Recovery Day #1: I'm Here

If we're old and still single, let's marry each other, deal?

a/n: I gotta tell you all I was listening to some old classic tunes and searched for "I want you back" by Jackson 5 and discovered Twice was doing a cover?! LIKE. YES. WHAT. ONE OF MY FAV SONGS AND GROUPS. BOOM. WHAT A GOOD DAY TO BE ALIVE.

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY

PLEASE ENJOY PLEASE ENJOY PLEASE ENJOY PLEASE ENJOY.

Also part of the reason on why I'm late is I left for my big bro's highschool graduation and stayed for the weekend and two days at my grandma's apartment which was within the campus. He's at a boarding school on a diff island because the Philippines is an unconnected puzzle of islands that are so distant like plane here, plane there, boat here boat there- anyway, then when we got back, I had to go to first aid&rescue/response training camp which I've been attending for 4/5 years now. But I've been learning since I was 11. Woah achievement. Also, I've been lazy, so that answers the long period of nothing.

Fire safety simulation was awesome, we got to hold hoses and everything. It was fun except for the crawling in crude oil with a fire lit in the middle of the room. It was HELLA hot. Even with clothes on everywhere. Do you know how hard it is to wash off- I'm ranting, aren't I? Anyway, rappeling gets more fun each year. It's like they keep adding floors! First two floors, then three the next year, then a bridge, and now four. Welp-

-ALSO SORRY FOR BEING SOOOOOO LATE AND STILL BRINGING LOW QUALITY CHAPS> SORRY. ENJOY?

HYPED FOR THAT COVER.

Again, Sorry. Apologies. It took WAY too long.

~Khazumi


"Hyun... Hyunnie..."

Dahyun barely registered the near-unintelligible, mumbled words as she had just woken up. She wondered if all that happened yesterday was a dream, and that she was still happy together with her b-boyfriend... but maybe it wasn't. Her body felt heavy, while her head was too light and her eyes could barely open. Despite these ty feelings though, she could not ignore the amazing warmth that encompassed her frame, holding her close. She smiled to herself. Sure, all the members hugged her, held her, cuddled even. Sana most especially. 

But only one particular member held her in such a way that Dahyun could immediately identify it was her. Only one person held her like this.

"Chaeyoung..." She whispered, softer than the breeze on a shady spring afternoon. The said girl stirred, Dahyun still in her arms. Eyes slowly opened, trying to grasp her surroundings and what was going on. Once her vision focused on the one in her arms, she gave a lopsided grin.

"Dahyun." The Baby cub whispered back (the lack of honorifics certainly did things to Dahyun's state), leaning forward and causing Dahyun's heart to flutter as she brushed their noses against each other, so close Dahyun thought their lips could touch. The elder felt the arms around her waist tighten. Chaeyoung wasn't one to be clingy with her. (She'd never admit the slight pricks of unmistakable jealousy each time she'd see her bestfriend be okay with close proximities with any other member other than her. They were close, but never too close.) In fact, this type of closeness, each time Dahyun initiated it, sent the younger scurrying off in embarrassment and away from an embrace. Maybe she was just sleepy and out of it to realize her actions, but Dahyun liked it. She liked this.

Last night, after Chaeyoung had succeeded in calming her down, they had dinner with the unnies, then proceeded to binge watch corny films while making jokes and sarcastic remarks about them until Jihyo had to usher them to bed because of classes the following day. Dahyun told them to go ahead, that she'd just relax on the couch a few moments more, the others reluctant, but consented. Everyone bid each other goodnight, the clingier unnies leaving hugs and kisses while Mina left soft pats on her head and Tzuyu a quick side-hug and squeeze of the hand. It was great, but everyone now retreated to their rooms one by one, slowly leaving Dahyun alone again to her thoughts.

The atmosphere of the night had been a great distraction and healing, but even after all the laughs and fun, once the pleasant warmth waned from the lack of presences, Dahyun found herself being pulled back into a lonely illusion of dark.

A bubble in , and the next thing she knew, a sob escaped and she was leaning into the palms of her hands. All she could think of was 'how lonely, how sad. To be left behind.'. Even such small things like going into their rooms flicked reminding switches of negativity in Dahyun. And she was mad at herself for allowing such pathetic behaviour.

But when she thought she was left on her own, consolation embraced her, small but strong. It came in the form of Son Chaeyoung, the one who didn't leave her side since they got home.

"I'm still here." The words made her cry just a bit more, a bit out of happiness, and a bit out of something else. "I'm here, like I said. I'm here." Chaeyoung murmured into her hair as she clutched on tight to the shaking form of the heart-broken girl. "I'm here."

And that was how they ended up going to the room together and falling asleep on Dahyun's bed in each other's arms, soft smiles on their faces. It made Dahyun feel worlds lighter and safe, knowing that Chaeyoung was here. with her.

"Morning..." The raspy voice of the cub greeted, eyes still closing again in sleepiness as she pulled Dahyun into her closer, with a silly smile.

"Good morning to you too." Dahyun giggled, basking in the light of this rare moment as she buried her face into the crook of Chaeyoung's neck, cuddling against her more and planting a soft kiss against her collarbone.

And that was probably the wake up call.

Chaeyoung's eyes flew open as she jumped away from the touch and onto the hard floor, as if scalded. Dahyun sighed and rolled her eyes. Things were back to normal.

"Aaaaand... you ruined it." She deadpanned from her spot on the bed, as she scanned over Chaeyoung's heaving form, a hand over her heart as she composed herself. "And I was liking your cuddly self!!!" She pouted, trying to guilt-trip Chaeyoung.

"U-unnie?!" The cub looked like she had just done a triathlon, eyes wide and accusing of Dahyun. And she hadn't done anythingwrong, even. "A-are you... you feeling better?" Chaeyoung asked as she slowly calmed down, attempting to draw the attention away from what had just transpired.

It didn't work.

Dahyun stayed pouting at her, lips jutted out and sharp eyes glaring. She looked like a kitten.

Chaeyoung from her spot on the floor looked into Dahyun's eyes scanning for pain or tears.. or both, asking again. "Do you feel better this morning?" Nevermind the wild chaos in her being, Dahyun's wellness after her breakdown last night was a priority. Chaeyoung was half-surprised the older wasn't a crying bundle of white at the moment.

Still, Chaeyoung's concern wasn't what Dahyun needed at the moment.

"Chaeng... you don't love me?" Dahyun looked like she could cry, and Chaeyoung was left to wonder if it was real, or a tease. Unknown to her, Dahyun half-meant the question. She always felt a little hurt each time Chaeyoung rejected hugs that seemed more than friendly from her, she'd react negatively to Dahyun's little flirtings, and she'd never fail to bring reminders such as- "I'm glad you're my bestfriend. Let's stay friends forever.". Little discouragements that made Dahyun ponder if Chaeyoung never once thought in her life that the two could share something. If she never imagined the possibility.

Dahyun knew she herself had. There were times when she was alone and thinking. She was aware of her mind wandering to Chaeyoung, to that mole under her lip. She allowed her thoughts to go to her. She remembered a fair share of her break-up aftermaths that almost always went to: "What if it were Chaeyoung instead? Would she hurt me? Or would she be different?", and then surprising sweet gestures would make her heart flutter and hope a little bit.

Then a day later, Chaeyoung would come home to the dorm and introduce her girlfriend over dinner, crushing those hopes and reminding Dahyun that they were friends. The best of friends. Nothing less, but certainly nothing more. And Dahyun would find someone else and fall in love whole-heartedly, setting imaginary feelings for Chaeyoung aside and loving sincerely. But the cycle would always reset: Break-up, crying, comfort, pining, find someone else because Chaeyoung was NEVER and probably would continue to never be available for her to have.

She thought so, at least.

Never would she expect that it would be different this time around.

"Dahyun-unnie- that's, that's... that's not it, of course I l-li- Love, LIke you." Chaeyoung stammered out, getting up from the floor and ignoring the pain on her rump as she reached out a hand, only to be swatted away by a glaring Dahyun who was only actually vulnerable inside. "Unnie..." She tried.

"I'm gonna go have my bath." Dahyun turned to the clock on their shared bedside table. It was five-past-six in the morning and only then did she realize that Tzuyu was not in the room anymore, probably already getting ready for breakfast and school at eight. They had the same class that time, on this day.

"Unnie..." Chaeyoung was confused, but she didn't know what to do. She had only reacted in such a way because she could never get used to Dahyun's skinship with her, plus, with her massively ever-growing feelings, she was afraid she would inconvenience a Dahyun who was still fresh with wounds by spillng something better off kept to herself because Chaeyoung doubted she could keep her love at bay.

Dahyun didn't answer as she gathered her toiletries and went for the door. She thought she was used to this by now. Why was she so irritable? Maybe the confusion of her feelings and her mental state of brokenness combined. Right. Broken. Break-up. Why was Dahyun thinking about love and Chaeyoung when she was fresh from a break-up with someone she loved? With someone who actually returned that love. Maybe. Dahyun didn't know what was what anymore, nor did she seem to want to right now. But... love, mutual love. It sent her thinking. Has she ever had someone who did love her? Or were her countless break-ups really... some sign. A sign that she just wasn't loveable. 

The reminder sent an immediate tidal wave rippling through her as an unexpected sob escaped her lips by accident. She covered in shock, whimpers pathetically surpressed as she gripped the knob and twisted. Why was she suddenly crying? How could she be so weak? Her anxiety killed her.

Arms wrapped around her waist once more.

"Hyunnie. Don't cry. It hurts me." Sweet uttering into her ear soothed her so little. Her petite frame shook continually.

"He... he left me..." Suddenly feelings and memories flooded her fragile, insecure mind. "He... they... Chaeng... they always leave." She sobbed, falling to her knees, hugging her towel and clothes and a bottle of conditioner. "Always."

For a second, Chaeyoung felt like it was her who got her heart broken yesterday. In a sense, it was true. It broke when she saw Dahyun slumped against a sliding door with immobile legs as she cried out voicelessly for someone to help her. For Chaeyoung to help her, to get her out of the room that reminded her of heart aches and lies. The memory would be one of the worst vivid memories in her life.

On the floor, Chaeyoung cradled Dahyun to her chest, recalling a similar situation less than twenty-four hours prior.


Chaeyoung was beginning to worry. Dahyun was supposed to meet up with her after their final classes that ended at four, before heading for the council room for the rendezvous with their other friends. But an hour and a half had gone by and there was still no sign of the older girl. Her brows furrowed as her sneakers squeaked down the halls of the floor where Dahyun's class was supposedly located.

There were a few indiscernable mumblings of other classes ongoing, but a tiny distinct sound of a sob caught her ears as Chaeyoung followed after it. Be it her sense of justice or simple curiousity, Chaeyoung found herself facing the door of an unused classroom. One that exuded airs of foreboding behind it. The tiny sobs she had heard earlier were now dry whimpers- calls of a name, of someone. She was trying to make it out, not wanting to just burst in without a clue of what was going on behind that door.

Then she heard it.

The soft rasp of an unmistakable voice.

"Help me... Someone... anyone... save me...Chaeyoung... Please... help m..e..."

Dahyun. It was Dahyun behind closed doors.

And that was all the reason Chaeyoung needed to slide the door quick as she could, catching a Dahyun that would've fallen out and onto the floor as she was leaned against the hard wood and on the dirty floor on which her feelings had been stamped upon. Chaeyoung could cry. Dahyun looked so fragi- scratch that, she was well past the point of being broken, ragged breaths exiting as airy murmurs from a drying throat continued to call out.

"Chaeyoung... Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung... Chae-Chaey-ou...ng... hi-"

"Shhh... Shhhh.. I'm here. I'm here now. I'm here." Chaeyoung drew her close to her chest, ever closer as she squeezed tight, feeling her shirt soak at a rapid pace but disregarding it in favor of taking care of Dahyun. "I'm here. I'm here." She repeated. "I'm here."

I'm here. It was all she could say. It was all she could think of to say.

And to Dahyun, it was enough.


Dahyun tried to open her eyes as she showered, though that proved to be difficult as her eyes stung, whether from her flowery-scented shampoo or from all the crying she had done for well over half an hour. 

After breaking down into her younger friend's embrace, Dahyun succumbed to a numbness that little by little calmed her until she wasn't crying. just breathing half-conciously into Chaeyoung's neck. They stayed like that for a bit until Tzuyu came into the room, wondering why her unnies weren't out. Once she saw the state the eldest of the maknaes was in, a decision was made that their tofu friend would stay home, if only to "recover" and get back on her feet. Everyone believed Dahyun was strong. She could do it. She just needed rest.

So here Dahyun was: under the harsh flow of a hot shower, trying to burn all her feelings away. She had no clue as to how long she had been in there, and she found she didn't care anymore. The scalding temperature soon became near unbearable, but the pale-skinned girl didn't want to leave the comfort and carress of the water, so she instead turned it to a cool temperature. Maybe too cold, enough to numb her pained senses. And she would continue to stand there despite the drastic temperature change, not thinking of getting out any time soon.

She did not know how bad of an idea it was.


Her skin burned, but it was cold, oh so cold. Her flaming body felt as cold as the winter storms on the worst days and it was far too heavy to move.

Rushed tapping of steps against wooden floorboards were followed by the swinging of the door. 

They were telling her something. but what? She struggled to reign in all her senses, the deafness of her ears not helping at all, too slowly opening up to sounds.

"...-Hyun! Dahyunnie?!" Blinking, She could barely make out the outline of a figure and a high-pitched shriek before another joined it, together they carried her out before her conciousness was lost again.


Her eyelids lazily uncovered tired pupils that soon surveyed the room she was in. Her body felt warm and coated thickly under a mass of sheets, but her forehead felt a relaxing cool in contrast to the rest of her body.

"Where am I-"

"You idiot!" 

Dahyun visibly flinched at the volume, being cut off with a scolding. Her weary eyes turned to the side where she spotted angry light brown eyes staring her down, a frown on her pretty face.

"Dahyun-chan, you idiot!"

"S-Sana-chan?"

"Don't you Sana-chan me, young lady! What in the world were you thinking?!" Sana angrily barked. "How long were you even in that shower?! The room was freezing when I got in. You are very, and I mean very lucky that Nayeon-unnie and I got out from school early. Who knows how long you've been in there?" She pinched Dahyun's cheeks harshly as punishment.

"What time is it?" Dahyun asked, wanting to know the answer as well to how long she had been under the flow of the cold water.

"A little bit past three in the afternoon. Nayeonnie and I had no afternoon classes so we got home around noon."

"Noon..." Dahyun echoed, trying to whisper to herself. "and I was there since... six or seven?"

Unfortunately for her, Sana heard.

"WHAT?!" And thus another string of scolding messages began.

Once Sana had exhausted her reserve of reprimands towards Dahyun, she calmed herself with a breath before hugging the poor girl. Dahyun returned the hug, snuggling deeply into her favorite Unnie, enjoying her protection and care.

"I'm sorry, but you worry us too much, Dahyun-ah." She spoke as she patted soft hair, Dahyun only shook her head, delivering the message that Sana wasn't at fault. "Get well soon okay? I'll go make something easy for you to eat. Think you can?" Sana looked at her tenderly, the way she always would for years now since they became close.

"I'll try to eat." Dahyun gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"Attagirl. I'll be back. DON'T. MOVE." Sana commanded with a glare that only made Dahyun laugh.

"Don't move? But what  if I need to pee? Or sit up and drink water? Or get comfy?" She teased the older girl who responded with an eyeroll.

"You know what I mean."

"I know." She conceded, nodding as she made herself comfortable on her pillows.

"For someone sick, you sure are playful." Sana commented offhandedly.

"You do that to me sometimes, make me playful." The monolidded girl shot a charming wink Sana's way that made the older girl giggle. "The Sana-chan Effect."

"Nice try, Kim Dahyun. Your charms are futile against me." Now, is what Sana meant, but Dahyun didn't need to know things from back then. Past is past after all. "Sleep some more. I'll be back, okay?"

Dahyun only hummed in reply, succumbing into the deep embrace of the overly comfy bed.

Once Sana was sure the girl was settled in, she reached for the door to leave, only to be stopped by Dahyun's call.

"Sana-Unnie?"

"You need something sweetie?" Sana watched a large silly grin spread out on reddened tofu-like cheeks, Dahyun's pupils disappearing behind fine lines.

"I love you, Sana-chan. Aieiru~"

There was a pause in the air, before Sana's lips broke out into a tender, yet unreadable smile.

"Watashi mo, aieimasu yo, Dahyun-chan."


"Chae! Chae! Stop speedwalking damnit!"

"Use your long- legs Chewy, we're gonna be late for our next class. I don't have giant steps for long distance like you."

"Our next class is still in forty minutes and it's only on the floor below us! What's your rush? And since when did you throw kinda harsh words at me?" Tzuyu retorted, struggling with her book bag that was half-open due to not being able to return her class material properly because someone was bolting out the door the second the bell rang, without a second glance towards her best friend. "You've been rushing the whole day!" She complained, fingers fumbling with the zipper in order to close her bag.

"Tzuyu." Chaeyoung finally stopped walking. To both their misfortune, the abrupt halt brought the giant Maknae straight into Chaeyoung's backpack, her weight pushing them both forward. And to worsen that luck, they happened to be turning a corner, the imbalance sending them both into the wall.

Tzuyu hissed as her arm slammed into the hard cement, stringing curses under her breath, soft enough not to be heard by any disciplinary officials. Just in case, to be safe, y'know? With Tzuyu being a clean-record, wanting to be invisible (ha. With her looks, really?) student who wanted a peaceful school life.

Chaeyoung was still stuck to the wall, muffled groans coming from her smaller frame.

"Don't stop so suddenly!" The taller compained, shoving Chaeyoung a bit, accidentally sending her back into the wall. "Oops, sorry." She apologized, realizing her ,mistake.

"Ouch, fudgy bars on icecream, that hurt. Sorry, I was gonna tell you something."

"You could have told me while we stayed walking- and at a relatively slower pace, if you were to be so kind." Tzuyu replied, still rubbing her hurt shoulder to soothe the pain. She was better off than Chaeyoung at least, who decided to smooch the white walls, leaving it a mark of her love and adoration for the school.

"Sorry."

"I'm sorry too. Didn't mean to ruin your face. Not that there was much to ruin." Tzuyu snickered, to lighten the mood.

"Well, Sorry I'm not a walking, talking goddess like you." Chaeyoung spat back, though she couldn't surpress the smile forming on her pouty lips. "C'mere." She tried to give the taller girl a noogie.

"Hey, that was for the rude comment earlier. Payback, dude." Tzuyu struggled to release herself from the roughing up. "Yah, my hair!"

Chaeyoung eventually relented, both girls tidying up their less than pleasant appearances. (Really, they looked like they got beat up. Dahyun would probably screech and ask who the perpetrator is so she could give them a good (bad) gift back. She was protective like that.)

"So?" Tzuyu asked as they continued their walk, feet leading them to a courtyard out back, behind this particular building. A bench was situated conveniently under a tree and the two wasted no time taking a seat.

"So?" Chaeyoung asked, clueless. Tzuyu flicked her forehead, garnering a tiny yelp from the cub.

"What were you going to tell me, dork."

"Oh."

"Oh." Tzuyu mocked. "Hurry! You're the one who's so time concious here! Spill!"

When Chaeyoung didn't answer, gaze shaky and wavering, with clothes all bundled up in her fists- that was when the light bulbs went off and Tzuyu understood.

"Oh."

"Oh- is pretty right." Chaeyoung chuckled at the reaction.

"What happened with Dahyun-unnie this time? So you're distracting yourself from her by running around, think that's gonna work? What's bothering you to this extent?Oh- Did you finally confess?"

"NO!"

"Woah, no need for violent responses, please." Tzuyu laughed nervously. "Okay, tell me."

"I just-" Chaeyoung found herself at a loss for words. "I feel like she's trying to tell me something."

"Something like?" Tzuyu tried probing.

"Like- like, oh I don't know... that she li- feels the same way I do? Wishful thinking, I know, but-"

"But, what, But yes, but no... what if it's not wishful thinking?" Tzuyu cut off, seeing where this was going. Well, she's always shipped her two same-aged (kinda) unnies together for the longest time, but only because she saw potential. There was no way the way they looked at each other was "friendly". Tzuyu sure as hell didn't look at them that way, eyes soft and filled with the romantic kinda love. "What if Dahyun-unnie actually is hinting that she likes you?" Tzuyu looked excited, too excited for Chaeyoung.

"No, just... that's not possible."

"And why not?" Tzuyu pressed, a frown now growing on her perfect lips, brow cocked up mightily in challenge.

"I don't know, okay Tzu?!" Chaeyoung growled in annoyance and immediately regretted it at the sight of Tzuyu's shock painted all over her face. "S-sorry."

"No, I'm sorry too."

"No, Tzu... I'm just... She has a type, I think? Tall? sweet, soft and handsome... a guy, Tzuyu-yah."

"Your... okay tall is just what you think because anyone that's not your and her height is considered tall, but-"

"OI."

"but! There's a but!"

"There better be."

"You're sweet, though you try to hide it with badass attempts." Tzuyu grinned.

"They aren't attempts! I am badass!"

"And you try to show your tough side all the time, but you are all to soft for her... and sometimes to our other friends." Chaeyoung grumbled incoherently under her breath, unable to deny that one. "And you are the most handsome person I've seen. Or I'm biased, but hey! When you did that real short cut," Tzuyu pretended to fan herself with her hand. "That was damn hot."

"Thanks for raising my self-esteem that tiniest bit, Tzu."

"Welcome."

"I was being sarc- you know what, whatever."

"And last, who ever told you she was exclusively straight?" Tzuyu threw at Chaeyoung who blinked, actually thinking about that. When the girls had come out to each other, Dahyun had never said anything, including about being straight. "She's bi, stupid."

"Well fu-"

"language."

"I was gonna say father told me to assume for safety, but whatever floats your boat."

"Yeah, right." Tzuyu giggled as she knocked against Chaeyoung's head lightly in a gesture of support and affection. "So?"

"So?"

"What's stopping you?"

Chaeyoung didn't need to play dumb anymore. She knew they both knew that she understood the implication behind those words. She tried to explain as honestly as she could her answer.

"I don't want to take advantage of her, Tzu. What if she's only feeling like this because of the break-up? Because she's still vulnerable?" She voiced out her inner thoughts. "I don't want that."

"Do you really think that?" Tzuyu replied with a frown. "You think she's gonna use you as a rebound?"

"I mean, Tzuyu, you've seen her broken and later... look, new boyfriend. Then it's a repetitive cycle."

"Well, have you ever tried waiting for her? I mean, isn't it too much of a coincidence that when she's available, you have a girl, and when she gets a boy you break up with your girlfriend and pine after her, but she's no longer available. And while she's alone and sad, or once she's coped, you already have someone hanging off your arm. Have you ever, ever thought that the only reason she dates someone else is because you've been dating other people first?" Tzuyu said all in one breath, more than just a little bit aware of the true feelings of her best friends but not wanting to be the one to reveal this complicated secret. They needed to settle this issue between themselves, after all. Having watched this scenario replay for years was really getting on her nerves and she could've spilled if not for her conscience.

"What- I... she... so what if I dated someone else, I never knew I was in love with her until-"

"Until?"

"Until I was too late." Chaeyoung grumbled, realizing just when this cycle had began. She buried her face in her palms, processing so many realizations at once made her head hurt.

"You aren't."

"Huh?" Raising her head to look at her friend who bore a soft expression, she waited.

"You aren't too late." Tzuyu hummed, standing up as she admired the clouds that drifted across the afternoon sky. "I mean. cheesy as it may sound, coming from me, don't you think Fate finally decided it's time to open up a window of chance for you two because you need to realize that you're meant for each other?" She whipped her head around to look deeply into Chaeyoung's eyes. "At least that's what I believe."

...

"Sana-unnie's really starting to rub off on you, huh? And I thought you hated Nayeon-unnie and her dramas."

"Yah! I'm being serious here!"

Chaeyoung suddenly closed the distance to hug Tzuyu. "Thanks. I'll wait this time and think about what you were saying."

"Mm. Good." 

"Ah, I feel better now!" Chaeyoung broke away from the hug to stretch. "I guess we should head to class now, huh?"

"Yeah, oh but Chaeng."

"Hmm?"

"I think we should get Dubu-unnie a gift on our way home, so she can feel better too!"

"Good ide-" In the middle of her reply, the bell interrupted with its unwelcomed ringing that made two pairs of eyes go wide. "Shi- RUN!"


"We're home!"

Familiar voices and shuffling around the house were what woke her up from her long nap. Blinking away her drowsiness, Dahyun saw a covered bowl, medicine and a glass of water on the table beside her with a note signed by Sana, decorated with a little heart and lipstick mark at the end that made her smile fondly. That girl and her antics.

"Here's your food and medicine. I didn't want to disturb your rest so call me when you wake up and the food's cold so I can reheat it in case. The kiss is magic so get well soon, Dubu-chan! 

-Sana-chan <3"

Dahyun decided to do just that, about to call for Sana when the door to the maknae's shared room swung open revealing two tiptoeing girls whose faces shifted from careful to shocked in point one seconds.

"Sana-unnie said you were sleeping, but she didn't say you were sick- what happened?!" Chaeyoung rushed to her side. Dahyun figured the cooling pad on her forehead was a dead giveaway to her state so she decided not to lie and simply kept mum.

"We left you broken hearted, not sick and brokenhearted." Tzuyu frowned from her spot by the door, walking towards the pair and kneeling like Chaeyoung was beside the eldest maknae's bed. "What the hell- we left when you were in the shower...." Trailing off, Tzuyu pinched the bridge of her nose in realization. "Are you trying to break your and Sana-unnie's record of longest baths or something? How long. Don't lie. I know you."

Dahyun sighed, knowing there was no use in lying. "Probably a quarter...."

"A quarter? of an hour? What?" Tzuyu pushed, wanting to get an answer.

"...ay" Dahyun replied too soft that the younger pair couldn't make out what she was saying, Tzuyu nudging her, urging her to up her volume. "...day.. quarter of a day..."

It was at this moment that Dahyun confirmed that Tzuyu and Sana were indeed soulmates.

"WHAT?!"


"So you guys are saying she was there for basically six hours, if not more?" Jihyo asked the others at the dinner table, shooting Dahyun a scolding glare, making the sick girl shrink in her seat.

"Yep." Sana said, popping the 'p', already over the incident. 

Dahyun was not happy with all the loud 'what's thrown her way from Sana, Nayeon, Tzuyu and even Jeongyeon and Jihyo. So what if she stayed in the freezing cold for six hour- scratch that, she probably would've screamed at herself too if she were more sane than she was at the moment.

"Dahyun-ah, I get your sad and all that, but really, you should know we all worry. What if Nayeon and Sana hadn't come home when they did, what would you have done? I get that it hurts, but is self harm going to make things better? No. I know you know this, but then why-"

"Jihyo."

The leader of the group stopped her long rant after Jeongyeon lay a hand on her shoulder. They all turned to the tiny ball wrapped in fluffy blankets that was now visibly shaking, muted whimpers now audible because of the quiet. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I know you're all just worried... I'm sorry..." Her squeaky voice broke their hearts more than they thought it could.

Jihyo sighed as she got up from her seat to hug the baby tofu. "I'm sorry too. I know that you're really sensitive right now and you probably got a lot of scolding already. Sorry for just now realizing that."

"I-it's not your f-fault, Jihyo-unnie." The older girl didn't reply, opting to gently the crying girl's hair instead.

"Oh, right!" Tzuyu decided it was a good time to break the heavy atmosphere by revealing their present. "Dahyun-unnie, Chaeng and I bought you a something! A secret weapon! For fighting bad feelings."

"Pfft- you sound like a kid if you put it that way, Tzu."

"Shut it. At least I don't look like one, unlike you."

"Yah!"

At the sound of her name, Dahyun looked up, finding her two younger friends kneeling in front of her chair, a little pink and red book with a lock and the key presented to her.

"It's a diary. Don't you think being able to let out all your feelings on this paper when you can't say them is better than bottling it all up?"

"Ooohhh, nice idea! I used to keep one too, before. It really helped when I got in a slump or depressed because of dancing or school." Momo perked up, throwing a thumbs up at the two. "Good job, ChaeTzu."

Dahyun couldn't hear the rest of the comments of the older girls after that, her eyes trained on Chaeyoung's smiling face, gentle eyes that stared right back at her, and the one warm hand that held hers tightly in consolation as the other presented the diary.

