2: Into Orbit

Astronauts [SHORT HIATUS]

Mina's POV

I accidentally almost fell asleep in Math class today. I've been sleep deprived due to our thesis in our other class and Momo hasn't done . I've done almost half of it and she hasn't even done a single part of our research, nonetheless she has the audacity to take a nap in class and not me. 

A ball of paper seemed to hit my head.

"What the....?" I opened the paper ball and it told me to look at my right side..

"Right..?" when I looked there, it told me to look back. "Back..?"

Then left. "Huh..what is this..?" Front.

"Front..then...look up?" I looked up to see a middle finger pointed right at me.

This son of a .

It was Jackson.

He stuck out his tongue playfully as I glance at him. "" I murmured out of my mouth.

I focused back on the lesson being taught to us, I felt like the lesson was going on forever until the bell rang.

My droopy eyelids slowly rose from exhaustion; I yawned and stretched out my arms.

I looked to my side to see a sleeping Chaeyoung , somehow not awoken by the bell's loud ringing.

"mmmnnhhh" was the thing she mumbled out of . I shook her a bit to wake her up. "Chaeyoungie---It's time to get up...class is over?"

She rolled her shoulders and slapped my hand away. "..mmmnnnh....five more minutes mom...." 

I can't believe this girl is my best friend.

I cleared my throat and began to speak softly into her ear; "Little cub...classes are done for the day." Chaeyoung's eyes shot open to see that I was standing right in front of her face. "M-Mina!"

She stood up from her seat only to realize she drooled all over her sketchbook. "I can't believe I drooled again." She huffed in disappointment. It seemed to be on the page where I saw her wrote that particular line.

"I have to talk to you about something later Chae..."

"Huh? About what?"

"Ah...something. I'll tell you over text, be online okay?"

She stared at me.

"I don't wanna go online." Chaeyoung frowned, her eyes started to reflect anguish and sorrow all of a sudden.

"Why?" I questioned, are eyes locked onto one another. "Private." She said while sticking her tongue out. "If you really want to make me come online, can you convince me?"

"What kind of convince?"

"Bring me into your orbit." I was bewildered by her saying, what does she mean by this?

I replied; "Orbit?"

"Yes. Orbit." Chaeyoung proceeded to whisper to me something, "Have you been glancing over my sketchbook?" I started to sweat, my voice shaked. "Ah..no."

"If so..do you know about that drawing, that I drew of you and I?" She started to smile again, which comforted me.

"Eh? You drew us?"

"Aiisshh...do you even get it?"

"....No...."

Chaeyoung facepalmed but laughed. "I have a crush on you, didn't you know that?"

I got shocked all of a sudden, "Eh?! Why didn't you tell me?" She was staring at me, deep into my soul. "Because we're best friends and that's kinda weird for us right?"

"Uhm..because we're girls?"
"Exactly."

I knew she was trying to change the subject from awhile ago, but I let it slide because of this sudden confession. "So what, are we girlfriends now?" I chuckled. "You didn't even ask me out."

"UGH. Fine...Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled, "Of course." I embraced her, somehow...this wasn't the aura I was expecting. The aura around her seemed dark still, not because she's evil or something...it's because something is going on in her head.

It's like I was her escape through reality?

Something like that.

"Okay! You have convinced me to come online! See you later penguin~!" She hopped off happily out of the classroom.

I was confused as I was standing alone, in the classroom.

I'm going to find out sooner or later of what she meant.

Chaeyoung's POV

. She almost got me.

I took a breather when I got off the last train to my place. Slowly, I entered my apartment and opened the lights.

"Finally, home..." I slouched on my couch, opening my phone. I got a message from Mina.

'Hey, you said you'd come online.'

I groaned, I regret doing this, even though I did have feelings for her...I did it at the wrong time. I know what she wants to find out about.

Quickly, I opened the chat;

PeguinMinari: Hey Chae!!

LittleSmolCub: Hey

PenguinMinari: why the one-word reply lol

She caught me, I think

LittleSmolCub: uhh...

LittleSmolCub: nothing

PenguinMinari: is there something you want to tell me besides awhile ago? You changed topic all of a sudden.

I started to choke on her words; she must've seen something else in the sketchbook.

PenguinMinari: what do you mean by those words? Have you been listening to some angsty song again?

PenguinMinari: hey stop seenzoning me!!!

LittleSmolCub: sorry I was cooking

PenguinMinari: you don't cook.

LittleSmolCub: cooking cup noodles

PenguinMinari: that's not cooking

LittleSmolCub: it is

PenguinMinari: stop trying to change the topic

LittleSmolCub: I'm not

PenguinMinari: okay, if you say so

PenguinMinari: back to what I was saying,

PenguinMinari: what was that in your sketchbook?

To be honest, I haven't been eating healthy lately at all, cup noodles are starting to become my thing. I didn't eat full meals, like curry and rice.

This thing may sound shallow..but..It seems a bit deeper than you think.

Somehow, I didn't want to lose something close to me, but that thing was lost. I've lost someone through the course of the school year. It was tough, but somehow I couldn't get over it. Mina's my best friend but I couldn't tell her these things because It seemed like I was a coward.

PenguinMinari: hello??

PenguinMinari: ding ding???

PenguinMinari: tick tock??

PenguinMinari: vroom vroom motherer

LittleSmolCub: what the

PenguinMinari: sorry

PenguinMinari: you weren't replying

LittleSmolCub: listen, this convo I'm about to talk about will stay between us

LittleSmolCub: arraseo?

PenguinMinari: ne

LittleSmolCub: I'm kinda sad about something

PenguinMinari: about?

LittleSmolCub: ..about...

LittleSmolCub: do you know that girl who I used to hangout a lot with?

PenguinMinari: yeah. I know what you're talking about now

LittleSmolCub: ....you know?

PenguinMinari: she went up to the heavens just a few weeks ago, right?

PenguinMinari: I know that, and I can see through you, you know.

PenguinMinari: We've been best friends for like...4 years. I know that's a bit of a short time, but It's long enough for me to point things out about you

PenguinMinari: so take it easy

PenguinMinari: I don't want you to be an astronaut so soon.

PenguinMinari: Sorry Chaeyoung

PenguinMinari: I didn't mean to be so serious all of a sudden.

LittleSmolCub: that's okay

PenguinMinari: sorry

LittleSmolCub: stop saying sorry lol

PenguinMinari: ....

PenguinMinari: sorry

LittleSmolCub: sigh

LittleSmolCub: it's getting late.

LittleSmolCub: you're mine now okay

PenguinMinari: eh?

PenguinMinari: well...

LittleSmolCub: you said yes :>

PenguinMinari: yeah..but

LittleSmolCub: no buts uwu

PenguinMinari: uwu

Everything got so relieving so quickly.

My chest got lighter all of the sudden.

Ah, this chapter is so confusing...why am I like this? It'll probably get back to me for sure. I'll just make sure this time Jihyo won't spy on me or something.

Somehow, this girl entered my orbit, she's starting to circle around me and that she's going to find out things someday.

I'll be an astronaut Mina, just you wait.