3: Parallax Illusion

Astronauts [SHORT HIATUS]

Chaeyoung’s POV

Shifting my view point for today, I lied about last time.

I wasn’t really sad about that, I was sad about something else.

But that’s for another time.

‘Cubby…are you awake?’ I turned over to my phone to text back.

LittleSmolCub: yeah I am

PenguinMinari: There’s no school today

LittleSmolCub: I know

PenguinMinari: didn’t Sana say that we’re gonna all hang out together?

LittleSmolCub: yeah

PenguinMinari: are you coming?

I didn’t want to go out today because of I unwillingly don’t want to get out of bed.

PenguinMinari: well if you don’t want to..then you can’t

PenguinMinari: I’m asking if you’re coming since I am coming along too

LittleSmolCub: hmm

LittleSmolCub: fine I will

PenguinMinari: yay!!!

LittleSmolCub: anything for you

PenguinMinari: aww how cheesy of you

LittleSmolCub: hahah you :P

PenguinMinari: :P

You know the feeling of emptiness inside you once you have a really happy moment? That’s what I felt like right now.

Actually, like what I said, I lied about what I told to Mina, it wasn’t really about that girl. It was just me running away from my own anxiety and depression caused by traumatic that happened in the past. I don’t know why I can’t let go of that, but somehow I couldn’t move on.

Enough of that . I’m tired about talking about my thoughts, let’s just go back to being happy

‘Happy’ per say.

‘Chaenyoung-ie…are you coming~?’ I forgot that I was in a group chat with these people.

EmpressChaeng: yes I will

Snakelord2000: yaaay

ThiccTofu: She’s gonna be too short for the rides lol

EmpressChaeng: !!! I’M NOT THAT SHORT!

God: yes you are

EmpressChaeng: you were like that when we were going to ride the disco pang

God: I was?

EmpressChaeng: -.-

God: well you are short…

Yoda: yea

EmpressChaeng: I’m older than you

Yoda: so what

Jokbal69: oof

EmpressChaeng: did you change your username again Momo

Jokbal69: maybe

EmpressChaeng: It fits you

NoJamz: should I post SNOW-fied selfie of Nayeon

EmpressChaeng: she’ll call you for sure

Squirtle: what

NoJamz: ooF nvm

EmpressChaeng: where’s Mina?

Snakelord2000: she was just online like 5 minutes ago

Waddle: I’m still here

Snakelord2000: were you lurking?

Waddle: probably.         

God: that’s kinda creepy

Waddle: let’s consider the fact your username is God. Your views are more omnified.

NoJamz: Mina’s humor is edgy today

Waddle: thanks

Waddle: what time is the thing btw

Snakelord2000: around 9:00 AM!!!!

Waddle: …that’s pretty early.

Snakelord2000: well you don’t want a lot of people do you? You usually hate crowds

Waddle: well…I guess.

Snakelord2000: great!! See you all there at 9!!

Jeez, that was too early to go to an amusement park for my taste..nonetheless…the crowds are usually big there if there’s a holiday or something.

‘Chae…can you pick me up?’

LittleSmolCub: why

PenguinMinari: because…

PenguinMinari: I wanna ride you

LittleSmolCub: ?!

PenguinMinari: I MEAN *RIDE WITH YOU

LittleSmolCub: …..

PenguinMinari: sorry uwu

LittleSmolCub: that’s…okay.

Jesus I swear all the UwU’s jumped out of my soul today. Now I have to do things like pick up Mina from her house and be presentable or something.

I just wore my oversized shirt with a pair of ripped jeans and wore a snapback. I feel good.

I checked my watch to see what time it was. 7:00…it takes about an hour to get to the park..and about 15 minutes to Mina’s place. That’s fine!

I remember my parents giving me this expensive car on my 18th birthday and I try not to break it whenever I go out with my friends on a late night out and having to drive them all home when they’re drunk.

Off we go!

-15 minutes later-

LittleSmolCub: Mina

LittleSmolCub: Mina..?

LittleSmolCub: I’m here at your house.

LittleSmolCub: mina

I waited impatiently as she wasn’t answering my calls nor replying to my texts. I decided to go down from the car and walk to her front door.

“Wow…this house hasn’t changed a bit.” I stated, it looked pretty much roughly the same from 10 years ago, just had a paint job.

I knocked on the door.

“Knock Knock.”

No answer

“Hello? Is anybody home?” I reached out for the door knob to see it was unlocked. I hesitated but I figured to just open the door and see a sleeping penguin on the couch.

“Sigh…how could you sleep in such an uncomfortable position?” Many would find her position ‘un-lady like’ and started to shake her a bit.

“Minari…wake up…” She opened her eyes a bit and spoke out; “Mmmm..Chaengie..~?” Her raspy voice was hot

I mean

It wasn’t good that she slept in this hour, I guess she stayed up all night excited or something.

“A-ah…” Mina rose up from the couch, rubbing her eyes. “I got too excited last night…I couldn’t sleep.”

See? What did I tell you.

I tried to hold in my laughter. “I wasn’t wrong about my prediction after all!”

“E-eh?!” Her face turned red and flustered a bit. “T-this is embarrassing…”

What a cutie.

Mina’s POV

I can’t believe she knew about that…!

“Chaeyoung-ah--please forget about this!!!” I pleaded. Her face shown an obvious snicker. “I will.”

“Or will I?” She laughed as she ran out of the door. “Chaeyounnngg!!!” I dashed to her car and somehow she tricked me unto entering the vehicle.

“Ha, gotcha out of your comfort zone.” It’s not my first time seeing Chaeyoung this way, she always made a gimmick to get me out of the zone I’m in.

I didn’t want to go out in the first place if Chaeyoung wasn’t coming along or else I would be as silent as hell during the hangout.

“So, what made your mind to join?”

“Uhm…you?”

“Me?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you sure this isn’t some kind of illusion?” I was shocked at the sentence she just said. “W-what do you mean this is some kind of illusion? You’re real right?”

“What if I wasn’t?”

I pinched her.

“OW!” She gripped on the wheel and swerved a bit, almost causing a crash. “Mina you didn’t have to do that!!!”

“I’m sorry--!! I…I just..” I held my head down a bit in disappointment, Chaeyoung squished my cheek a little. “Hey!! Don’t be sad about that! I was just kidding…I’m a No Jam remember?” Her smile vanished the emotions I felt that moment and it replaced it with joy.

“Yeah…thanks for clarifying that.” She looked at the time and then back at me. “Well, you can sleep for awhile since it’ll take about 40 minutes to get there. Sleep tight.”

I wonder, if she’s just putting on some trick on me?