Junsoo

The Governess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

Junsoo

 

 

Watch me soar.

            Joohyun slept better that night than she had ever before in her life.  She had eaten dinner with Mrs. Kim; a fantastic meal of tender, savory flank steak and oven-roasted vegetables served with rice and wine.  She wondered, to herself, if wine was a usual accompaniment with dinner or if it was special for her first night on the estate.  She had never had wine before that night and she decided that she was certainly fond of it.

            Upon retiring to her room, Joohyun spent the next hour or so unpacking her things and getting everything situated in the drawers, on the desk, and in the bathroom.  She then proceeded to take a bath in the tub, because why not?  It was hers now and she could use it as she pleased.

            Back at her father’s house, her bed was low to the ground and so old that you could feel the springs through the mattress.  This one was raised to an ideal for her height and was the perfect balance between soft and firm.  The silk sheets felt like heaven against her clean, smooth skin.

            Joohyun couldn’t help but smile from ear-to-ear when she opened her eyes the next morning.  She was impossibly comfortable, and a stray ray of the newly debuted sunshine hit her face just right through a crack in the curtains.

            This is my life now.

            Slipping into her robe, Joohyun grabbed the book off her desk (her current read was ‘Villette’ by Charlotte Bronte) and sat out on her patio to read for a while. She didn’t have to meet Mrs. Kim until noon.  She did wonder, however, how she would be permitted to make coffee in the mornings.  Coffee was a must, of course.  Was she allowed to use the kitchen? 

            The hours passed by in a leisurely fashion and after some time of prepping, Joohyun was magically all-business again.  Her skin was flawless, makeup naturally and expertly applied, hair subtlety curled, dressed in a blush pink blouse with ruffles, a dark red pencil skirt, and the black patent heels from yesterday.

            She glanced at the clock; fifteen minutes until she would meet with Mrs. Kim to go out for lunch.  She some things into her smaller purse and walked out.

            There was something utterly powerful but also somewhat eerie about the loud tok tok tok of her footsteps echoing through the relatively empty halls of the mansion as she made her way to the foyer.

 

Mrs. Kim was waiting for Joohyun there, as expected, and greeted the governess with a warm smile.

            “Good morning, Ms. Bae.”  said she, taking a quick scan at the younger’s appearance.  “You look positively radiant.  I trust you slept well, and comfortably?”

            “Better than I think I ever have.”  said Joohyun gratefully.  “Thank you, Mrs. Kim.”

            The older woman smiled again.  “Let us go, then.  I’m so excited for you and Junsoo to meet.”

            Joohyun had so many questions, but she kept them to herself for now.  Where is Junsoo now?  Why isn’t he here at home with you?  Where are we going?  She just followed her mistress out to the car, where Kwangchul awaited them.

 

They only drove for about ten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter