Painful petals of love

Petals of Unrequited love

Jimin and Jungkook first met when Jimin's elder brother Seokjin and Jungkook's older brother Namjoon decided to have a movie night together.

Jimin was enamoured by Jungkook's beauty at the first sight.His button nose , his perfectly chiseled jaw everything about him was so beautiful for Jimin.

But there was one problem.

Jungkook was straight.

And taken by a girl called Chaeyeong ,whom he loved very much.

It was pretty evident from the very first day that Jungkook saw Jimin as an older brother and nothing more.

But Jimin mistook all the affection and sweet talks as something more than brotherly affection.In his mind Jungkook's actions came across as romantic.

Giving him hope that maybe..

Maybe he might be bi or gay ??

But he was so wrong..

He understood this when he was in the middle of his dance practice and he felt something rising up the back of his throat.

That was when he coughed up  beautiful red petals of Amaryllis  for the first time. A flower which symbolic of splendid beauty. It is also used to indicate worth beyond beauty.

He remembered speaking to Jungkook one time and he knew that his favourite flower was Amaryllis.

Perfectly true!! Jimin would agree any day that Jeon Jungkook was one of the most beautiful people he had come across in his life.

He was absolute perfection in his eyes.Everytime he looked at him he fell in love more and more.

Jungkook was too oblivious to this and failed to see how Jimin's eyes shone when he looked at him.

How his every touch send goosebumps down the boys body.

How much Jimin fell in love with him.

Unrequited love.

Jimin was no stranger to unrequited love.He had seen it happen so many times before and it never ended well.He never knew it would happen to him and also in the worst way possible.

If it was any other person Jimin would have confessed but this was Jungkook ,who was the younger brother of the guy his brother was going marry !!

Everyone knows what happens when
you confess to the person who has no feelings and the person rejects you.

You die a very painful death after heartbreak.

Jimin wasn't worried about heartbreak or death.

He was more worried about the aftermath of it.If he died Seokjin would blame Jungkook and it would cause a very big clash among the soon to be couple.

So, Jimin did what he thought was best.

He hid his feelings from everyone.

Bearing the pain alone.

Everytime he saw the boy with his lover , he coughed up the beautiful petals of Amaryllis.

It hurt like a .

He tried so hard to not let anyone know but eventually truth will out someday or another.

They were on a picnic the five of them , Namjin , Jimin, Jungkook and his girlfriend.

Everything was going pretty well until the couples decided to go for a walk leaving Jimin to walk alone.

He went the way Jungkook went unknowingly.

But his heart broke into a million pieces when he saw the said boy kissing the girl passionately while holding her petite waist.

He hadn't meant to witness it....

but he did.

He couldn't lie .It hurt so much to see the only person he had ever loved holding someone else in his arms.

Where he belonged ...

He felt a familiar rush in the back of his throat and immediately rushed towards a secluded area where he threw up around 20 -30 petals.

All the throwing up left his throat parched and scratchy.

He wasn't done yet.His mind couldn't stop replaying the scene from before.

Jungkook looked so happy while sharing the kiss with the girl.

If only he was in her place.

Unknown to him Namjoon and Seokjin had seen him cough up the flowers.

Namjoon knew those were the Amaryllis flower petals that his brother loved oh so much.

Jimin couldn't stop coughing up.As soon as he coughed up some , they were immediately followed by more and more.

It was getting increasingly uncomfortable for him .The flowers were choking him and constricting his breathing.

Seeing him in agony and pain the couple rushed towards him to help him out.

"Jimin-aah who is it ?? Tell me please ...,"Jin said soothing his back.

"Hyung its u-hh nothing just forget about it ...,"Jimin said trying to push the elder away.

"No !!! Tell me !! How can you hide this from me ??? Did you forget what happened to Taehyung ?? I already lost him !! I can't lose you too Jimin ..please just tell me ..who is it ??," Jin said sobbing while hugging the smaller tightly.

Jimin seeing his elder brother cry because of him couldn't hold in anylonger and burst out crying.

"Hyung...please don't cry because of me please ..."

"Jimin , Jin and i are very much worried about you please tell us who is the one ?? Maybe we could help ??"

"No!! You don't understand !! You can't help me....its ....its Jungkook ..,"Jimin said before he fell on his knees sobbing.

The couple did not expect this.

And they knew better than giving him false hope because Jungkook loved Chayeong very much and he wasn't gay.

"Jimin-aah please get the operation done ...please baby please i can't lose you too after Taehyung..,"Jin pleaded with tears in his eyes.

"Hyung , now i understand what Taehyung did what he did.He said he couldn't get the operation done because he would rather die than forget about Yoongi hyung and i agree now that iam in the same position. I would rather die peacefully than forget about Jungkook and give with empty feelings.This love that i have for Jungkook cannot be forgotten and hyung i know that he may never love me but still i stand by my decision.
I know what happened to Taehyung broke you apart but hyung , iam my own person and i chose this for myself and i will deal with it ," Jimin replied defiantly.

Seeing the determined glint in the boy's chocolate brown eyes , Namjoon and Jin knew that whatever they tried they could never persuade him.Jimin had made up his mind and he was going to stand by his decision.

There after started the painful time for Jimin .Everytime he saw the raven- haired boy he coughed up beautiful petals of unrequited love.

Day by day the flowers in his lungs were increasing.There was almost a garden in his lungs , all of his friends now knew except Jungkook.

Jungkook loved Chayeong alot and so it was not very likely that he would notice the longing stares Jimin gave him.

The love Jimin had for Jungkook was growing day by day along with the pain.

He knew he was reaching the end when a certain day he coughed up petals along with blood.

Yes, blood.

To say that he was scared would be an understatement.He was absolutely terrified.He had chosen this path for himself.

A path towards self-destruction.

It would be a lie , if he said he hadn't considered getting an operation before.

But everytime he did ,Jungkook's face appeared infront of his eyes and he just couldn't do it.

He was filling his lungs with dirt and flowers just in hope.

Hope , a tiny one that maybe the said  boy will love him.

But it wasn't the case , the amount of petals he coughed up day by day were increasing. It was a familiar feeling now  and he was used to it.

But his body couldn't take it anylonger and he was becoming weak day by day.

One day ,while the 5 of them were out shopping Jimin felt the familiar urge at the back of his throat.So, he rushed towards the toilets and coughed up the lovely red petals of Amaryllis.

Jimin's sudden departure had made Jungkook very curious.So, he decided to go see before Namjoon could stop him.

When he entered the toilets ,he saw the stall which was locked from inside.It was probably the one Jimin was in.

"Jiminiee hyung?? Are you there ?? Are you okay ?? Do you need help ??," Jungkook asked worried for the boy.

Not hearing a response he decided to knock louder.

He had been knocking and shouting for 10 minutes straight and hearing no response made him anxious.

He shoved at the door hard and it creaked a little , with one hard push the door opened.

But he wasn't ready for the sight that greeted him.

There he lay on the dirty toilet floor unconscious with petals of Amaryllis scattered all over the floor and his body.

"JIMIN !!!!!," Jungkook screamed before kneeling down and shaking the said boy to wake him up.

But Jimin didn't budge.Jungkook checked his breathing.The boy was  barely breathing .There was no time to waste he picked the said boy up and rushed to the nearest hospital.

While the doctors checked up on Jimin, Jungkook took the time to process his thoughts.

Jimin had hanahaki !!

And the petals of the flower were that of Amaryllis!!!

His favourite flower.What did this mean ??

He had already called Namjoon and Jin and they were coming.Maybe , they knew.

"Jungkook what happened !??! Where's Jimin?? Is he okay ??,"Jin asked as soon as he saw Jungkook.

"I dunno hyung i was hoping you could tell me !! Did you know he had hanahaki ??!,"Jungkook asked barely trying to control himself.

"Yes, Kook-ah.Iam sorry i didn't tell you earlier.I didn't want to worry you"

"What the hyung??! Don't you know how much i care about Jiminie hyung.How could you do this ??? Who is the person ??! Tell me i--"

"Mr.Jimin has gained consious.You may visit him,"the nurse said interrupting the arguement.

Jungkook immediately rushed inside to see Jimin sitting on the bed with a weak smile on his face.

"Hyung are you okay ??! Why didn't you ever tell me ??!!"

"Aah ~ i didn't want to bother you Kook-aah .Besides Chayeong doesn't really like me spending time with you ..,"Jimin said looking straight at Jungkook who looked down in shame.

"Hyung the flowers were --"

"Amaryllis , i know Jungkook.I am sorry ....,"Jimin said finally confessing his feelings for the boy and bursting into tears.

Jungkook was surprised but why didn't it feel weird or disgusting.

It felt nice .

Not finding any response from the other side jimin felt like he had ruined everything. He had ruined the relationship they had and he was about to apologise when Jungkook replied "I never knew , hyung...why didn't you tell me ??"

"How could i tell you Jungkook?? You love Chayeong ??! It would break her apart ..."

!! Jungkook had totally forgotten about Chaeyeong at the mall.

"Jiminie hyung we will talk in a bit.I will be right back hyung.Don't go anywhere !!!,"Jungkook said befire rushing out like a madman from the hospital.

When Jungkook had left Chayeong at the mall so suddenly she was worried and tried to call Jungkook but his phone was switched off.

