Chapter 1

Surreal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1
Satan's Spawn

Why do vacations always felt so short and fast? Urgh. 

It's haven't been a week since I left China. You might think that it's a polluted country-- well, partially true, but there are still breath-taking provinces that are undiscovered. And I live for it. Too bad, time haven't give me the chance to discover other of them. Maybe, next time. Next time, I will.

Without enthusiasm, I've returned to my higgledy-piggledy countryland, South Korea. To inform you all, our country is now under a massive economic crisis. It was all over the news lately. Thank god, my family were not heavily affected by this, except for me, ofcourse. Good thing that my grandma joined my parents who were residing the nearby East-Asian country. 

Unfortunately, I have to witness the daily struggling of people with their liabilities by my pair of eyes. Several large banks went bankruptcy and eventually closed it. Businesses went into a downhill. Expansionary Fiscal Policy was urgently implemented, in hoping for an economic progress.

Some covetous entrepreneurs took advantage of our country's desolated situation. So they raised the prices of their products too high for an avererage consumer like me. They know how to play games well, knowing that shortage is one of the problems. But I extremely abhor that kind of act.

I shooked my head.

This economic issue is stressing me out. In fact, I'm not even a business major or any courses related to finance. Not even a journalist. The truth is that, the course that I took is very far from those mentioned above.

Perhaps, that's what I get for being involved too much in business world.

Before my parents became a worker in China, they actually own a poultry in our hometown, Sanbon-dong. Everything in the business was going fine not until Avian Influenza took over our place. Government forced poultry owners on our area to kill the chicken before it would spread nationwide-- well, in exchange of compensation money that didn't even reach the amount of the chickens we've lost. This results in to a bankrunptcy.

The poultry owners tried to fit the cash they've received into saving their business. Others managed to saved their business. Others failed. As for my parents, they used the money in to preparing a new life, a new work, in China (which at that time has a great economy). My parents educational background were so great that they're so confident getting a job there, not to mention their fluency in Mandarin. 

Through my father's hardwork, he ended up as CMO in Zhong Corporation. Dad started as a regular office worker like everyone. Little by little, those promotions he acquired over the past years took him to the position where he was right now. While Mom is a supervisor on a well known mall in Shanghai.

So if you'd look at it closely, my family background is so well involved in the business industry.

There are still some days left before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter