Final

Oh Baby!

Kyungsoo bounces his leg nervously as he is waiting in the doctor’s office alone. He has not been feeling well lately. The past few days, he has actually been throwing up in the morning. He did not want to think about what is wrong but he has a good idea of what is happening to him.

He lets a deep sigh and thinks back to what happened a few weeks ago.

*****

“Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun yells while opening and slamming Kyungsoo’s bedroom door against the wall.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “What do you want now Baekhyun? Can’t you see that I’m busy?” Kyungsoo says trying to focus on writing lyrics to his latest song.

Baekhyun walks over to where Kyungsoo is sitting and grabs the paper Kyungsoo was writing on off the table.

“Baekhyun! Give those back right now! I need to have these songs written and finished by tomorrow night and send it to the company for review!”

“Oh please Kyungsoo. You have been working on these songs for the past few days and you are almost done. You can totally finish is before tomorrow night. Plus, you are the companies best writer, they can’t get too mad at you.” Baekhyun throws the stack of lyrics on Kyungsoo’s bed. “Let’s go out! We haven’t gone out in a long time. Hey! You never know… maybe you will find your soulmate!”

“If I haven’t met my soulmate by now, I don’t think that I will meet them anytime soon. But fine… Only if you’re paying for everything.” Kyungsoo says. Baekhyun smiles and rushes to Kyungsoo’s closet to pick out some clothes for Kyungsoo. After fighting about clothes, Kyungsoo went to go change into the tight clothes Baekhyun somehow found in Kyungsoo’s closet.

Kyungsoo sighs as he looks at himself in the mirror. “I thought I hide these clothes well enough. I need to throw them away next time.” Kyungsoo mumbles to himself.

“Come on Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun yells from beyond the bathroom door.

“Shut up! I’m coming!” Kyungsoo yells back. He takes one last look in the mirror and sighs. He really does not want to go out tonight. He has a bad feeling.

 

“You brought me here just so you can talk to Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun?! You’re ing soulmate?!” Kyungsoo fumes.

“What? I can’t show up here all by myself, I’ll look like a totally loser, a loner!” Baekhyun tries to defend himself.

“Go Chanyeol off! I’m leaving!” Kyungsoo storms away. Baekhyun tries to stop him but Kyungsoo is not having any of it.

When he loses Baekhyun, he is instantly stopped by a stranger.

“Hey cutie, why such the angry face for?” The stranger asks.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “Get out of my way!”

“I saw that you had a fight with your friend. Let me buy you a drink. Get rid of those nerves.” The guy tries to flirt.

“Whatever. Make it quick. I need to go home.” Kyungsoo says very annoyed. The sooner he gets this guy off his back the quicker he can get home, but he does feel like getting a drink and maybe not remembering tonight.

“I already did all this work to come here tonight. Might as well stay here to make it worth it.” Kyungsoo says aloud to himself.

“That’s the spirit. Come let’s go to the bar!” The stranger says. They walk to the busy bar and the guy orders to drinks for them.

“Cheers!” The guy yells handing Kyungsoo his drink.

“Cheers.” Kyungsoo says flatly and chugging down the whole drink.

“Someone surely knows how to drink. I like that.” The guy says with a smirk then finishes his own drink.

Kyungsoo tries to leave after that drink but somehow he got pulled back in as the man offered him more drinks. Kyungsoo can never deny free things. One drink turns to two, two turns to four, and four turn into… Kyungsoo loses count after a while and he cannot remember why he was even angry.

The guy slings an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders. “You are a really cute guy, you know that?” They guy slurs.

“I really need to go home.” Kyungsoo says trying to get away.

The stranger pouts. “No! Don’t go! At least not without me!” The stranger winks. Kyungsoo feels like throwing up and he isn’t sure if it is from this guy or all the alcohol he consumed.

The stranger moves closer to Kyungsoo until his face was extremely close to Kyungsoo’s face. “How about we go back to my place and continue getting to know each other?”

Kyungsoo stares at the stranger, or at least trying to. He hasn’t had a good one night stand in a while because of how he is now associated with a well-known entertainment company. He really needs a ual release from something other than his own hand. One night won’t hurt right? Kyungsoo thinks to himself. This stranger is somewhat attractive. “Oh what the hell! Let’s go!” Kyungsoo drunkenly says, grabbing ahold of the stranger, and dragging him out of the club and into a taxi.

 

Kyungsoo wakes up the next morning with a pounding headache. Why the hell is my head hurting so much? Kyungsoo asks himself trying to make the pain go away. That is when everything comes rushing back to him. Baekhyun taking him to a club, yelling at Baekhyun, meeting the stranger who he never even asked for a name, getting drunk, going back to the strangers house, and having with him.

Kyungsoo’s eyes pop right open and looks around the room. Yup, this is definitely not my room and I am still very . Kyungsoo gets up very slowly, tries to look for his clothes, and puts them on slowly so he won’t upset his headache even more. Once he has accomplished getting fully dressed and has all his things, he leaves the room.

He tries to sneak out of the house since he has not seen the stranger.

“Ahhh Good morning!” Kyungsoo hears and quickly covers his ears.

“Ow! Don’t yell!” Kyungsoo says turning to see the stranger eating breakfast.

“Ah… you have a hangover.” The guy says with food in his mouth. Kyungsoo can only glare at him. How did he find interest in this unmannered guy?

“Yeah. And now I’m going home.” Kyungsoo says, heading towards the door.

“Before you leave I want to ask you something.” The stranger says and Kyungsoo turns around. “You’re not a carrier right? I didn’t use a last night, just so you know.”

Kyungsoo glares at this guy in even more disgust. But the thing is, he is a carrier meaning that he can get pregnant but a few years ago stuff happened and that affected Kyungsoo’s chances of getting pregnant. Kyungsoo suffered from eating disorders and lost a lot of weight which messed up his reproductive system and his doctor told him that there is a low percentage that he would ever get pregnant.

“No. Now I’m leaving and hopefully will never see you again, you disgusting pig.” Kyungsoo says through his teeth, opens the door, and slams it shut behind him.

It took awhile for Kyungsoo to find out where he is especially with the sun making it hard for him to open his eyes without having his head being taken over by pain.

Kyungsoo finds a shady spot and sits in the shade looking for a number to call.

Kyungsoo! I’m so sorry for last night! Where did you go? I couldn’t find you!

“Shut up Baekhyun and come get me.” Kyungsoo says then hangs up and quickly sends Baekhyun the names of the streets that were nearby him.

******

“Mr. Do Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo hears his name being called and breaks him out of this thoughts. Kyungsoo looks up at the medical assistant that called for him. “The doctor will see you now. Please follow me Sir.”

Kyungsoo gets up and follows behind the assistant to a typical doctor, check-up room. The assistant stays with him in the room and grabs a clipboard.

“So tell me why you came in here today.” The assistant asks Kyungsoo.

“Well I have not been feeling well today or the past few days… I have been throwing up in the mornings too.” The assistant stops writing and looks up to Kyungsoo with an expression that tells Kyungsoo that they are thinking the same things as Kyungsoo.

“And are you ually active?”

“Yes.”

“When was the last time you had penetrative ?”

“About two or three weeks ago.”

“Were you the one being penetrated?”

“Yes.”

“Are you a male carrier?”

“Yes but a few years ago the doctor said I had a very low percentage of becoming pregnant.”

“Well Mr. Kyungsoo, I’m going to ask you to take a pee test before we proceed.” The assistant gets up and hands Kyungsoo a pee cup. Kyungsoo leaves the room and goes into the restroom nearby.

He does his business in the restroom and leaves the pee test cup in a special hole in the wall where on the other side is a specialist that will look at his sample.

He walks back to the check-up room where the assistant is still in.

“Just wait here and the doctor will be with you shortly after your test comes back.” With that, the assistant leaves Kyungsoo alone in the room.

About 15 minutes later, the door opens again and the doctor walks in. “Good afternoon Mr. Kyungsoo. Now I was told that you have been sick in the mornings and are a carrier. Is that correct?”

“Yes. That is correct.”

“Well I got your urine sample back and I want to tell you that you are pregnant. Congrate!” Yup there is it. Kyungsoo thinks. What he was fearing the most.

The doctor notices the lack of happiness in Kyungsoo’s reaction to the news and facial expression. “Now I will give you time to think if you want to terminate it or continue with pregnancy. If you decide to continue with the pregnancy then we will help you up along the way with setting appointments. However, you only a few more weeks to get back to us.”

“Yes. Thank you for your time Doctor.” Kyungsoo thanks the doctor then walks out of the room and the hospital.

 

“Baekhyun, can you come over? There’s something I need help with.” Kyungsoo tells Baekhyun on the phone as soon as he gets back to his apartment.

Not even ten minutes later, Baekhyun basically breaks down his front door only to find Kyungsoo sitting in the middle of his couch in a dead silent apartment.

“Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun approaches Kyungsoo and sits down next to him. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m pregnant.” Kyungsoo says flatly without any emotion.

“WHAT?!” Baekhyun jumps up on his feet, Kyungsoo only stares up at him, then Baekhyun sits back down. “Who? How? When?”

Kyungsoo lets out a deep sigh. “You remember how a few weeks ago when you took me to the club and I went home with a guy?”

“Yeah…” Baekhyun can see where this is going.

“Well he didn’t use a and I thought that it was ok since I had a low to zero chance of getting pregnant… But I guess this was that low percentage.” Kyungsoo says while touching right below his stomach.

For once in Baekhyun’s life, he is speechless. He does not know how to comfort Kyungsoo, what does he say?

“S-So… What are you going to do?” Baekhyun asks in a soft voice.

“I don’t know. I love kids but having a child on someone that I don’t even know their name. I’m not sure.”

Baekhyun hugs Kyungsoo. “I’ll support you no matter what.” They stay like this for a while until Baekhyun orders pizza for them and they stay up all night, cuddled on the couch, watching movies.

 

Kyungsoo has not been able to sleep these past few nights. This news about his pregnancy has been keeping him up at night.

He loves children and wants to have his own one day but not right now. However, he does not want to abort this baby inside of him because he does not know when, or if, he can have a child again since he still has not met his soulmate and with his low chances of pregnancy. Maybe this will be his own chance.

Kyungsoo hugs his body and curls up on his side. He has come to a decision and he hopes that it is the right one.

******

Kyungsoo feels so lucky that he is able to work at home and when he has to go to the company, he just sits there in the studio room the whole time. He has been so tired these past 8 months. This pregnancy is taking a toll on his body. He is so thankful for having Baekhyun, and Chanyeol, in his life. He does not know how he would get through this without their help. From the beginning when he had morning sickness to lately where he constantly needs new clothes but becomes so tired when he moves around and getting the apartment ready for the baby.

Currently, Kyungsoo is sitting on his couch, feet up on the coffee table, watching TV while rubbing his hands around his belly. The baby has been extremely active lately and constantly kicking. Kyungsoo can’t even sit or lie down comfortably because of this baby and how much his body is aching.

“Just a few more weeks baby.” Kyungsoo talks to his belly trying to soothe the baby. But it does the complete opposite and Kyungsoo feels this excruciating pain that he has never felt before. His feet fall down from the coffee table and he curls in on himself.

He see the area of the couch between his legs and the floor below him is covers in water even though he had not cup of water to knock over. “Or not.” He breathes out and quickly grabs his phone that was next to him.

Yo Kyungs-”

“BAEKHYUN GET YOUR OVER HERE! THE BABY! THE BABY IS COMING!”

Oh ! Are you sure?!

“Yes! My water just broke! I’m pretty sure that is a sign that I’m going into labor!”

Chanyeol! Get your up! Kyungsoo’s baby is coming!” Baekhyun screams on the other side of the phone.

“Oww! Hurry! It’s so painful!” Kyungsoo screams as another painful spike ran through his body.

Hold on Kyungsoo! We’ll be there in a few minutes! Can you try to get up and get your hospital bag?

“I-I’ll try.” Kyungsoo slowly gets up and walks to his room with the support of the walls and gets his bag that he has prepared for this moment. By the time he reaches his front door while covered in his own sweat, it opens and he is instantly in Baekhyun’s arms.

His legs give out from the painful contraction again. The two other catch him before he hits the ground. Then he feels himself being lifted up and sees that Chanyeol is carrying him bridal style out of his apartment while Baekhyun is carrying everything else.

He is placed in the back row of the car with his head down on Baekhyun’s lap and Chanyeol drives them to the hospital like a madman all while Kyungsoo is screaming his lungs out.

Kyungsoo does not even remember getting out of the car and entering the hospital.

When he is brought back to reality, he is being wheelchaired into a hospital room that is set up for people to give birth.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol help Kyungsoo on to the bed.

The nurses are running around and give Kyungsoo something to help with the pain, which hardly does a thing for Kyungsoo.

It sees like an eternity before the doctor comes in.

“Hello Mr. Do Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo tries to focus on who said his name but his hair and sweat are in his eyes so he only sees a blurry figure in white coming closer to him. “I’m a male pregnancy specialist, Doctor Kim Jongin. I will be assisting you today with your birth.”

“I don’t give a ! Just get this baby out of me damnit!” Kyungsoo yells and lets out another scream.

The doctor moves to where Kyungsoo’s legs are propped up and open.

“Take deep breaths for me.” The doctor says calmly like he has done this a hundred times.

Kyungsoo tries to breathe but then another painful wave hits him and his body contracts in pain.

“That’s it. Keep breathing and push when you feel a contraction.”

Kyungsoo can feel another one coming and blindly grabs onto something and squeezes it with all his strength as he pushes.

“Ow! ! Kyungsoo! Let go of my arm! You’re going to break it!”

Kyungsoo’s head snaps to the direction of Chanyeol’s agonizing screams and glares at Chanyeol’s blurry figure that is know kneeling on the floor. “Shut the up Park! Be a man and deal with it! A ing baby is coming out of me! AHH!” Kyungsoo slumps back into the elevated backrest.

He feels his hair being moved away from his face and the sweat is being whipped away by Baekhyun so he could finally see properly. And he wishes that he couldn’t.

The first thing that he lands his eyes on is the extremely handsome, tan doctor in a white coat staring down at where his baby is coming out from.

And then everything happened in slow motion. He can’t take his eyes away from the man between his legs and the whole world disappears and Kyungsoo can not feel anything, not even the contractions. The handsome doctor looks up to meet Kyungsoo’s eyes then gives Kyungsoo a charming, soft smile before reality speeds up again.

“Oh !” Kyungsoo screams while pushing as hard as he could.

Although he did not scream from the pain, not entirely at least. He just learned that his goddamn soulmate is between his legs, ready to deliver his baby, staring at everything a sweaty, in pain Kyungsoo has to offer down there.

His eyes can’t leave the doctors face as he is pushing with his life to get this baby out of him.

“That’s it. You’re doing a great job Kyungsoo. The head is out. Keep pushing as hard as you can.” The doctor’s calm voice reaches Kyungsoo’s ears.

A few more minutes of pushing, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol, screaming in pain, and calm words from the doctor, the room becomes silent except for the cries of Kyungsoo’s baby.

“Congrats Mr. Do Kyungsoo. Your baby is a cute, healthy looking little boy!” The doctor announces while holding the newborn. The handsome doctor walks around the bed and places the baby boy on Kyungsoo’s chest and Kyungsoo’s arms automatically wrap around the new life.

His baby is the most beautiful baby Kyungsoo has ever seen. Thank God his baby looks a lot like him and not his one night stand.

The doctor does not leave his side though. “Although you just gave birth Mr. Kyungsoo, I have to take your baby for a little bit so we can get him cleaned up and checked out to make sure nothing is wrong with him.”

But Kyungsoo does not let go of his baby. Baekhyun and Chanyeol have to pry Kyungsoo's arms open so his soulmate doctor could take his baby away. His two friends try to distract him as his baby is whisked away.

“He's such a cute baby Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun squeals and grabs Kyungsoo's hand.

Kyungsoo is so tired and looks at Baekhyun with a blissed out look. “The doctor is my soulmate.” Kyungsoo says like it's nothing.

Both Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s eyes almost pop out of their heads.

“What?! That hot doctor with 3 meter long legs is your ing soulmate?! Damn Kyungsoo! You just gave birth to an adorable baby and found your hot soulmate! You're so ing lucky!”

Chanyeol pouts. “Hey! I'm still right here! But Kyungsoo can you ask your soulmate to check my arm out? I think you really broke it!”

“I can't believe that my soulmate saw me give birth! He ing delivered my baby! How embarrassing!” Kyungsoo groans.

“Hey, look on the bright side... At least you didn’t yourself when you were pushing the baby out. I heard that happens when giving birth.” Baekhyun says trying to cheer Kyungsoo up.

The door to the hospital room opens just then and the doctor comes in holding Kyungsoo’s now clean, wrapped in a blanket baby boy.

“Your baby is all clear! No signs of problems especially since he is a few weeks early. That could sometimes cause some difficulties for the baby.” The doctor gives the baby back to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo blushes lightly while tiredly looking up at the doctor, aka his soulmate that he hasn't even talked to yet.

“Thank you Mr...?”

The doctor smiles. “Kim Jongin. You were a little out of it when I first came in and introduced myself.”

“I’m sorry about that and screaming at you.”

“That happens all the time when a person is giving birth, don’t worry about it.”

“I’m Do Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo tries to smile. “And this little guy is Jaehyun.” (A/N: I just picked this name randomly, no connection to any Kpop idol/celebrity.)

Jongin smiles at the baby then pulls out a piece of paper out of his clipboard folder and pulls up a chair next to Kyungsoo’s bed.

“This is Jaehyun’s birth certificate. I have your name on it in the maternal section since you are the one who gave birth to him. Is there another parent's name that I can wrote down paternal section?” Jongin asks trying not to sound too curious about his new soulmates love life.

“No… the donor was a drunken one night stand. I never even asked for his name.”

This makes Jongin feel better knowing that there is no competition for his soulmates attention. He finishes writing on the paper with all the information that it needed.

“Well Soulmate Kyungsoo, I need to get back to work. I'll be back to come visit you soon. Okay?” Jongin places the certificate on the stand next to the bed and leaves the room.

“Ohhhh Damn!” Baekhyun shouts as soon as the door closes. Kyungsoo jumps. He totally forgot about the two others in the room with him. They just witnessed the awkward first, well technically second, meeting between Kyungsoo and Jongin.

“Keep it down Baekhyun. My baby is sleeping.” Kyungsoo scolds Baekhyun.

Baekhyun runs his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair. “Why don't you go to sleep Kyungsoo. You need it. Chanyeol and I will watch over you two.”

“Thank you.” Kyungsoo says softly, holding his baby closer to him, making sure he is warm and comfortable. It does not take long for Kyungsoo to fall asleep.

 

Kyungsoo wakes up to crying. It begins. Kyungsoo cracks his eyes open to see that his baby is crying. Kyungsoo looks at the clock and sees that it is late at night, the only light coming through the window and the light coming under the door, and his two friends are passed out.

“Baby… what's wrong? What do you need?” Kyungsoo asks his baby trying to calm him down. He is too busy trying to calm down his baby that he doesn't notice the door to his room open.

“He sounds hungry.” Kyungsoo hears a voice and notices the open door with a figure standing there. The figure walks closer and pulls up a chair.

“H-Hi.” Kyungsoo stutters out. “How do you that he is hungry?”

“I have been working around newborns and infants for awhile so I learned the differences between the cries. Also he is such a newborn that his body has yet to create pee or poop so no need to change him.”

“Wow. Well I have a lot to learn about being a parent.” Kyungsoo says more to himself.

“Before he wakes up everyone, you may want to feed him.” Jongin suggests.

“O-Oh yeah.” Kyungsoo places his baby under his shirt to feed him. Which makes Jaehyun immediately stop crying as he is too preoccupied in .

“It's going to be like this for quite awhile. Waking up in the middle of the night to change or feed the baby when he cries… I-If you ever need help, please contact me.” Jongin adds with a slight blush and not meeting Kyungsoo’s eyes. He is hoping that the darkness hides it.

“I have a feeling that we'll be around each other a lot so you can teach me everything then. But why are you here so late? How long is your shift?”

“I already finished my shift for today actually.” Jongin starts to play with his ear nervously. “Um… Since I don’t have my white coat on, I’m off duty… I actually decided to stay tonight to see if you and Jaehyun needed anything. I came in here earlier when I was still on duty but you two were still asleep.”

Kyungsoo’s heart speeds up about how his soulmate is already trying to take care of Kyungsoo and his baby. This is what Kyungsoo wanted in his partner. Someone who will take care of Kyungsoo and his baby happily and willingly.

“T-Thank you. It means a lot to me that I won’t be alone anymore, especially when raising Jaehyun… I mean if you want to! I assume since being my soulmate and all.” Kyungsoo cannot keep his mouth closed as he continues to embarrass himself in front of Jongin.

Jongin smiles warmly and his heart grows knowing that his soulmate has already accepted him and want him to raise his child with him even though they hardly know each other. “Of course!” Jongin accidently yells out of excitement. “I mean… I would love to.”

Kyungsoo stares at Jongin with a small smile. They stare at each other until Jaehyun is done feeding. Kyungsoo takes Jaehyun and lays him on his back on the bed and Kyungsoo lays on his side. They both fall back asleep with Jongin watching over them.

 

In the morning, everyone wakes ups to Jaehyun whining. Kyungsoo opens his eyes right away and looks around. Jaehyun is whining and slightly moving around on his back. Behind Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are leaning against each other stirring awake. When Kyungsoo turns back around, he sees that Jongin is still in the room and is sitting in the chair with his head and arms resting on the bed next to Jaehyun.

Kyungsoo grabs his phone off the nightstand and takes a picture of the scene. Jaehyun looking up at him with his wide eyes (that he got from Kyungsoo) while Jongin’s, cute, sleeping face is next to Jaehyun’s body.

Kyungsoo places the phone down and gives his full attention to Jaehyun. He smiles and runs a finger lightly over the small mittens Jaehyun is wearing so he does not scratch and hurt himself with his fingernails.

“Hi baby.” Kyungsoo whispers and boops Jaehyun on his nose. He laughs lightly when Jaehyun’s eyes went crossed as he tried to follow Kyungsoo’s finger.

He hears rustling coming from behind him and sees that Baekhyun is opening his eyes and sitting up straight, which causes Chanyeol to lean more against Baekhyun.

“Good morning Soo.” Baekhyun yawns. “How is my cute nephew?”

“Jaehyun is ok. Little fussy but he is good.” Kyungsoo says.

Baekhyun stands up, letting Chanyeol fall and wake up from the impact of hitting the cushion.

“Oh? Hot Doctor Soulmate stayed the night?” Baekhyun’s eyes widen when he sees Jongin sleeping in the chair.

“His name is Jongin and yes. He stayed here after his shift finished.” Kyungsoo says with a blush on his face.

“Ohhhhh! He is a keeper.” Baekhyun winks.

“He’s more than a keeper.”

“Oh? Is Do Kyungsoo already in love with his hot doctor?”

“Shut up Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo says embarrassedly. Though he is pretty sure that he already has feelings for the ‘hot doctor’.

Their talking must have waken Jongin up and he opens his eyes and notices where he is. He did not even remember falling asleep in the hospital room. He sits up and stares at the three people, four if including Jaehyun, staring back at him.

“Ah… G-Good morning.” Jongin stutters out.

“Good morning Hot Doctor.” Baekhyun says with a smirk and Jongin’s mouth drops open.

“Baekhyun stop flirting with other men when I’m here.” Chanyeol whines.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and sits up on the bed. “Don’t mind Baekhyun. He’s my stupid friend and says stupid .”

“Best friend first of all and second of all, no cussing in front of the baby.” Baekhyun scolds Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo ignores Baekhyun and picks up Jaehyun and holds Jaehyun flat against his chest.

“Well…” Baekhyun says when he notices that Kyungsoo ignored him, he turns towards Jongin. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, Kyungsoo’s long time best friend, and this is Park Chanyeol, my giant soulmate.”

“Hey!” Chanyeol says and waves at Jongin.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Jongin.” Jongin says then turns his attention back to Kyungsoo. “Are you hungry? I will go get you something from the hospital cafeteria and then find my friend that is on duty to get your check-out process started.” Jongin got up and left the room.

“He is a quite the character, isn’t he? A total heartthrob that delivers babies but can switch to an awkward, cute child when embarrassed or nervous.” Baekhyun comments as soon as the door is closed.

“He is but I like it. He really is the one I have been waiting for my whole life.” Kyungsoo says smiling.

 

The door opens and Jongin and another (handsome) doctor enter the room. Jongin walks over and hands Kyungsoo a plate of basic hospital food. Kyungsoo accepts the food happily.

“This is my fellow doctor and my best friend, Oh Sehun.” Jongin says introducing the other doctor.

Sehun looks around the room and his eyes land on Kyungsoo. “So I’m guessing you are the one Jongin has not shut up about since yesterday? His soulmate that he met when performing a delivery.”

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo blush at Sehun’s words. “Y-Yes. That is me, I guess.” Kyungsoo says.

“Well since Jongin is off duty, I will take over your file and give you the approval to go home. Can I take a look at Jaehyun, see how he is doing this morning?”

Kyungsoo lays Jaehyun on his back again and Sehun walks over to the bed. He starts giving Jaehyun a basic physical exam, feeling and listening around Jaehyun’s body to make sure nothing is wrong then starts asking Kyungsoo questions about Jaehyun’s behavior and actions so far.

“I confirm that your baby is all healthy and you are free to go home. Wait here while I get your discharge paperwork.”

While Sehun is out, everyone else in the room is getting ready to leave. Kyungsoo wraps his baby in a new blanket and changes out of the hospital clothes he was changed into yesterday.

Sehun comes back into the room and gives Kyungsoo the ‘ok’ to leave. Together, they all walk out of the hospital and to Chanyeol’s car. The whole time, Jongin never leave Kyungsoo’s side.

“Um…” Jongin starts when they’re putting everything in the car. “My car is in the staff parking lot so I guess I will say goodbye now.”

“It was nice meeting you Jongin and I will see you around a lot.” Baekhyun says.

“Not to sound like an awkward teenager but can I get your phone number?” Kyungsoo asks.

All this time they spent together, Jongin totally forgot to get Kyungsoo’s contact information so they can continue to keep in touch.

“Of course!” Jongin says pulling out his phone and they give each other their numbers and then they depart.

 

“Well baby, this is your new home.” Kyungsoo says carrying Jaehyun into the apartment with Baekhyun and Chanyeol following behind him. Kyungsoo gives Jaehyun a tour of the apartment even though he knows Jaehyun has no clue what is going on and has actually fell asleep in Kyungsoo’s arms.

For the rest of the day, Kyungsoo sits on the couch holding Jaehyun and taking care of him. His two friends stay until late in the night making sure Kyungsoo and the baby are ok, having dinner, then leaving when it is time to put Jaehyun to bed.

Kyungsoo is laying on the bed with Jaehyun when Kyungsoo receives a new message on his phone.

“Baby, look at who just messages me. It’s daddy’s soulmate.”

    From: Jongin

Are you free tomorrow? I don’t have work and would like to meet up and get to know more about my soulmate.

    From: Kyungsoo

Yes, I am free. Let’s meet at my apartment tomorrow around noon.

Kyungsoo sends his address to Jongin and Jongin replies with a happy face and saying that he will be there tomorrow and good night.

“Baby, what do you think of Jongin?” Kyungsoo asks his newborn son. “I think he will fit nicely into our lives. I like him a lot already. Do you think that he will allow you to call him daddy too?”

******

“Good afternoon Jongin.” Kyungsoo says as he opens the door and lets Jongin inside his apartment.

“Good afternoon. Where’s Jaehyun?” Jongin asks looking around the apartment when he doesn’t see Kyungsoo holding Jaehyun.

“He is laying on his baby mat in the living room.” Kyungsoo guides Jongin to where Jaehyun is laying and both sit down on the floor.

“He is so cute!” Jongin coos as Jaehyun is looking around and flaying his limbs around.

“He is.” Kyungsoo agrees giving Jaehyun one of his fingers to hold onto. “It’s so weird not being pregnant anymore though. I feel like something is missing.”

“A lot of mothers, and carrier fathers, say that after giving birth. You get so used to carrying the baby inside for 9 months that you forget what it feels like to not be pregnant anymore. It will fade after a few weeks.” Jongin explains.

“It’s safe to assume that you’re not a carrier.” Kyungsoo says. “But why do you work in the hospital with pregnant people and newborns? Usually non-carrier males are not interested in that stuff.”

“I’ve grown up with two older sisters that would always baby me so I guess I’m not the typical macho, masculine male like most men are. I always liked helping my sisters with their pregnancies and help take care of their babies when I was younger. I love children too and always knew that I wanted to have a family one day. From there, I decided to study neonatology and obstetrics while in university and medical school. From there I became an Obstetrician, with a focus in male pregnancy, and I help in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) whenever I am needed to help with ill or premature babies.”

“Wow. That’s impressive.” Kyungsoo is blown away and thinks that he hit the jackpot with his soulmate. “I could never work in the medical field. I was always too stupid for math, science, medicine, etc. I’m more of a creative, musical person.”

“That’s really cool! If I failed at being a doctor, I would have gone on to be a dancer. I love dancing! What do you do for a living then?”

“I write songs and sometimes produce songs for SM Entertainment.” Kyungsoo says simply but Jongin has a different reaction.

“You write songs for SM?! That’s amazing!! I love dancing to SM songs. What songs did you do?”

“Ahh there’s so many. But if you see a song that has the name D.O. then those are the ones I did.”

“You’re D.O.?!” Jongin screams even more. Kyungsoo nods. “My favorite songs are ones from D.O.! I’m such a huge fan! Oh my god! I can’t believe my soulmate is D ing O! And I delivered his baby!” Jongin shouts to himself and Kyungsoo can only laugh. His soulmate is too cute as he fanboys over Kyungsoo even though Kyungsoo is a behind the scenes celebrity. He does not like the world knowing everything about him so he kept himself extremely private from the public.

“It seems like we both have good heads on our shoulders.” Kyungsoo comments. “I create songs and you help new life. Best of both worlds.”

Jaehyun decides to interrupt them by starting to cry and Kyungsoo freezes. He never knows what to do when Jaehyun cries. Jongin notices Kyungsoo’s hesitation and laughs. Jongin leans closer to Jaehyun and sniffs. “I think he needs to be changed. Have you had experience changing him yet?”

“I did it once this morning when we woke up.” Kyungsoo says gathering Jaehyun in his arms and taking him to the nursey’s changing table. Jongin follows him and helps Kyungsoo if he needs it when changing Jaehyun.

Once that is done, they start putting together lunch and sit down to eat it while Jaehyun is back on his baby mat.

“So what are your thoughts on us being soulmates?” Jongin asks out of nowhere shyly.

Kyungsoo was not expecting this talk so soon so he is taken back. “I’ll be honest and straightforward because this is awkward at first since we just met the other day and don’t know each other very well yet. I’m happy that you are my soulmate and I instantly started to have feelings for you. And everytime we talked, I have start to fall for you even more.”

“Oh thank god! I thought I was the only one who developed these feelings so quickly.” Jongin says happily.

Kyungsoo smiles. “No more awkwardness, okay? We both accept the fact that we are soulmates, have feelings for each other, and will spend the rest of our lives together. No need to be shy around each other anymore. Feel free to ask me anything.” Jongin agrees.

“So I guess we can count this as our first date?” Jongin asks.

“Yes. I would like that.”

“Since there is no more awkwardness, can I ask you about how Jaehyun was conceived? I have been very curious about that. It’s not every day that someone delivers their soulmates baby when meeting their soulmate for the first time.”

“Well it’s not a very interesting and kind of sad story. Baekhyun took me to a club, I got angry at him for dragging me there for a stupid reason, met a guy when I was leaving, he offered me free drinks, we got drunk and went back to his house. I don’t remember it but the next morning he told me that he didn’t use a . I thought it was fine. I had multiple one night stands before that didn’t use a and all was fine since I had a low chance of getting pregnant. But that guy’s got through and 8 and a half months later, Jaehyun is laying in my living room, being adorable and blowing mouth bubbles.”

“That’s good that you love Jaehyun even though he was a result of a one night stand.” Jongin says. He has seen so many people that were in Kyungsoo’s situation and decided to give the baby to another family or an adoption organization because they could not love that baby like ones that were planned. That really tells Jongin a lot about Kyungsoo.

“But do you ever think of having more children?” Jongin asks a little nervously.

“Do you want a child Jongin?” Kyungsoo meets his eyes.

“Yes, I always wanted children of my own. I think that we would create cute babies.”

“Well, if it’s with you, I wouldn’t mind but be aware that it may be hard for me to get pregnant again... Now it’s my turn to ask a very important question. Will you raise and love Jaehyun as if he is your own?”

“Of course! I would be honored to help you raise Jaehyun and be his other parental figure.”

Kyungsoo lets out a sigh of relief. “I know it’s early, pretty quick, and not typically asked on the first date, but would you like to stay the night?”

“I would love that. And it’s perfect because I don’t have to work tomorrow.”

And for the rest of the day, Jongin and Kyungsoo get to know each other more while playing with Jaehyun. They talk about anything and everything. From their pasts to their ideal future, cheesy words to what they like during and everything in between. For both of them, it starts to feel like they have known and been with each other their entire lives. Everything feels so natural.

That night, after getting Jaehyun and themselves ready for bed, all three of them are laying on Kyungsoo’s bed. Jaehyun in the middle and Kyungsoo and Jongin on either side of him, facing and staring at each other.

Jongin brings his hand up and runs his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair. “You are so beautiful. I’m so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with you.” Jongin whispers and gives Kyungsoo a small smile. “Is it okay if I kiss you?” Kyungsoo doesn’t have control over his speaking part of his brain right now so he can only nod.

Jongin leans over Jaehyun, who is fast asleep, and lightly places his lips on Kyungsoo’s. It feels so amazing and he can’t believe that he gets to do this every day.

When Jongin pulls away and lies back on his side, he sees that Kyungsoo is smiling and starting to tear up. He uses his thumb to whip away the tears when they fall from Kyungsoo’s eyes.

For Kyungsoo, his whole life has been extremely difficult but now the universe, fate, or whatever higher power is finally smiling down on him and gave him a beautiful baby and a perfect soulmate that he silently vows to love more than anything else.

******

Did you enjoy this story? It was so fun to write! This story is almost 15 pages long! that is the longest one-shot story I have ever written! Please let me know what you think about this story! And please look forward to an epilogue that will hopefully be out soon! 

Forgive me if any of the medical or music industry terminology or other stuff is wrong, I do not study those areas.

I would like to give a big thanks my mutual on Twitter who gave me this to write! I hope that I did not let you and your vision for this story down!

Follow me on Twitter for more of my stuff along with constant (re)tweets about Kaisoo, Hunhan, and EXO! I would love to have more Kaisoo, Hunahn, and EXOL mutuals!

Also, please check out my other one-shots along with my chaptered Kaisoo story! And look forward to the epilogue of this story and my chaptered Hunhan story which will be coming soon!

Thank you for reading!