Two-The Mission [re-post]

My Ghost Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She lid up her eyes slowly and found herself lying on something. It wasn’t a floor or a carpet. It was white and bright. When she looked around her, it was the same as the place she lied on.

Staring down at her clothes, she choked. She was wearing a white dress that covered her body. ‘What’s happening?’ she thought.

“Park Jiyeon.”

Hearing a soft voice behind her, Jiyeon startled before turning to her back. There, stood a woman with the most charming smile she’d ever seen.

“Welcome.” The woman said, again, with her assuring smile.

Jiyeon suddenly realized something. She wasdead. The last thing she remembered was seeing her boyfriend; Joon’s crying face.

“Who are you? Where am I? What is happening in here?” Perplexed, she shot her questions. “And I’m dead, right? So, is this heaven?”

The woman stepped forward and gawked at her before saying, “You’re not in heaven and you’re not in the world either.”

Jiyeon frowned. Then, where exactly she was? When she was about to open , the woman raised her right hand politely ‘causing her to stay silent.

“This is the bridge of heaven and earth.” She explained. “I’m your supervisor. Before you could go to heaven, you have a mission you need to accomplish.”

Shocked, she blurted, “WHAT?”

“I understand that you’re shocked. We get that a lot.”

“A lot?” Jiyeon held her chest. “You mean, this kind of thing really happens?”

She smiled, “Of course it is happening. Even I died like neon of years ago. I just got a promotion as the supervisor.”

Dropping her jaw, Jiyeon couldn’t believe what she just uttered. What the heck was this? She closed her eyes, trying to collect all of the details before she died. Well, she did remember that the last person by her side was Joon.

Speaking of him, her face saddened. Her chest felt heavy as the memories floated through her mind. She reminisce every one of them.

“Wait. Let me get this straight first. You’re dead, right?” Jiyeon raised her brow while the woman nodded. “What’s your name?”

“It used to be Lee Misun. I died at a very young age, just like you. When I first arrived here, I was baffled too. What the hell with this bridge thing? Why can’t I just go to heaven? But, slowly, I began to understand. Our cases are both rare.”

Jiyeon stared at her. “Rare? What do you mean rare?”

“Separating from your soul mate is rare. And as soul mate he needed you more than anything. So, it’s your job to help him. I had the same mission as you before. That’s why they chose me to be your supervisor.”

“They?” Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows. “Okay, before it gets more confusing, can you tell me exactly, what’s my mission?” She folded her arms, puckering her lips as she had enough of brain processing already.

Everything was happening too fast that she couldn’t keep up with. “Help him to find a new soul mate. That’s your official mission, Park Jiyeon.”

She looked up, gaping at Misun with disbelief. “W-What? B-b-but..How?” Stuttering, Jiyeon bit her lower lip. Deep down, she didn’t want to be replaced. Nobody would want that, right?

Misun sighed, “I know how you’re feeling. Trust me. I’ve been there. Helping him to find my replacement? How can I fulfill such an absurd job? But, I did. And he’s happy right now. They finally settled down and have two adorable kids. If I could do it, why can’t you, Park Jiyeon?”

“I’ll give a shot.” Jiyeon said bitterly after contemplating with her mind for awhile. Well, at least she get to meet him.

 “Alright then. Now opened your ears widely, I will explain everything to you, Park Jiyeon. Your mission; Finding a new soul mate for Lee Joon, begins now.”

 

--------------------------------------

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter