Three – Ghost and Girlfriend

My Ghost Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He blinked his eyes a few times. Was he dreaming or hallucinating? Or had he lost his mind after Jiyeon left? No, this can’t be happening. All of his sense were lying to him ‘cause there was no way Jiyeon would came back to life, sitting at the edge of his bed, all smiles.

“Oppa.” Jiyeon called him again. “Joonie oppa.”

“No. I’ve gone crazy. I’m crazy. I’m insane.” Joon mumbled and plopped under his blanket. “I see thing that doesn’t make sense. I am definitely losing my mind.”

Sighing, Jiyeon got up and walked towards him. She leaned in closer to his ears and whispered, “Oppa, it’s me, your favourite girl in the world.”

Hearing her words Joon who was under the blanket flinched. Reluctantly, he pulled down the blue sheets and saw her smile. Her usual sweet smile.

“J-Jiyeon? It’s that really you?” Joon widen his eyes, stuttering to face her.

“Oh, oppa!” Jiyeon exclaimed in the most adorable way, “I’d just been dead for a week and you forgot my face? That’s so mean.”

He sat upright and with a shocked expression, he stared at her, examined every inch of her face. Every feature of it looked exactly how he remembered. Her wide, brown eyes that glowed, her luscious lips that always formed into a crescent, and her long, soft hair with curls at every end.

“It’s you.” His face softened and his eyes started to swell up with tears. Finally, god had granted his wish. Seeing her beautiful face was his only desire.

But then it hit him. He saw with his very own eyes how Jiyeon was lying on the ground with blood flowing down her head. He saw her breathing became weak. He saw they buried her in that hole.

“You’re dead, Jiyeon.” Joon said in a shaky voice before stared down at his trembling fingers. The words seemed so unreal. For a week, he ran from that fact. He refused to say it out loud, because by saying it, he admitted that she was already leaving the world.

And he hated that. He didn’t want that. He never wanted that. Yet, he managed to speak of it now, in front of her, the person he loved the most.

Jiyeon looked at him with an apologetic face. She knew he must’ve felt guilty but she never blamed him for her death.

“Oppa, please don’t blame yourself.” Softly, she coaxed him.

“How could I not, Jiyeon? I was your boyfriend and I supposed to protect you. But I failed. Sometimes, I wonder why does god let me alive when you’re already gone.”

Jiyeon flashed a warm smile, “Because you deserved a second chance, oppa.”

Joon wiped his tears roughly and forced a weak smile, “Are you a ghost, Jiyeon?”

She nodded lightly with the same assuring smile she always wore. Joon tilted his head and Jiyeon let out a small laugh. She forgot how cute he was.

“Then, why aren’t you looking like one?” He asked again, eyeing her head to toe.

“What? Do you prefer me looking like this?” Jiyeon face’s suddenly changed. Her hair grew longer and her eyes was flowing blood tears. She had wounded all over her face with her crocked lips formed a terrifying smile.

“ARGHHHH! A GHOST!” Joon nearly jumped out of his skin as he saw her face. He again hid under his blanket while she was laughing at his antsy.

“Gullible as ever, huh, oppa?” Jiyeon’s state was back to normal.

“That is not funny at all, okay?” Joon got out of his bed and tried to defend himself for being a scared mouse.

“Okay, I’m sorry, I won’t do it again.” Jiyeon took a deep breath and gaze at his eyes. “Oppa, you need to go to school.”

 

--------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo walked down the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter