Chapter 1

Love In the Time of You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 27, 2017

I clenched my hands as I nervously made my way through the doors of the bar. Looking down at my hands I took a look at my ID and sighed. In fact, it wasn't even mine. It belonged to my "twin brother" who happend to be five years older than me. 

I walked further in as I held my fake ID safely in my hands. I began to hear faint sounds of music as I neared closer to the entrance.

"ID please."

I handed it the security man, avoiding direct eye contact with him. He took a quick glance at the card and then my face before letting me through.

I took back my card and made my way through the hallway, into the place where all the action was happening. It was the first time I had ever made my way into a place like this. Why am I at a bar? Why do I have a fake ID? Why, even though I am still a minor? 

I asked myself these things before remembering what had happened only a few days ago. I was a victim of a terrible dare. However, I put myself in this situation because I volunteered to do so. I began wondering if it was a smart idea to be here. Was I regretting my decision? I couldn't tell myself.

I took a deep breath and made my way inside.

To my surprise, it was much calmer than I had expected. The music was fairly quiet and there weren't as many people scattered around the room. I was expecting there to be drunk people dancing all over the place while the DJ on the opposite side of the room played some music at a deafening volume. I guess reality is different from the movies.

The thought of this made my head hurt. Each second I felt that I was being watched. I was anxious. What if I end up getting caught? It's not like I have a place to run away to.

I awkwardly sat in one of the seats at the bar next to me. I met eyes with the bartender and he asked me if I was going to order a drink. I was flustered in the few seconds that I had. Do I actually order something alcoholic to make it seem like I am actually of age? Do I have to pay for the drink? I quickly reached down into my pockets only to find out that I didn't have my wallet.

I could've passed it off without ordering anything, but my thoughts were interrupted by the guy next to me.

"Two waters."

We both looked at each other, then at the bartender, and then back at each other. He peered down at the ID that was still tightly secured in my hands and chuckled. He suddenly started inching towards me and whispered in my ear.

"Aigoo, you're still a baby." 

He grabbed his drink and walked away, flashing a smile before he left.

I looked back at the seat he was sitting at and saw a small piece of paper that looked like a business card. I picked it up to see that the front was crossed out. When I flipped it over I saw an address written in pen.

Curious, I followed the address out of the bar.

I began walking down the street. The darkness of the late night made me a bit scared. What if the security guards from the bar are out to secretly get me? Keeping full attention of my surroundings, I cautiously continued down the road until I found a brightly lit coffee shop. It seemed like this place was the one that matched the address.

Late night at a small coffee shop—of course there wouldn't be many people. Who would want to get coffee at midnight?

As soon as I walked in, I met eyes with that guy from the bar. Was it a coincidence? Probably not, taking into thought that he was the one who left the address on the table. At least I'd like to believe so.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter