head at laugh at the ridiculous comparison he had thought of.

 

Slowly, Luhan made his way towards his home. He lives only 5 blocks away from the bar so Luhan took his time walking down the streets. There are only a few people out during this hour - most of them couples or businessmen clad in their suits. He can also see some stalls that are selling soju, samgyeopsal and the likes still open and a few people inside them, possibly wanting to have a good time. I wish I could be like them - happy.

 

Luhan reached home at 10:15 p.m., as he was unlocking his door, he decide to give Baekhyun a call. The latter picked up 2 rings after.

 

“Hello, my baby! You called?” Baekhyun, sounding so giddy, greeted Luhan when he picked up

 

“Oh, hi Baek. I just want to ask a favor” Luhan replied, sounding uneasy. He stepped inside his home, shut the door gently and locked it. After turning on the chandelier adorning his living room, he sat at the nearest couch

 

“Oh, what is it? What can I help you with?” Baekhyun replied

 

“Can we move the date of the merger? Something just came up today and I can’t focus with work. I know that’s very unprofessional of me considering how many offers you have turned down to make me your business partner and I will understand if you want to back out and look for ano-” Luhan was cut off by Baekhyun.

 

“Oh, hyung. It’s okay, there’s no need to stress yourself out. I’m not in a rush, I’ll gladly wait for you. You already know that even though we haven’t sign an agreement yet, we are already technically partners.” Baekhyun assured him

 

“Thank you very much, Baekhyun. You don’t know how much it means to me!” Luhan was literally shouting with joy because of what Baekhyun said.

 

“Can I know what happened though?” Baekhyun asked, his voice laced with worry.

“Uh, I-I” Luhan tried his best to come up with a coherent reply but all he can do was stutter.

 

“Oh, wait! Let me check something first” Luhan heard the sound of flipping pages on the other line and he knitted his eyebrows in confusion, “oh that’s it! It’s May 20! You went back to Happy Times again?” Baekhyun asked, his tone accusing him. Luhan breathed out a yes as a response.

 

“Lu,”

 

“I know, I know. I know I shouldn’t have but I can’t help it, Baekhyun! I’m going crazy and I need to see him. What if he went there just like the old times and I didn’t? I won’t ever have the chance to meet him again then”

 

“But that was 3 years ago already, Lu! 3 years ago had passed, what made you think he’ll come back to that place now if he hasn’t before?” Baekhyun shouted at him, clearly frustrated with Luhan and his fantasies.

 

“And what made you think that he won’t?! How can you know?” Luhan shouted back

 

“Lu, wake up! He won’t come back! And if even he will, he will not go to you because you guys weren’t a thing to start with! So quit acting like a crazy lover who can’t get over his ex, dammit!”

 

“But I’m his best friend, he’ll come see me for sure when he gets back! Like he always did in the past!”

 

“Oh my god! You’re hopeless!” Baekhyun groaned.

 

“Thank you” Luhan replied, his voice sounding bitter.

 

“I know you love Sehun, Lu but don’t you think it’s time to give up? You are not an apartment that is waiting for Sehun to visit you from time to time. You are meant to be a home, Lu. You are meant to be with someone who sees you as a place of comfort, of love, a place where someone who’s willing can stay. You deserve better than this, baby. Stop hurting yourself please” Baekhyun explained, coaxing Luhan to clear his mind and stop whatever it is that he’s doing.

 

“But I am Sehun’s return-to place, I am his home and even if he doesn’t see me as that, it’s okay, Baek, you know why?” Luhan’s voice is now soft, and broken, sniffing, he continued, “because I love him, and you don’t give up on someone you love, Baek just like how you don’t give up when Chanyeol left you and see? Now. You’re happy with him. It doesn’t matter if I’m hurting, as long as he’s happy.”

 

“Are you ever going to stop loving Sehun?”

 

“Honestly, I can’t see myself doing that - unloving Sehun, I mean. I love him too much that I can’t divert my attention to someone else. Sehun, he’s been the only person that I dreamt of, the only one I have wanted. He’ s the only one I don’t mind growing old with. But I will stop pursuing my feelings for him if ever the time comes - if ever he already has his own family, I’ll stop then.” Luhan answered with sincerity, “Baek, I know you’re only looking out for my welfare but I will be fine. As long as I know you won’t leave me too, I’ll get by” Luhan heard Baekhyun sobbed on the other line, he chuckled, “hey, why are you crying?”

 

“Because you’re too precious and I hate myself for shouting at you” he wailed.

 

“Shh, it’s okay, Baek. I love you” Luhan heard Baekhyun muttering an ‘I love you, too’ on the other line and Luhan gently smiled after hearing this, “well, it’s already late. I’m hanging up now. I’ll see you tomorrow, we still have to plan about what to serve during Suho’s birthday, which is a day from now”


“Okay, good night, Lu” Baekhyun whispered. Luhan has a feeling that he’s still feeling guilty of shouting at him.

 

“Stop feeling guilty, and have a good night sleep, okay?” he whispered and Baekhyun replied with an okay. Luhan can visualize the latter nodding his head. He ended the call and went upstairs. He took a quick shower, changed his clothes and brush his teeth before climbing in bed. With phone in hand, Luhan looked at the message on top of his inbox, the message he received three years ago from Sehun.

 

I’m sorry.

Their long years of friendship ended with just that simple message.

I’m sorry.

The message he received when he woke up to the same room he was in now, lying on a familiar bed, his clothes neatly folded on the bedside table. The morning he woke up Sehun-less.

 

 

3 years ago.

 

Luhan was currently on his way to Good Times, his pace faster than usual. Sehun had hit him up a few minutes ago and Luhan quickly changed his clothes and dashed out of his house, his heart beating erratically with anticipation.

 

I need you’ Sehun had told him and Luhan knows that Sehun was having a hard time. Sehun doesn’t need to include where he was in the message, Luhan would know. He had always known.

 

Luhan entered the place and was surprised to see that there are only a few people left. It’s just 11 p.m., and before people were still having the time of their life in this place at this ungodly hour. Upon seeing Sehun, his back facing Luhan, he quickly made his way towards him. Sehun was sitting on the bar stool, chugging down the contents of the glass in his hand. Luhan noticed that there were already 6 empty glass in front of Sehun.

 

“How long has he been here?” Luhan asked Taemin, the bartender on duty, pointing at Sehun whose eyes were already drooping.

 

“Oh, him? An hour ago. Sure can drink a lot” Taemin chuckled, “would you like some drink?” he asked Luhan

 

“Do you have soju?” he asked.

 

“Oh, not a party-goer are you? But yes, we do” Taemin opened the fridge and took out a bottle of soju, “here you go” he handed the bottle to Luhan and excused himself. Deciding that he’ll just ask Sehun about the reason behind him drinking tomorrow for Sehun is already drunk, he sat beside Sehun and started drinking his own bottle of soju. After taking a few gulps, Luhan cursed at its bitter taste. Halfway to the bottle and his vision is already spinning. He saw Sehun’s head dropping to the counter, hitting it with a soft thud. Luhan chuckled at the sight, he doesn’t know what’s funny, he just feel the need to chuckle. After finishing the whole bottle, Luhan had started seeing two of Sehun already. He called for Taemin and payed his’ and Sehun’s bill, almost forgetting his wallet on the counter. He put Sehun’s hand on his shoulder and guided him outside, both of them swaying and sometimes, losing their balance.

 

“Lu, is that you?” Sehun asked when they were already outside. Luhan answered him with a ‘yes’, and situated Sehun inside the cab Taemin hailed for them. Luhan sat beside him and Sehun buried his face on Luhan’s neck, sniffing his scent.

 

Smiling, Sehun said “I know you’ll come. I love you”

 

Luhan’s heart started beating faster. He heard Sehun right, right? He told him he loves him, right? 5 minutes after and Luhan was already leading him and Sehun inside his house, swaying from left to right because of his drunken state. Luhan was having a hard time unlocking the door while holding Sehun so he leaned him to the wall for a moment and fortunately, he had already unlocked the door when Sehun was just about to fall on the floor, face first.

 

Luhan dropped Sehun on the couch after turning on the lights and he plopped down on the floor, eyes gazing at the drunk Sehun. Minutes after, Sehun started talking.

 

“Lu,” he called out to which Luhan hummed in response.

“Where are we Lu?”

 

“At my house, you can sleep here” he replied.

 

“Luhan” Sehun called out again, his eyes opening seconds after, his gaze zeroing at Luhan, “why am I lonely?”

 

“I don’t know, Sehun. I don’t know” Luhan said, shaking his head no.

 

“Can you make me happy?” Sehun asked, and he started leaning closer to Luhan

 

“I am always ready to make you happy” he replied and he closed the distance between his lips and Sehun’s, at how sweet it tasted. Their kiss turned heated and he just found himself being carried to his room, Sehun his neck. They got undressed in no time and soon, Luhan was under Sehun, writhing because of both pain and pleasure. His room was filled with his moans and pleas for Sehun to go harder, faster and deeper, to consume all of him while Sehun continue on ing inside him, groaning, grunting and at the pleasure he is receiving from being inside of Luhan.

 

When they were already near their peak, Sehun gave Luhan one powerful that has the latter screaming his name and pleasure.

 

“Sehuuuuuun!” and then Luhan came undone with Sehun following seconds after. He buried his face on Luhan’s neck and what he said truly broke Luhan.

 

“I’m sorry, Joohyun. I love you” Sehun whispered, his breathing ragged.

 

Minutes after Sehun fell asleep on top of him, he pushed the latter off of him. He covered themselves with the blanket and cried himself to sleep, his back facing Sehun while the latter has an arm around his waist.

 

It’s confirmed. He was really the world’s biggest idiot.

 

Luhan cried at the distant memory. His heart clenching, his chest tightening. He covered his mouth with his left hand, trying to muffle his cries while his right hand held his knees close to his chest. He fell asleep moments later, fresh tears still falling from his eyes and then, adorning his cheeks.

 

Luhan woke up the next morning with a terrible headache and a bloodshot, puffy eyes.

 

“Well, don’t I look like a vampire?” he asked himself while facing the mirror. Luhan took a rather long bath to ease his mind. He needed to clear his mind and remind himself to stop thinking about Sehun at least for today. He needs to focus at work. After an hour in the shower, Luhan is already on his way out to meet with Baekhyun at his own cafe - Cup and Beans. Baekhyun had messaged him that he has already a plan on what to serve tomorrow at Suho’s party. He just need Luhan to agree and make some changes if needed. Luhan pulled out of his garage and went on his way.

 

While he was waiting for the signals to turn green, he received a rather creepy message from an unknown number.

 

I’m coming home for you, the message says. Luhan has a strong feeling that it was just a prank text. Kids these days, he tsked.

 

He reached Baekhyun’s cafe and was greeted by a beaming Baekhyun.

 

“You’re 3 minutes late” Baekhyun whined, crossing his arms. Luhan pulled the nearest chair to him and sat down.

 

“Better 3 than 30, Baek,” he said with a chuckle, “the traffic’s heavy already. Forgive me?” Luhan beamed at Baekhyun, he knows the latter can’t say no to him when he does that. Baekhyun huffed at this, clearly irritated as to why he always give in easily when it comes to Luhan.

 

“Fine!” he said with a hmmp, with arms still crossed, he sat beside Luhan.

 

Luhan poked him at his side until he was already tickling him. Baekhyun erupted into a good laugh, hands trying to catch Luhan’s.

 

“Sto-op hahaha Lu, enou-hahahaha enough” Luhan stopped tickling him and grinned at Baekhyun, the latter also wearing a grin that’s similar to Luhan’s.

 

Baekhyun called for his assistant and she handed him the planner.

 

“Here’s the menu, Lu.Seafood Marinara Pasta Casserole, Honey Lemon Chicken, Grilled Salmon in Sweet Barbecue sauce, Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs and will be serving a 4-tiered chocolate marble cake, how’s that?” he asked Luhan

 

“Are you sure we’re going to serve the Seafood Marinara Pasta Casserole, Baek? It’s a new dish, and I am not sure if the guests will love it” Luhan said.

 

“Oh, Lu baby! It’s your dish, who wouldn’t like it?! Everyone craves for your cuisines! Even Kyungsoo’s mouth watered at the sight of your Seafood Marinara Pasta Casserole!”

 

“But what if-”

 

“No, buts! Will be serving that whether you like it or not so call your crew right now and tell them to start preparing already! I’ll be leaving you for a moment, I’m going to call Kyungsoo and asked him if he can help me in baking” Baekhyun pinched his cheek and went inside his office.

 

Luhan sighed. Baekhyun is really something. How is he going to serve 150 people with the Seafood Marinara that isn’t included in his restaurant’s menu yet?!

 

Lost in his thoughts, he didn’t heard the door chime. He was pulled out of his reverie when a hand was placed on his shoulder.

“Luhan? Is that you?” the oh-so-familiar lady asked him. Luhan inspects her and his gaze landed on her round belly. She’s pregnant?

 

Joo-joohyun?” he asked, seeking for confirmation.

 

“Yes! Oh my god! It’s been years! How have you been?” Joohyun asked, her lips curved into a smile.

 

“I-I’m good,” could have been better, “how about you? You’re pregnant?” he inquired.

 

“Uh, yes. I’m on my 6TH month now.” she answered, her eyes twinkling.

 

“Oh, congratulations” Luhan tried to sound that he’s happy for her but he wasn’t. Oh Sehun already has a child now. And that means he had waited for nothing. Sehun will not come back to him anymore. He’s already home. Luhan’s heart broke at that thought. Seconds after, Joohyun’s phone started ringing. Luhan stared at her as she talked to someone on the other line.

