: 2nd Sheet

You are the Reason (TxT)
Please log in to read the full chapter

After finishing the shower, instead of just walking Appa around I decided that doing some running would do me good and would also help me clear my head. It's been a week since I last ran around the neighborhood. It's nice to slowly get back on my feet after that stressful week.

 

I took out my favorite workout clothes, a dark blue dri-fit shirt and black shorts- nothing out of the ordinary- and put on my favorite running shoes. I stood up brush off my shirt, took my phone from the bed and placed them on my pocket, before starting my search for Appa.

 

Appa is a pug, I adopted him 3 years ago. I was walking down the street and he caught my attention with those cute puppy dog eyes looking at me from the window. He was brought to the shop because his real owners were moving out of the country and they could only bring their mother and at least one of his siblings with them. When I entered the shop and found out that he was up for adoption I knew he was the perfect one for me, so then and there I immediately fixed his papers and made sure I took note of all the requirements needed. Even the shop owner told me that we were both perfect for each other, and so two days later I went back to get him and we went home together.

 

During the that time, my sister's family was staying with me. My neice was so excited about me bringing home a dog so I gave my neice the honor of naming him. My neice was really into some kind of cartoon that time so she named him as one of the characters from the show. She told me that it's because of his color and the markings on his skin. The first time my neice laid her eyes on him she had already decided to name him Appa and that's how it came to be.

 

Usually Appa doesn't give me that much trouble, since he just usually stays in my bedroom or living room sleeping or in the kitchen where he eats. 
As I entered the living room, he wasn't in his usual spot,  I called out his name.

 

"Appa,"

 

"Appa, come here boy, we're going out."

 

And just like that his cute squished face emerged from behind the curtain. He came to me wiggling his behind.

 

"There you are!" I crouched down so I can pet him. I scratched his head and he immediately turned around flat on his back ready for a belly rub. Seriously this dog is too adorable. I picked him up and stood. I put him on his leash before putting him down to the ground again. Taking my house keys from the counter, I exit the house.

 

If there's one thing I am really grateful for that I was able to get because of my job it would be being able to afford living in this neighborhood. A residential area only ten minutes away from the office. But the greatest thing about this place is that despite it being practically beside the bustling city, you don't feel like it is, because you are surrounded by trees, houses are really distanced from each other. 
I allowed Appa to lead me on for the first half of our run, when we were both running out of breath, I decided to stop at the park, I sat on the bench, since there were no other people around I released Appa from his leash and allowed him to wander freely but keeping him always in my sight.

 

I was smiling fondly at Appa when my phone started to ring, I took it out from my pocket and saw that it was Doyoung who's calling.

 

"Hello"

 

"Care to explain what the stunt you pulled earlier this morning is all about?"

 

Seriously it hasn't been a day since I left the company but Doyoung already knew what happened.

 

"Wow, news sure does travel fast, huh?"

 

"Johnny asked me to check up on you."

 

"Seriously guys, I'm okay. I've never felt this much freedom in such a long time, also if you're thinking about money, you know it's the least of my worries."

 

"Okay, Mr.hotshot, just remember if you ever do need anything don't hesitate to ca

Please log in to read the full chapter