11:11

Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***

Location: The Coffee House Grand Opening

 

I watched as my manager tried to handle an angry customer. He had a rather annoyed look on his face as he tried to calm down the man. A few minutes later the argument seemed to be resolved. I saw my manager walk towards me, “what’s up with you today? That’s the first angry customer we’ve had.” I gulped as I recalled what had happened.

 

The customer had ordered a tall nonfat soy latte with 2% fat and I just couldn’t make the order properly. I looked back up to my manager as he sighed and just dismissed me. Why was I being like this today? I slowly walked back to the counter as I watched another customer leave the cafe. I looked down at my watch.

 

Time: 11:11 am

 

They say that seeing 11:11 means that angels are close by. That there are ascended masters watching over us and telling us that we are a divine aspect of the universe. They also say that it is the best time to make a wish. That whatever you had wished for would be granted. I guess us humans are weird like that. We try to make things true, we dream, we hope and we wish.


But, I must be stranger, because even though I do not believe in such things, I still let myself fall into the trap. I still wish for miracles. I still hope for something life changing. I hold on to that little glimmer of hope that maybe this saying is true and so I shut my eyes tight and I wish for something life changing to bust through the door. As I wish, I can hear confetti shooting out of their cannons. I hear screams and laughs. I open my eyes slowly and wait for the door to burst open and something life changing to walk in. I wait for  my wish to come true.

 

But it doesn’t.


I chuckle darkly to myself. What was I thinking? Hope never made anything happen.

 

***

Location: The Coffee House Grand Opening

Time: 2:00 pm

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter