I Don't Wanna Know

Voice on the Radio

The alarm from an iPhone blares throughout the room, signalling Kyungsoo to wake up from his slumber. He had gotten home late yesterday, having to go in the evening shift for clincal. By the time he had gotten home, it was way past midnight - not only cause the hospital his clincal is at is an hour and a half away, but also because of the lack of transit at the late hour he finished clincal.

07:30 AM, the clock states. Of course, it would be his roomate, the overly hyperactive Kim Jongdae, that would be the sole reason that Kyungsoo would wake up this early. On a Saturday. 

Speak of the devil, that exact person comes into Kyungso's room, all decked out in fan merchandise. "Kyungsoo-hyung, wake up! Today's the day!! You promised you'd come with me to the concert today!" 

"And why should I even bother going to a concert of someone I don't even know or like? I'd rather go back to sleep." Kyungsoo had always been blunt and straight to the point in the mornings, especially when it involves waking up early in the weekend.

"You promised you'd go with me!  Plus, You know I'm too shy going to these things by myself... and it's a good way to support a fellow student! This is Kim Jongin we're talkign about!" Jongdae grinned, pleased that he had been able to do better than his friend on the last midterm. Kyungsoo had promised his roomate that he would go with him to the Kim Jongin concert, no questions asked.

Kyungsoo never thought his roomate would do better on him on a midterm - he doesn't study as much, or seem to know as much as Kyungsoo does about most of their nursing courses - but I guess the desperation of not going to a concert alone finally changed Kim Jongdae. Kyungsoo got a 76 on the last midterm, and much to their shock, Jongdae got an 80.

Even Jongdae was in shock. If both nursing students were to be honest with themselves, neither of them remember Jongdae ever getting a mark that high on any test in their past three years of nursing school. Needless to say, Do Kyungsoo was now stuck going to a concert of Kim Jongin, one of the biggest top idol-actors of Korea, as well as a fellow student in his university.

Kim Jongin made headlines after being accepted into the medical program at Seoul Medical Care University. Articles on Naver and news reporters commended the idol on being able to maintain good marks and handle the have prerequisites that a medical school requires while keeping on top of his idol activities - and being one of Korea's top idols, at that.

With a reluctant sigh, Kyungsoo got up off his bed and headed out of his room. "I'm going to go shower, then we can go to the concert venue. You're going to pay for my food at the venue for making me wake up this early!" His roomate simply replied with a cheer, and started to rant about what songs to expect in the setlist, what kind of merchandise hw would buy.

Jongdae was a huge fan of the idol-actor, and also plays a huge role as one of the exectuive members of the Kim Jongin SCMU fanclub. The club grew in numbers after the students learned that this famous idol would be attending their university. Jongdae, as an executive member, was one of the people responsible in supporting the idol, while still maintaining a respectful distance and disciplining fans who went too overboard in expressing their support and corssing the idol's personal boundaries during class periods. 

While Jongdae had always been very vocal about his love for Kim Jongin as a fanboy, Kyungsoo was the exact opposite. He had always been a closet fan of Kim Jongin, even before he debuted as an idol. Every music performance, single, album, Kyungsoo knows them all, supporting the idol from the sidelines. He would never admit that to anybody though, as he would prefer not to have any association with Kim Jongin, thus only expressing his admiration for the idol in secret, whether it be on his hidden social media accounts that only follow fansites, or brief glimpses of the idol surrounded by students when he walks to class.

He was determined to support a friend from the past, no matter what the circumstances. 

Kyungsoo noticed that the more he thought about Kim Jongin, he'd notice a faint glow emitting from his chest - the first time was when he learned that he would be attending the medical school in his university.  He always tried to keep his mind off the idol to stop the glow from getting brighter. And when the idol would attend classes on campus, all he could do was try his best to only see breif glimpse in order to avoid any possible encounter that could jeopardize everything. 

Kyungsoo only knew one reason as to why his chest would glow at the thought of someone like Kim Jongin.

He had a goal to achieve, and a soulmate wasn't part of his plans right now.

.

.

.

.

A/N: The first chapter is here! I feel like each chapters will vary in length, I guess depending on my mood and writing! I have a general idea of how this story will go, but the execution might be a lot different! Thanks everyone for reading and subscribing, and of course comments are always appreciated!