Invisible Assistance (Pt. 1)

Superflowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To most people, Jihyo was a talented, beautiful, and friendly singer. To her members, she was much more than that- she was a caring friend, a strict leader, a doting sister- and, most of all, an unreachable flower that wouldn’t leave their nightly dreams, be it of innocent or more... promiscuous nature. After all, she was dubbed ‘God Jihyo’ for a reason, and every day she lived up to her title flawlessly.

Well, almost.

While it sounded impossible, Jihyo’s overwhelming kindness could prove to be… less than pleasant at times. 

Admittedly, some of that trouble was of the good kind. The girls sometimes needed privacy, and Jihyo sometimes was too dense to pick up the cues and persisted to stay by their side much to their annoyance. Then again, they were all grownups- they knew their leader meant well and was only trying to look out for their wellbeing. So while it didn’t sit well with them, they acknowledged it with appreciative respect.

The same thing could not be said for the other instances, where the leader’s goodwill caused anything but positive.

Rocking the very top of the list would be the fact that- according to a certain grumpy penguin and a wood-shattering maknae- she was too good for her own good. So much that there seemed to be no discrimination for who received what kind of treatment, regardless of how affectionate Jihyo might feel for some of them. One of these days, someone would probably get hurt, if Tzuyu had to walk in on yet another of Jihyo’s cuddling sessions. Aggression powered by superhuman strength and fueled by jealousy was never fun, yet Jihyo stayed frustratingly ignorant to the threat.

Following a close second was her agreeable nature. Jihyo did a brilliant job at being the group’s mediator, meaning she could resolve more or less every conflict with her presence alone- to prevent the argument from getting too heated with her appeasing but impartial input.

That was, however, when she was the middle party- which was thankfully most of the cases. When she was subject to one particular member’s irritation, things got complicated.

Right now, Jihyo along with several others were gathered around the living room. They were supposed to pick from provided range of melodies one that suited their style the most; the song, from there, would be brought to completion- Momo would choreograph, Jihyo would probably help come up with the lyrics, so on and so forth.

“I say we go with this one.” Jeongyeon suggested, then proceeded to open the song she mentioned. “Rhythmically it’s faster than usual, and there will be a lot of high notes to go with the music, so we can show off our singing skills that way.”

Jihyo nodded. That was highly specific insight. “What about this one? It’s softer sounding and more melodic. Also it’s longer so there will be longer parts for each member.”

“I don’t think that’s necessary though. As long as each of us has at least one line, no one will think twice about it.”

That made sense as well. Jihyo thought simply, then gave Jeongyeon a thumbs-up. “Alright then, let’s go with yours.” She proceeded to send a text to their manager, giving confirmation of their choice so that the production could be underway.

What she didn’t expect was for Jeongyeon to yank the phone from her hand. Looking up in astonishment, she asked.

“Hey! What gives?”

“That’s it!? You won’t even try to argue?” All of a sudden Jeongyeon exploded. This captured everyone’s attention. Nayeon, who was playing a game on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter