Preparations for a certain party!

|| Sunlight shenanigans || A special story!

It was a few weeks into September 2018. Sole was busy doing their first unit promotions, Adora and Necalli were also busy, and Paragon and DM20 were in early stages of preparation. But at that day, all of the managers and staff came with an announcement. An invitation. Cheonsu had come up with something crazy again.

"I really hope they will all be able to come... But I know that they're busy now," Cheonsu had high hopes for his event, but Taesung, who was helping him with some paperwork, was pessimistic. "They're all busy, I don't know if all of them have the time, Cheonsu, so don't have too much hope to see all the kids together," the coordinator sighed while arranging a pile of papers neatly. "I know..." Cheonsu sighed, stopping for a moment, "But this might be the last time i get to see all the kids together at one place..." Taesung hummed in agreement and went on with their work.

Byungho was busy throwing colorful papers around the whole company when Adora returned from a schedule. The first one to notice the flyers on the ground were the oldest ones. "What's this?" Blanche picked one up immediately, studying the little paper that was colored black and orange. Heeji had different thoughts on her mind, "Who's gonna clean this all up, Byungho? You?" she called out to the staff's youngest, who hurriedly hid himself away from the girls. "It seems like an invitation..." Eunyoung had picked one up as well and was busy reading it out loud for the others.

"Sunlight entertainment's first halloween party..." she read as squeals already started to spread through the group.

"It's at halloween in a big venue nearby... I know where it is. There will be free food and drinks, and you have to come in a costume! Cool," Adora's oldest continued coolly, while the others couldn't contain their excitement anymore.

"The person with the best costume wins a reward. You're allowed to bring family along, but they have to be in costume too," Blanche continued reading, showing way more excitement than the other member, but at the last sentence, her excitement turned into disgust.

"Be there, or be square..." she read out. A sigh went through the group. "That's such a CEO Lim thing to say, isn't it?" Karleen shook her head. "Agreed..." Katsumi gave her a nod. Others were facepalming, Shinji was about to slam her head against a wall.

"Anyway!" the leader of the pack, Heeji, turned around to face her chickies, "We should all try to come up with a great costume! I believe that the winner of the costume award is one of us, the queens, Adora!" Her motivational speech got happy cheers from the 12 other girls, and some of them already started to brainstorm for ideas and if they should come solo or have a group costume.

 

A few days later

A dark room, with a few candles lit up in the middle. It was one of the smaller training rooms, locked so no outsiders could get in. One of the people in the room lit up their phone, making it show their faces in a creepy way. "God dammit Megu that scared me!" Hansung whined after jumping on the one next to him. Kaz was the victim of this, and was groaning under Hansung's weight. "I'm dying Hansung- You should stop eating so much candy-" the Necalli member pushed the other off him, who started whining again.

"I don't eat too much candy! I'm healthy!" Hansung defended himself. "Allright, kiddos, calm down..." Masumi tried to stop the two bickering boys, "I think Megumi has some important business to tell us..." Kyujin nodded in agreement before lighting up his face as well. Kaz was the one who flinched this time.

"Yes, Masumi... This is very important..." Megumi spoke with an eery tone to her voice as she was about to tell a ghost story. "I have gathered you all for this very special occasion..."

"Let me guess," Kazuki interrupted, "You want to decide on what costumes we're going to wear to the halloween party?" A loud gasp was heard from Megumi, who reacted way too dramatically. "Oh! Kazuki! How dare you! How dare you interrupt me and ruin this ritual!" the girl complained, leaning towards Kazuki to hit him on his arm. "Now the demons won't give us good ideas!"

"What are you on, Megumi..." Kyujin sighed, it was one of the girl's crazy ideas again, he had enough of that stuff already. "We were going to summon ideas with this circle and candles! It was a great plan!" Megumi explained, still unhappy that her groupmate broke the 'ritual'. "You know..." Masumi also had enough, "We can just like... come up with ideas by ourselves? I in fact have a good one," the girl sighed again.

"Yeah! Tell us the idea! Is it a group costume?" Hansung got excited, leaning closer to Masumi to see her face properly. When the girl smiled at him, Hansung started to whine yet again. "Come on, Masu! Spill the tea!"

"We're going to be Frozen," Masu smirks as if it was decided already. "You mean like... frozen solid? Isn't that cold?" Kyujin wondered, but he got a slap from the overly excited Hansung. "Are you serious, Kyu? No! We're going to be characters from Frozen, you dummy!" the other complained. Kyujin gasped before nodding, finally understanding what Masu meant. Sometimes, that kid didn't catch on as fast as the others.

"I thought me and Megu could be Anna and Elsa because they're sisters!" Masumi explained, proud that the rest was so enthusiastic about it. Well, except Kazuki, of course, but he was never enthusiastic. "But who will be Anna, and who will be Elsa then?" Megumi wondered, rubbing her imaginary beard while thinking.

"Megumi has to be Elsa!" Hansung exclaimed.

"Why? Megumi would fit Anna more... She's the wild one of the two," Kazuki disagreed, but he got shushed soon enough. "Masumi will be Anna, and you will be Kristoff! It's decided already!" Hansung covered Kazuki's mouth, because he started to complain as fast as he understood what was going on. Hansung was setting them up again. Masumi didn't think about that, and even in the darkness with only the light of candles and cell phone screens, the blush on her face was visible.

"That's a great idea!" Kyujin nodded, grinning from excitement. "No... that's a GENIUS idea!!" Megumi yelled, jumping up and pointing at Hansung. "Hansung! You'll be olaf since you're so small and cute!" the girl took charge again, deciding costumes for the others. Hansung agreed, nodding his head excitedly. "And you, Kyujin! You'll be... uhm... the reindeer dude! What was his name again?"

"Sven!" Hansung grinned. "That's good! I will be the cutest of the bunch then," Kyujin smirked, running his fingers through his hair. "No!" Hansung disagreed, "That would be me! It's always me!" But Kyujin didn't take that, oh no. "Bull! I'm always the cutest!" he fired back, and the two kids started bickering. Kazuki glanced over at Masumi, and both of them smiled gently, but still in a shy way, before both looking at Megumi, who was deep in thoughts.

"We're missing something..."

"What are we missing, sis?" Masumi wondered, tilting her head gently. "Hold on... let me think..." her sister was still deep in her thoughts, trying to find what they were missing, until she knew what it was, and jumped up again.

"I know what we're missing!" Megumi yelled, obviously way into it. The two bickering boys flinched and looked at the small girl with two pairs of wide puppy eyes.

"We're missing a Hans!" the girl said, feeling like she had just solved the world's most difficult problem.

"Hans? Who would be willing to be Hans?" Kazuki wondered. Hans was the villain, an that wasn't generally liked. "Who said that he has to be willing to be Hans...?" Megumi smirked at her groupmate, who got even more curious.

"You mean that we'll be forcing someone to be our Hans?" Kyujin thought it was an exciting thing, and he let go of Hansung's shirt that he was holding from the small fight before. Megumi nodded, and sat down again, extremely slowly, to add to the dramatic effect.

"We will be forcing someone, and he has to be someone that I would love to attack all day, since I'm Elsa..." Megumi schemed. All of them started thinking of a possible Hans. A few names dropped, but none of them was really that good. Until Kazuki suddenly started grinning. Kazuki? Grinning? Out of nowhere? What was happening? "Do you have an idea, Kaz?" Hansung blinked.

"Daehwan," Kazuki replied, smirking, and the whole group followed his example as their lips curled into smirks as well. "It will be hard to make him put on that costume, but it will all be worth it... We can attack that munchkin all evening without any problem!" Kyujin chuckled.

"I guess that this concludes our important meeting for today... We did some good work, guys!" Megumi got all serious again for no reason. "You mean that Masumi did some good work? She had the idea," Hansung poked fun at her, resulting from a whine from his buddy.

 

Somewhere else in the building

"If you're not going to be a dragon, I'm going to be mad," a boy complained. It was the Sole project who was taking a break in their training room, joined by Kevin and the other revealed member. They were trying to persuade the stubborn Dohun to dress as a dragon for the party. "You literally want your stagename to be Drago in the future! You HAVE to be a dragon!" maknae Daehyun explained for the nth time.

"Okay, fine... I'll be a dragon... But I want to be a cool one!" Dohun finally obliged, recieving cheers from the youngest members. "No, I want it to be a onesie!" Sora grinned, raising his hand in the air. "That's just lame, Sora," the older sighed, refusing his offer.

"I feel like Dohun can decide that himself, i'm already happy we got him to dress up as dragon," the leader of the boys, Ashton smiled, statisfied with their achievement. "We should think of costumes for the others, first."

"I have an idea for Jiseon-hyung!" Likun raised his hand in the air like he was in class, and the oldest, Jiseon, looked at him with a confused expression.

"He should be the sun!" the chinese boy explained proudly. "The sun...?" Junxian didn't understand at first, and tilted his head. Likun was about to explain when Houl interrupted. "I think I understand why!" he exclaimed happily.

"We're part of the Sole project, which means sun, and Jiseon-hyung also has sun in his name! Didn't you want it to be your stagename too, hyung?" the boy explained instead of the one who came with the original idea. Jiseon understood, and he nodded as a bright smile developed on his face.

"There it is! The actual sun!" Kevin pointed as he'd seen something really surprising, "That costume is ideal for him!" Some of the members laughed at his overly dramatic and sudden reaction.