 

“Hun? Yes? I just got here at Cup and Bean. Oh you’re already on your way here. I’ll go outside now then. Take care, Hunnie” Joohyun ended the call and turned at Luhan.

 

“Sorry, Lu but I already need to go. Let’s catch up next time?” she smiled at him.

 

“Oh, sure” he answered absentmindedly. Joohyun tapped his shoulder and walked out of the cafe. Luhan burst into tears when she’s already out of sight. Spotting a crying Luhan, Baekhyun quickly made his way over and pulled him into a tight hug.

 

“Lu, why are you crying? Is it because of the Seafood Marinara? You’re not ready to make it for everyone yet? It’s okay, it’s okay, we’ll replace. Just don’t cry” Baekhyun started rubbing soothing circles on his back and Luhan buried his face on the crook of Baekhyun’s neck.

 

“I’ve lost him, Baek.. Sehun’s not coming back anymore. I’m so stupid, I should have listened to you, Baekkie. He already has a family. Joohyun went here and she’s pregnant. I heard her talking to Hunnie. I know it’s Sehun she’s talking to that moment. They are already back together, and expecting for their child. He’s already going to be a father and that means I need to let him go but I can’t Baekhyun. I can’t let Sehun go. I love him” he cried on Baekhyun’s shoulder and the latter kept on whispering comforting words unto his ear, “I can’t lose him, Baek. I can’t”

 

Baekhyun escorted Luhan towards his office and they sat down at the couch, Luhan’s arms wrapping tightly around Baekhyun.

 

“Baek, what am I supposed to do now?”

 

“You rest, Lu. You’ve been in a long battle. It’s time to lay down your weapons, and take a rest. Close your eyes baby”

 

After a few more minutes of sobbing, Luhan fell asleep in Baekhyun’s arm.

 

Baekhyun immediately dialed Chanyeol’s number and asked him to come over. It was already 4 p.m. when Chanyeol came because he still need to work a few more hours when Baekhyun called. After telling his assistant to look out for the cafe while he was gone, he and Chanyeol carried a sleeping Luhan back to his house. They decided to stay for the night, in case Luhan woke up. Baekhyun doesn’t want to make Luhan feel that he’s alone. He already had enough pain for this day. Baekhyun stared at the sleeping Luhan. I hope you won’t get hurt anymore, if only I can protect you from the pain, hyung.

 

The next day, Luhan was surprised to wake up to a sleeping Baekhyun beside him and a sleeping Chanyeol whose legs were dangling from the couch.

He stood up silently, careful not wake them up, and went straight to the bathroom after grabbing new clothes from his dresser. Memories from yesterday started flashing in his head when he stepped under the shower, the cold water hitting his lite body. Luhan thought he had already cried enough but his eyes betrayed him. He let the tears roll gently on his cheek along with the water pouring from the shower. He have lost Sehun completely. He have lost the only man he has loved, adored and wanted. He have lost the man he wished for. He have lost him though he was never his’ to begin with. Though futile it is to do, he wiped away his tears and willed himself not to cry anymore. He’s going to start anew. But it is easier said than done.

 

All throughout the preparation for Suho’s birthday, Baekhyun has to snapped him out of his thought. He can’t help but think of Sehun, his heart clenching every time he did so.

When it’s already time to go to the venue where Suho’s party is being held, Luhan had asked Baekhyun if he can stay at home. He said he’s not feeling well. Baekhyun knows the real reason why but didn’t want to force Luhan to come with them so he let him be on his own.

 

5 hours after sulking, Luhan received a message from Baekhyun, asking him to come over at his cafe for something important. Though confused as to why Baekhyun wanted to meet with him at 11 in the evening, he went on his way. From afar, he can see Baekhyun’s cafe has no lights . Is this a prank?! Luhan asked himself. He stepped out of his car and pushed the door lightly, surprisingly it opened.

 

“Baek, are you here?” Luhan called out.

 

The lights of the cafe started turning on when he closed the door. And what he saw was far more surprising. There on the counter stood Sehun, a bouquet of blue roses in hand, an ‘I’m sorry’ banner hanging on the wall behind him.

 

“Se-Sehun? Why are you here?” he asked Sehun, who’s standing approximately 10 steps away from him.

 

“To do this,” Sehun said and went down on his knees, eyes staring intently at Luhan, “Lu, I’m sorry”

 

“Huh? What for? There isn’t-”

 

“I’m sorry for leaving 3 years ago. I’m sorry for being a coward. I’m sorry for not staying by your side” he continued.

 

“I don’t… I” Luhan was taken aback. Sehun is here, kneeling in front of him, asking for forgiveness.

 

“When I woke up that morning with you beside me, I regret taking advantage of you, of your feelings”

 

“Ho-how did you found out?” Luhan asked.

 

“I’m not naive, Luhan. I have always known that you feel something for me and I’m sorry if I was selfish enough to use you. I regret it really. But you know what I regret the most?” he asked Luhan, his eyes glistening, tears threatening to fall any moment from now.

 

“What?” Luhan dared to ask.

 

“It’s being in denial and leaving you behind.” Sehun bowed down his head, his gaze now zeroing on the tiled floor, “when I woke up that morning, with you sleeping peacefully in my arms, I had thought of how lucky I am to experience that. I thought of how I wanted to wake up with you beside me every morning. I don’t know how, I don’t know why but my heart started beating faster that moment. When I leaned in to kiss your lips, it’s cheesy to say this, but I could feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach, the fluttering I didn’t felt with Joohyun. I realized that I had fallen in love with you but I kept denying it to myself. I convinced myself that it was the possessive side talking because I can’t imagine you sleeping in someone’s arms. I convinced myself that it was Joohyun that I am still in love with.” Sehun lifted his head up and looked at Luhan again.

 

“So I left, because I wasn’t ready to love you yet. A part of me is still hurting because of Joohyun and I can’t love you like that. You deserve a love greater than that. For years, I convinced myself that I will eventually move on from you but there wasn’t a day when I didn’t think about you. You were the only thing on my mind. I realized that moment that I need to come back to you and tell you how much I love you”

 

“I was determined to return to you, to ask you to take me back but I got into an accident on my way to the airport a year and a half ago. I was in coma for a week and I had to undergo different therapy to get better and to remember things that I have forgotten”

 

Sehun was taken aback when Luhan ran to his side and hug him.

 

“I’m sorry you have to go through that alone,” he cried, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry” Luhan repeated the last words like a mantra. Sehun hugged him back and started rubbing Luhan’s back.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m okay now. Shh, don’t cry. You don’t need to be sorry.” Sehun cooed, “I should be the one saying sorry. I’m really sorry, Lu for leaving you behind. Will you take me back? Can I make you mine now?” he asked

 

“What about Joohyun? How about your unborn child?”

 

Sehun pulled back from the hug and stared quizzically at Luhan, “who told you I’m having a child with Joohyun?”

 

“I saw her yesterday and she’s pregnant and before she left, she was talking to someone she called Hunnie. Isn’t that you?”

 

“Oh, baby no,” Sehun chuckled at Luhan, “she’s already married with Jihun, you remember him?”

 

“The nerd from our class?”

 

“Yes, him, love. They got married a year ago at Paris. I bumped into them yesterday”

 

“Oh”

 

“Any more questions?”

 

“How did you found me?”

 

“I saw Baekhyun at Suho hyung’s party. I told him everything and after an earful, he dropped me off here and asked you to come over. He helped me prepare all of these, too. It took us a good two hours to finish this because he kept on threatening my life” Sehun beamed at him, “so, no more questions?”

 

“None for now” Luhan smiled gently at him. Sehun returned the gesture.

 

“So will you let me court you?”

 

“Sehun-ah,you don’t need to do that. I don’t want you to”

 

“Wh-why? Are you.. do you already have someone else?” Sehun asked, the sparkle in his eyes slowly dimming. He, then, heard Luhan laughing.

 

“No, I was waiting for you. You don’t need to court me, because I’m already yours. We’ve been separated for too long, we need to make up for the times we’ve lost” he gave Sehun a warm smile.

 

“So this means?”

 

“Yes, Sehun-ah, I’m already your boyfriend”

 

Sehun lifted Luhan up and started twirling. His and Luhan’s laughter echoing at the cafe.

 

“Thank you, Luhan, thank you!” Sehun started peppering Luhan’s face with kisses and the latter started giggling.

 

“You’re not turning back right? You’re already mine even after all the pain I’ve caused you?” Sehun asked, seeking for assurance.

 

“Nope. Sure, loving you was painful but I’m not complaining. It was hard but you know what Sehun-ah? It’s worth it” Luhan smiled at Sehun and pulled him in for a kiss. Their first kiss as an official couple. First of the many kisses they will share.

 

And now, they are on a journey to create more memories together, to reach for their dreams together, to build a future together.

 

Their love story may not be perfect but if someone give him a pen for a chance to rewrite it, Luhan won’t. He’ll gladly throw the pen away and close their book. It may not have been perfect but they ended the way Luhan had wanted - together. And Luhan won’t have it any other way around.