"I hope you feel better soon, Hyunnie." And though it was spoken in a whisper softer than all the talking of the rest of the group, somehow, Chaeyoung's voice was the only thing Dahyun heard in that small space in time.

"Thank you."

"Anything for you."

Again, anything for you.


Dahyun's Entry number one: xx/xx/20xx

Dear Diary,

Wait- isn't that a bit too embarassing? Diary? Journal? The girls told me to keep it as a "diary" so I guess "Dear Diary" is fitting.

Hmm.. I've never really kept a diary before so I don't know what to do. Momo-unnie told me to just write what I feel, anything randomly. But how since I don't even know how I'm feeling... I think. I'm so confused. Well, I guess what I do know is that I'm thankful to all the girls. They scolded me because they were sad and worried for me and I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to be with. 

I really love my little babies, they are so kind to this pabo Unnie, even buying me this in concern. They are more responsible than me sometimes. Really, it hurts my unnie pride, hehe.

I'm really thankful to Sana-unnie who always cares for me in that loving way of hers. From head to even the tips of my toenails. She's beautiful when she's like this. Her heart is so big and I love her lots.

Jihyo-unnie, Jeongyeon-unnie and Nayeon-unnie who feel so motherly, I love them too.

Momo-unnie is really funny, and childish sometimes, but when her Unnie instincts kick in, I'm left amazed at her responsibility and care. She's really dependable, especially for all the younger ones. Even Sana-unnie and Mina-unnie act like kids with her sometimes.

Mina-unnie and her subtle love, I appreciate her in so many ways from how she cooks everyone breakfast in the early morning to buying us pizza when we're broke.

I love these two japanese unnies.

I love them all.

And most of all, for the one who fills my heart and has always been beside me for as long as I can remember...

I love Chae-

 

"Oh? Writing in it already?"

Dahyun slammed her book shut, the lamp beside her flickering as she looked in shock at Chaeyoung who was drying her hair, having just retutrned from the bath.

"A-ah, yeah... ahahaha... yeah, I thought... why not start now, right?" Dahyun's eyes alternated between the cover and Chaeyoung, unable to keep her gaze for long, suddenly very shy.

"That's good." Chaeyoung smiled as she leaned forward, shocking Dahyun with her action as she kissed the top of her head. "It's a start to getting better, yes?"

"Y-y-yeah-!"

Chaeyoung chuckled. "Good night, Hyun."

"G-goo..d... night..."

Dahyun sighed as she concluded her journal entry, shutting of the lamp and settling herself under the covers. She allowed herself to drift into dreamland.

"I love you."

She choked, hearing the soft whisper. Her eyes were wide as she wondered whether or not she was hearing things. Nevertheless, she decided to respond in her own soft tone.

"I love you more."

More. Not too. Because god knows Dahyun loved Chaeyoung more than just a friend and there was no denying it anymore. The only question was if the younger girl felt the same as well.

There was a reply, near inaudible, but Dahyun swore it was there and it made her heart leap into , drumming a speeding tune.

"I love you the most, though."

She could already hear the angel chorus singing for her death.

Yep, her diary conclusion was spot on.

 

"I love Chaeyoung who makes my heart flutter ever since we were in middle school, who scolded me for tripping, but carried me the rest of the way and gave me chocolate cupcakes while she had my bruises checked. I love her and I might always be too late, but hopefully I can try not to be this time.

Chaeyoung-ah, please wait for me and don't go loving someone else.

WElp, diary, that was too embarassing DX but... the truth is embarrassing sometimes.

Anyway, this was Dj Dubu playing her song: Healing, lol. Signing off. 

The kids were right. I feel so much better after writing.

This was me, and I guess this is how my day goes...

Recovery day number one...

Catchy, ey?

Really... Recovery Day Number One.

-Dahyun"

 


A/N: I UPDATED. YES. YAY ME AND MY LAZY . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ENJOY AND FEEDBACK! I'm gonna keep this diary entry corner per chap. I literally thought of it as I was writing along. Winging it! Yeah! But, please tell me how you liked it, feedback is much appreciated, see you guys next chap!

~Khazumi