Jungkook arrived at mall in the search for Chayeong and after what seemed like hours for Jungkook he found her sitting on the bench in a corner sobbing silently.

"Chayeong!!! iam so sorry!! I left you , but it was an emergency babe "

"Jungkook-aah ,"Chayeong gasped while hugging him tightly.

"Why are you crying ??! What happened  babe??,"Jungkook asked alarmed.

"Jungkook you remember Yugyeom ??? The guy i used to love before ??"

"Yeah i do .What about him?? Apparently he loves me back , now that iam with you....and i---"

"You still love him.. don't you Chayeong ?? "

"Iam sorry Jungkook-aah ...,"Chayeong replied tears streaming down her face.

Jungkook should have felt heartbroken or sad but he didn't. Instead he felt happy .

Happy for Chayeong.

"Chayeong don't be sorry.I know he was your first love and it isn't to forget your first love.So, don't worry and go get your man.Imma support ya .We can still be friends !!," Jungkook replied smiling at the distraught girl.

"Thank you Jungkook-aah.I hope you find someone better than me ...soon "

Jungkook nodded and smiled at her.

Jungkook didn't understand why didn't he feel sad or depressed.He had just broken up with his girlfriend.

Didn't he love her ??

Or did he mistake love for attraction??

Probably the latter.

Now , that Chayeong was no longer in his life.He thought about his preferences and realised Jimin needed him.

He immediately rushed to the hospital  and found Jimin in the same position that he had left him in surrounded by Namjoon and Jin.

"Hyungs i would like to speak to Jiminie hyung alone ...please??"

The couple seeing the seriousness in the boy's eyes merely nodded and left the room.

Jimin meanwhile couldn't look the boy in his eyes.

Jungkook pulled up a chair next to the hospital bed and with his index finger gently tipped up the boy's chin.

"Hyung ??"

"Hmm"

"Do you really love me ??"

When Jimin nodded , Jungkook cupped his cheeks making him look straight at him.

"Hyung i want to hear you, tell me "

"I--uh i love you Jungkook-aah, "Jimin said confessing looking at the younger with tears glistening in his eyes.

"I may not love you yet hyung but iam willing to try...for you.Because i dont think i can imagine life without you my mochi ,"Jungkook said without breaking the eyecontact with the smaller.

"But-- Chayeong --"

"Don't worry about her hyung.Thats a story for another day. If you don't mind hyung i would like to try something , stay very still okay ??,"Jungkook asked as Jimin nodded.

Jungkook slowly cupped the boys face and leaned in closer as Jimin's breath hitched at the proximity.

Jimin could feel Jungkook's cold minty breath hit his lips before the boy gently pressed him lips onto his.

The next few seconds went by in a blur.Jimin pulled the boy closer and kissed him back. Jungkook couldn't help but think that this was so right.
Jimin's lips pressed against him felt so much more better than Chayeong's. Jungkook couldn't get enough of the smaller's lips and didn't want to pull away.

But he had to since human beings need to breath and Park Jimin was human after all.

Jimin was now blushing furiously and Jungkook's mind was in a daze.He kept touching his lips where Jimin's lips had been just a few seconds ago making Jimin giggle at him.

Park Jimin was like a drug to Jungkook.Now that he had a taste.He wanted more.

As he looked at the boy with pupils blown the said boy mirrored the same before leaning in and kissing him again.

The kiss made Jimin's toes curl up and make him feel all warm and fuzzy from inside.He was about to pull away when Jungkook grabbed his lower lip between his teeth and pulked him back kissing him feverishly.

As the two pulled away gasping heavily , Jungkook spoke up first.

"Hyung i have always heard of love at first sight ...but is there such a thing as love at first kiss???"

Jimin's eyes shone in love as he smiled brightly and hugged the boy tightly while crying.

"You don't have to do this Jungkook-aah ....i--"

"Shh i want to ---"

"But you don't love me..."

"I think i might.Do you feel the urge to cough up ??"

When Jimin shook his head in response Jungkook replied.

"See ?? I always had strong feelings for you too hyung.But i never gave a name to them. Maybe it was love all along and i being a coconut head didn't realise or needed a kiss to realise it.So, hyung are you willing to give me a chance to fall in love with you ???," Jungkook asked.

"Yes yes yes!!! A million times yes !!,"Jimin said tears of happiness running down his cheeks.

Jungkook couldn't be more happy , he pulled the boy into his arms as he kissed his soft hair.

Who knew something as simple as a petal of a flower could bring them together.

It took Jungkook only seconds to realise that he was indeed in love with older all along .He just needed a flick on his forehead to realise it.

Jungkook cupped Jimin's face and slowly kissed the tears away before kissing him passionately on the lips.

_________________The End_____________