》序幕

Surreal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The shivering cold climate here in Harbin never ceased me from taking outdoor trips. If the weather doesn't today, plenty of marvelous places I could explore within this day. Thanks to the not so extreme version of winter season, I couldn't pay a visit to the Citrus plantation I cherished the most.

At times like this, I should be insouciant whilst spending the remaining time of my teenage years. I sped up the car. It felt like having a race against the blistering time. But ofcourse, I can't beat it even this fast. No one could.

I hate that time flew so fast that moments later, I'd be a twenty-year-old woman. A woman that would no longer stay at her grandmother's crib.

So I came up with a short trip on this foreign country that I treated as my second home, China. And that's why I borrowed this Mustang Sports Car from my older brother who was hesitant at first, doubting my driving skills.

The red light flickered.

"How many places I've been today?" I let out a rhetorical question while recalling the cities I went. This foolish trip has a ten destinations. But limited time. So far I reached nine. One last destination and I'm done: and that's home.

Upon crossing the intersection, a familiar person popped out on my sight. A young boy who was waiting outside the building. Impatience was imprinted on his huge face-- as what he claims to be. But it's cute.

I stopped the car immediately in front of the building which earned a suspicious look from him. I lowered down the car window and flashed a smirk, boasting up this car I've borrowed.

"Noona!" He shrieked in excitement.

"Hop in! I'll be your personal driver for today, my precious kiddo." I joked followed by our short giggles. He went inside and shared his long tiring day he've spent on his father's office. I'm also driving him home as he wished to his father to give their drivers a rest.

Along the trip, he opened up about their father and son quarrel regarding business matters.

"Don't get me wrong, noona... I mean I love Math---"

"You mean money,"

"Yes, and Math itself. But I hate business. I hate being imprisoned in a four walled room. I hate attending formal events. Wearing tuxedos. The formalities. Except for one thing--"

"Playing various instruments and singing in the stage on every business event, right, Chenle?" 

"Dang! You knew me too well, noona. That's why you're my favorite sister. Look, it's have always been my dream to be a musician. A promin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter