Ch1

Family Complex
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Morning, Appa," Jihyo entered the kitchen to see his father busy preparing their breakfast on the stove. Packed lunches and assortment of ingredients were lined up on the kitchen counter. Jihyo took a small piece of crispy fried pork and popped it into his mouth. He gave a satisfied moan at the burst of flavors.

"Morning, where's your mother?" Jeongyeon said as he added veggies into the stir fry, then he continued to flip the contents of the skillet with a swift flick of his wrist. "I already packed lunches for the both of you."

"I told her to take a shower," Jihyo poured himself a cup of coffee, sighing at the fragrant aroma of freshly brewed coffee beans. He appreciates his father great taste in everything food related. Jeongyeon wasn't the previous Prime Minister's personal chef for nothing.

"Another busy day in the office?" He plated the stir fry before adding some garnishes. The dish looked like it was straight out of a fancy restaurant or a commercial on TV. "Can you wake up your younger siblings?"

"I'm on it," Jihyo left the kitchen to stand at the base of the staircase before inhaling a deep breath. 

"DACHAETZU!!"

Three zombie-like figures staggered out of their individual rooms.

"My ears are still ringing," the tofu-like girl said, her brows creased at her older brother's antics.

"Headache..." the small cub said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I think the whole house just shook," the tall maknae said while softly closing her door.

They all shuffled downstairs, careful not to fall on each other as they made their way. They grumbled as Jihyo gathered them at the dining table. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon served his gourmet-like breakfast buffet with Dahyun coming his aid.

"Enough whining, you guys should eat breakfast. Tzuyu and Chaeng have classes today, right?" They both nodded. It was the first day back to school for Tzuyu while the small cub have to revise his thesis for the nth time. He excused himself from the table to get painkillers from the medicine kit. "What about you Dahyun?"

"Waiting for my agent to call, for now I'll help out at the restaurant," Dahyun said, busying herself with plating small portions of everything for her younger siblings. Their father always cooks an awful lot of food in the morning that sometimes there are still leftovers for dinner time.

She served Tzuyu her breakfast, earning a small smile and a 'thank you' from the tall maknae, before prepa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter