wildflower.

celestial collection

 

 

 

They thought I’d forget. 
But then I remembered. 
Everything. 

 

 

     How could I forget? How could I forget the image of my father’s dead body limp, lifeless and battered floating on the coursing river imprinted into my head? His life paid the price of the justice and redemption he fought for - a battle he lost miserably but a war I will end and win in his name and cleaning up his damaged reputation. 

 

 

 

And how about my mother? Oh, my sweet, sweet mother. I have always wished I looked more like her, but it was my older brother who was luckier. Her beauty was renowned even in her small village, miles south of Seoul that was quiet, simple yet happy. 

 

 

 

 

     The villagers sang old folk songs in her name, braided white roses into her long, luscious hair whenever she walked around town, and greeted them with her beautiful smile. Every man asked for her hand, while every woman envied her with jealousy, desire and defeat that they will never be like her. Like Sooyeon. Jung Sooyeon was her name. 

 

 

 

 

Sooyeon was very reserved and shy, rarely opened up and coyly looked around with her long eyelashes, yet once you had become close to her heart, she was kind, selfless, forgiving, sympathetic and amiable. 

 

 

 

 

     My uncle had once told me grimly that young boys and men lined up outside of their detached three story ancestral home in the countryside, and how without second thought yet with assurance and confidence, she had dismissed every single one of them who thought they were worthy of her love and affection. 

 

 

 

 

Except for one. I still laugh at how cliche, how repeated and how stupid this sounds, but my father beat the odds. He erased the long lived curse on how the beautiful, unattainable Sooyeon would never marry because she never found anyone worthy of her and that she deserved better, yet no one would expect him to be the one she’d choose out of the many she could’ve had. 

 

 

 

 

       Park Yoochun was my father’s name, and the lucky one who loved my mother as much as she had loved him. He had grown up a few streets away from hers, on a white painted mansion with wrought-iron gates and a sprawling 140 acres plantation that he was to inherit from generations of farmers and landowners. 

 

 

 

 

Excluding his favourable wealth and prestigious family name, many thought of him to be nothing but average and plain. He was not ugly but decently handsome at best, of average height to frame his awkward, scrawny body frame, yet was well read, educated in a private international school in Seoul and extremely diligent and hardworking for the business he was to take over in a few years time. 

 

 

 

 

He was hesitant to approach her at first, assuming that like the many other men who walked back from her home beaten and their ambitions crushed, - that she would just reject the blooming love and admiration he had for the young lady. 

 

 

 

 

       Rumours were that her parents wanted her to marry Kim Jaejoong - the village’s most handsome young man and most eligible bachelor. Now, he was a man worth marrying my mother - he was celestially dapper and suave, charming, athletic, and the son of the city’s mayor. 

 

 

 

 

A part of him nearly surrended, admitted defeat and retreated but he had to try one last time. If he really loved her, he would do it again and again no matter how many times others would have triumphed over him. 

 

 

 

 

    A lily flower. That’s right. A single stem of a lily flower was what my father placed on my mother’s footstep with a simple note of “This flower cannot justify your beauty. - PYC”, and she was smitten. She was curious actually at first, laughing to herself at how straightforward and rustic his attempt to pursue her but it was the one she remembered the most.

 

 

They exchanged their vows in a little church away from the city and the crowds. She settled in his home by the farm, and nine months later her older brother Chanyeol was brought in the world. Too bad only he had concrete memories of their parents, as they had been long done and dead once she gained her consciousness and memories. 

 

Heck, she now even had a different last name - adopted by a loving, childless couple of wealthy lawyers who had everything they could have ever wanted but the love of a child. 

 

Yet the story doesn't end here with a happy ending. Her content life going to a prestigious boarding school among trust fund kids and the heirs who carry a putrescent stench of new money - will be shattered forever. 

 

 

- Son (Park) Seungwan

 

 

A/N: This was supposed to be a one shot of revenge/thriller/action based on this one Filipino telenovela my mom watched avidly (among the rare few I actually enjoyed haha) that surprised me with its content/message/plot more than anything but I didn't feel like I started it right or could keep going - so here is what could have been. 

 

Her and her brother Chanyeol were separated but who knows where he was? Lol if you guys want to brainstorm ideas to revive any of writings/drabbles here just lemme know, hit me up and I'll try to ressurect them from the dead. 

 

This is in its rawest form- copy and pasted as it is from months ago with no editing sans a few lines I added here and there lol. This is my writing without filter and editing so yikes it could do some work but it's not as bad as I thought it was when I first wrote this. 

 

Thanks guys for everything! 

 

Song: "Castle" by Halsey