Your Only Baby

For 520 couple : A collection

It was one Saturday morning and Luhan woke up to an empty bed, the warmth on the side where Sehun slept already gone. How long had he been gone, he doesnt know. He stood up, did a little stretching and head to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and washed his face. After the 3rd splash of water had hit his face, he sighed. How many times did he woke up to an already empty bed? 10 times, 11, maybe 12? He already lost count. After wiping his face dry, he went back to his room and checked in his planner if he has any schedule today. Luckily, he has none which means he can enjoy this glorious morning.

 

Luhan went out of hisand Sehuns room, the kitchen being his destination. He needs to prepare breakfast for him and Sehun. While he was walking downstairs, he heard a faint Whos a good dog? Who? Who, baby?and a resounding bark afterwards. Luhan heaved a sigh and calmed himself. Vivi is just a dog, Luhan. He wont take Sehun away, Luhan murmured to himself. Luhan continued on his way and there he saw Sehun at the living room, brushing Vivis fur with his fingertips and Vivi is wagging his tail. 2 minutes had passed yet Sehun hasnt noticed that Luhan is already there, boring holes on his back. Not able to withstand being ignored by his beloved anymore, Luhan stomped his way to the kitchen.

 

He opened the refrigerator and grabbed the first thing he saw in there - a pancake mix. Luhan was really planning to make a grand breakfast for him and Sehun but he decided against this because of someone. Luhan was busy preparing the pancake batter when a pair of arms s around his waist and he felt a pair of lips placing a chaste kiss on his cheeks.

 

Good morning, babe. How long have you been up?Sehun asked him and buried his face on Luhans neck, inhaling his scent.

 

For a while now, you? You didnt wake me upLuhan replied, his voice softer than usual.

 

I woke up early, Vivis barking nonstop so I decided to check on him. Youre still sound asleep, I dont want to disturb you, I know youre tiredSehun pulled Luhan closer to him and started nibbling on his earlobe.

 

SehunLuhan whined, removing Sehuns hand from his waist, I am making breakfast

 

Sehun turned Luhan around and pulled him, his chin resting atop Luhans head. He started tracing random circles on Luhans back, and kissing his neck seconds later.

 

Breakfast can wait Lu, let me love you firstwas Sehuns husky reply. Sehun continue kissing Luhans neck, giving it a few and bites. He stopped when he realized that Luhan isnt letting out his usual cute moans or even whimpering. He pulled back and stared at Luhans brown orbs.

 

Lu, are you okay?he asked, worry evident on his voice.

 

I am not. I feel stupid for getting jealous of Vivi. Luhan wanted to tell Sehun but he didnt. He doesnt want to fight over something so trivial. Sehun spending time with Vivi is okay but the fact that Sehun doesnt even notice his presence even he was just literally 3 steps away from him doesnt sit well with Luhan. He felt unimportant.

 

Im okay, Sehun. Play with Vivi first while I cook breakfast for usLuhan smiled at Sehun but Sehun knows it wasnt genuine. Hes been with Luhan for 6 years now and he already knows the latter all too well. Sehun sighed and placed a kiss on Luhans forehead - a lingering one, and went back to the living room.

He will tell me when hes ready, he told himself.

 

Their breakfast was uneventful. Luhan remained quiet all throughout. He did answer some of Sehuns questions though but he wasnt being his usual self and Sehun makes it a goal to make Luhan feel okay before the day ends.

 

That afternoon, Luhan was reaching out for a book placed on top of their bookshelf inside their mini library. He was already standing on a chair but he still cant reach it. Its too high! Luhan let out a groan and jumped on the chair. He did reach the book but he fell off the chair, successfully getting a scrape on his right knee.

 

AwwLuhan whined and he started blowing on the bright red wound. It stings! Sehuuuuun!Luhan called out and he was answered with a resounding silence.

 

Sehun!he called again but Sehun wasnt responding. Tears are now forming on Luhans eyes and he started staring at the ceiling to stop them from falling.

 

Sehun!he tried again and after two minutes, Sehun barged inside the library and he was greeted by the sight of a sobbing Luhan.

 

God, Lu! What happened to you?Sehun ran to his side and started inspecting him.

 

I fell off the chairLuhan latched himself to Sehun and sob at the latters chest, Ive been calling for you, where were you?

 

Im sorry, Lu. I didnt quite hear you. Vivis foot got squeezed when I shut our door close and he was crying. Im sorry, babySehun pulled Luhan to him and started peppering his face with kisses.

 

Luhan felt replaced that time. The rest of their Saturday was spent inside the bedroom, they only went out to cook dinner and eat and went back right after.

 

The next day, Luhan decided that he had enough of being ignored because of Vivi so he decided to step up his game. Hes going to not leave Vivi alone with Sehun anymore! Hell take back whats his.

 

Luhan woke up earlier than Sehun and he placed a gentle kiss on the latters forehead. He finished his daily routine and went downstairs. He saw Vivi still sleeping inside his cage. Luhan walked towards him and grinned mischievously at the sleeping dog.

 

Ha! Sorry, Vivi! Ill make sure that today will be just Luhan and Sehunday!

 

Luhan skipped happily towards the kitchen, whistling a certain song tune. He reached for the pan and took out several strips of bacon, pieces of sausage and eggs from the fridge. When the butter already melted in the pan, he started frying them. He also toasted several loaves of bread and spread peanut butter and jelly on them. He also prepared coffee for him and Sehun. Smiling, Luhan finished preparing their breakfast. Luhan has a feeling that today will be a good day.

 

Or maybe not.

 

When Luhan was about to call Sehun to have breakfast with him, he saw the latter already up, ruffling Vivis fur. Is this for real? Luhan wanted to shout but he didnt instead he went back to the kitchen and reached for the flour hidden in the cupboard. He opened the canister where it is kept and poured some on his hair, some of it freely landing on his face. Coughing, Luhan called for Sehun.

 

Sehun! Some flour entered my eyes!he shouted. He heard footsteps towards his direction and he smiled internally. He felt Sehuns presence in front of him then the latter wiped off the flour remnants on his hair and blew into his eyes.

 

There, you can open them now, Lu. What happened here?Sehun asked him. Luhan opened his eyes and what welcomed him was the sight of Sehun holding his lovely Vivi.

 

Im planning to fry more eggsLuhan answered.

 

With the flour, Lu? Really?Sehun deadpanned. Realizing that the reason he uttered was plain stupid, Luhan bowed his head.

 

Lets just eat he faintly answered.

 

It is already 9 a.m. and nothing pleasing has happened to Luhan. He was now resting on a reclining chair placed beside the pool and Sehun is currently feeding Vivi. Its been 30 minutes since Sehun went inside to feed the starvingdog and he hasnt come back yet. Getting impatient, Luhan stood up, placed the book on the chair and plunged in the pool.

 

Sehuuuuun! Help!he shouted. Yep, Luhan jumped into the pool despite the freezing water just to get Sehuns attention. A rushing Sehun went outside the pool area. Luhan is flailing his arms repeatedly, in an overly-dramatic manner.

 

What happened?he asked.

 

Im drowning! Help!and Luhan flailed his arms more, pretending to drown (ineffectively).

 

Luhan, you know you cant drown in there. Its just a 5-ft pool, youre 55.Sehun said with a sigh. He reached out his hand for Luhan to take but the latter didnt. Instead, he shook his head no.

 

No? Youll freeze in there, Lu

 

Ill better freeze here than to be with a meanie like youLuhan turned his back to Sehun and walked towards the middle of the pool, go back inside, Vivis going to choke on his dog food if you didnt

 

Sehun stared at Luhans retreating back but he didnt dare say a word. He doesnt want to make Luhan more upset. So with a heavy heart, he went back inside.

 

 

 

Luhan was carrying lots of bags with Sehun following behind, carrying more bags. They went to the mall because Luhan noticed that their stock wouldnt last the whole week. The drive to the mall went smooth, though Luhan is still not talking to Sehun. Sehun kept on throwing glances at the others direction, hoping to get even a small smile from Luhan but he didnt. Not even a glance was thrown at his side . After putting all that they bought at the car trunk and situating Vivi again at the backseat, Sehun went inside the car. He noticed that Luhan still hadnt put his seat belt on. It has somewhat become a habit of Luhan, he wont put his seat belt on and wait for Sehun to do it instead. Sehun reached out to Luhans side and fix his seat belt. Luhan just continue staring outside the window.