"Do we maybe have any other ideas for other members?" Heejung disrupted the ruckus with his low voice, looking around for other boys who had ideas.

"Since we're going with stagenames... How about you be the dude from the shining?" Jineul grinned, excited by the idea. "You mean the dude who goes 'Heeeeere's JOHNNY??'" Sora yelled the last words out way too loudly, making Kevin next to him flinch and hit him from anger.

"Duhh," Daehyun rolled his eyes, "Who else would he be? the mom?" The maknae showed his sassy side.

"That sounds good, actually!" Heejung surprisingly agreed, "As long as you guys don't give me a real axe..." The rapper chuckled gently. "Ayy, we don't want you to go out there and kill people, of course not!" Nikolai grinned, nudging the dude next to him.

The Sole boys tried to come up with more costumes, but they soon ran out of inspiration and gave up for the day, going back to training.

 

A week later in the staff room

"Good morning, ladies!" Layla sang as she entered the room, dropping her bag on the ground before sitting down on one of the chairs of the big table. Three other staff members had been waiting for her to come. It was the gathering of what they called 'the most beautiful staff member team' to decide on their group costume. Well, they have already decided who to be, but not which members of that group. The ladies were Hayley, Layla, Nara and Somin. Three fierce girls, and the shy Nara.

"Is there any clues on the other staff members? I want to know if we will be able to outclass them," Hayley leaned back on her chair, "Especially that prick of a Lee Hyuk." It made the other girls snicker. Hayley always wanted to beat Hyuk, because he was such a young and silly kid who always got on her nerves. it's childish, but hilarious.

"No news about Hyuk, sadly. We do know that Gaeul and Dongha have come up with something together and are looking for others to complete their group," Somin shared her report, rubbing over her belly gently. It wasn't visible yet, but the girls in this room already knew.

Nara also wanted to share her report. "I heard that Jeonghan will be taking the cats to match with him," the girl smiled gently. Layla spat out her coffee. "Are you serious? You mean like he's going to be taking Valentina and Toby to the party?" the producer asked in disbelief, Nara started to grin and nodded. It sounded silly, but Jeonghan was more of a cat person than a people person. "That sounds so like Jeonghan, seriously. It's so silly that it's endearing," Hayley chuckled. "Seems like we're going to win this one. Will Cheonsu and Sohee come in costume?"

"I think CEO Lim has found a costume, yes, and I think Sohee will be a disney princess?" Somin reported again, having the most knowledge about the other staff members. "Awww I bet Sohee will look adorable!" Nara squeaked.

"It will be harder for us to win if a cute little girl like Sohee is participating, though... Any news about the idols?" Layla looked at her three 'teammates'. They all shook their heads.

"My boys don't seem to really have much inspiration, I haven't seen them do anything yet... Or they're hiding it very well," Somin explained, taking a sip of her morning coffee, decaffeinated, of course.

"Maybe we should try find some hints with Donghyuk? He easily spills the tea when he's being seduced by pretty ladies. We've seen Adora do that, so we could do it too," Hayley smirked, striking a fabulous pose to show off how pretty she was and what she was capable of.

"Oh man, we're so good..." Layla smirked as well. They all got disrupted when the door opened. Boyeon, the hairstylist, entered the room to pick up some papers she forgot. "My apologies for interrupting, ladies... I didn't know you were in a meeting," the oldest smiled at the other girls as she was already ready to leave again.

"Do you have a costume already, noona?" Nara shamelessly asked the older, who gave them a triumphant smirk. "Yes, my dear, and I'm definitely going to win..." Boyeon spoke, and she was gone in a flash, leaving the four other ladies shook. There was a moment of silence as they all stared at the door.

"Let's not think about the competition and get to the main point-" Layla, obviously shaken by the competition resumed the meeting.

"Yeah, let's decide who'll be which member," Somin nodded, "Who'd look the best with bangs?"

"I think Nara should be Jennie, because she's the rap instructor after all!" Hayley suggested, and it made Nara smile happily.

"If we're going like that, then Hayley has to be Lisa, because she's the best dancer!" Layla continued, hopping on the concept. "Hey, maybe we could even ask CEO Lim to perform! We might be staff, but we would be able to show ourselves!" she continued, getting way more ambitious than the original idea.

"But do we have a good singer? I can sing for a bit so I could be Jisoo, but are you good enough to handle Rosé's lines?" Somin looked at the producer, who nodded confidently. "I can do it! You guys might not know it, but I know how to sing quite well!" Layla was confident in her own skills and nodded.

"That's settled then! Sunlight now has their very own blackpink!" Nara cheered excitedly. "Let's go win that , ladies!" Hayley agreed, adding a bit more spice to it like she always does.

The next weeks, Sunlight would be busy preparing for the halloween party. Some were very open about their costumes, others were very secretive, but everyone was more than ready to have their first party with everyone of the company.