 

Lets stop by Baekhyuns shop, Im craving for ice creamLuhan spoke. Sehun nodded at him and started the engine. The 10-minute drive towards Baekhyuns shop went agonizingly slow in Sehuns opinion. How long is Luhan gonna stay on ignoring him? Luhan stepped out of the car and waited for Sehun. Minutes later and Luhan noticed that Sehun isnt standing up, he peeked at Sehun.

 

Arent you coming with me?he asked.

 

Sehun pointed at the No Pets Insidesign and rubbed his nape I cant leave Vivi here, someone might get him

 

You can lock the windows thoughLuhan deadpanned.

 

What if he wanted to pee or poop? You dont want him dirtying the seat now, do you?

 

Luhan rolled his eyes at Sehun. Its us. Baek willunderstand, he can make an exemptionhe stated, as a matter of fact.

 

Youll be just quick right? Well wait for you hereSehun answered.

 

Luhan crossed his arms, his feet tapping the pavement repeatedly, a sign that he is already getting pissed Oh, I dont want to be a burden. You can already go home, dont wait for me. Vivi might get hungryhe then stomped his way towards Baekhyuns shop. Sehun sighed. What did you just do, Oh Sehun?

 

A couple of minutes later, Sehun saw Baekhyun rushing out of his own shop, panicking.

 

Sehun! Sehun!Sehun quickly stepped out of the car, afraid that something bad had happened to Luhan.

 

What is it, Baek? Did something happened to Lu?

 

Yes, yes. He ordered for Choco Peanut Crumble but he was allergic to peanuts! Now, his face is starting to swellwith big strides, Sehun walked into the shop and saw Luhan happily munching. He knows Luhan isnt allergic to peanuts. He held Luhans shoulder and made him face him. Luhan looked up to him, spoon still inside his mouth.

 

Really, Lu? Peanut allergy? We both know you dont have such. Finish that up, were going homeSehun went out of the shop and minutes after, Luhan was already doing the same. Sehun started the engine once Luhan was already seated beside him.

 

Whats with you today? First, you spilled some flour then you jumped in a pool then you pretended to have peanut allergy. Why?Sehun asked when they were already inside their home. He gently put Vivi back in his cage and held Luhans hand after.

Because you arent giving me some of your timeLuhan mumbled softly, too soft for Sehun to hear.

 

Again, Luhan. I wont hear you if you wont speak louder and clearer

 

Because you arent giving me some of your time!Luhan spat.

 

Excuse me? Where is this coming from, Mister?

 

Oh, shush! You know its true! You are always with Vivi! Vivi here, Vivi there! Why not make him your boyfriend instead?

 

Lu, are you for real? Are you really jealous of Vivi now?

 

Yes! Who wouldnt? You always put him first! When Vivis hurt, you always come to his side in no time while when I fell off the chair and hurt my knee, it took you 15 minutes to come to my side. You even wake up before me and instead of cuddling with me, you have chosen to baby Vivi instead! Hes been only here for a month and I already feel like Im being replaced!Luhan shouted, his eyes b with tears. Sehuns heart broke at the sight. Sehun pulled him close but Luhan keeps on thrashing in his arms. Seconds after, Luhan stopped his attempt on freeing himself from Sehuns hold and bury his face on Sehuns chest.

 

Im sorryhe murmured, Im sorry if Im being like this

 

Oh, baby. I should be the one saying that. Im sorry if I made you feel this way. Im sorry for not realizing it sooner. Im just helping Vivi to adjust, Lu. Hes only a month old for me and he needs proper guidance and care so Im sorry. I want him to feel safe and comfortable with us. I hope you can understand. And youre not being replaced, Lu. Youre my favorite baby, Luhan

 

I should be your only babyLuhan whined, Vivi can be a playmate

 

But Lu, Vivi needs parents to look after him. Dont you want to be his baba?

 

I dohe whispered softly

 

So?sehun asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Fine. Vivi can be our baby but I should be still your favorite babyLuhan finished with a hmmp.

 

Of course, of course. Nothings better than that. So, now can my baby give me a kiss? I missed him so muchLuhan pulled away from Sehun and Sehun smiled gently at him. Sehun started to inch his face closer towards Luhan and lets just say that their Sunday became very much eventful after that and the barking Vivi went ignored throughout the day.