blooms throughout

Spring Winds Carry The Scent Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though the theatre was right beside the dance hall, Mina found herself frozen outside the entrance even as the bell rang. Up until now, she had spent her time trying not to think about this class. But now she was rooted in fear and trepidation. If not for the class being key to her specialization, she would drop it without a second thought - for the past year and a half it had been a prison for all of the girl’s anxieties. It wasn’t that she had a problem with the teacher, Jung Soojung, or even the curriculum, even despite its’ social nature proving challenging for Mina.

It was a minor, yet an extremely important detail that kept the omega distressed. A detail that she tried her best to ignore, yet now was going to have to face head-on. Despite how important it was to her schooling, she sometimes found herself thinking about discarding the class anyways, no matter how badly it would look on her transcripts. There was always the option to take more dance classes alongside Momo...

She sighed. There was nothing Mina could do about the situation laid out before her and she knew it. With any luck, maybe the sources of her discontent had decided not to take another year of theatre. After the events earlier in the day, that slim hope was all Mina could hold onto. Mustering what confidence she could, the omega took a deep breath, forced her best smile, and walked into the room.

Instantly, a set of dark eyes pierced Mina. Her blood ran cold.

There was only one thing worse than being in the same room as Im Nayeon, and that was being in a room with Im Nayeon and Yoo Jeongyeon. Suddenly finding it hard to breathe steadily, the omega’s heart beat sporadically within her chest. Simultaneously, half of the class’ heads turned, filling Mina with even greater dread as a near-whine escaped . Of course, things weren’t bad enough - the entirety of the class had to be alphas as well. The terrible feeling swirling within Mina’s gut wasn’t the least bit alleviated by a friendly smile and beckoning motion from Joy. Nonetheless, with nowhere else to go, greeted with Nayeon’s impassive stare and Jeongyeon’s complete avoidance of her gaze, Mina retreated to where Joy was sitting with Chungha.

“Hey,” Mina winced at the wavering of her own voice.

“Afternoon, Mina-ssi,” Chungha replied carefully, making a pointed effort not to stare at Mina in quite the way the rest of the class was. Despite her cool exterior, she at times had difficulties around Mina and Sana - so for the most part, Chungha did her best to give them ample space.

“You smell like the inside of a candy store.” Joy laughed, “You’re really that scared, huh?”

Mina remained silent, rubbing the back of her neck in an attempt to lessen her scent. She sometimes wished that her pheromones were a little more normal. Most omegas in movies smelt like flowers, or something herbal and elegant. Sana smelt like flowers, of all things. But Mina had to smell like pure liquid sugar as if she was a five-year-old who had raided a cookie jar.

“Honestly, it’s understandable. If looks could kill, Nayeon would have quite the talent as an assassin.” Chungha’s voice had a slight waver to it, causing her to clear . “I don’t understand what happened between you two, but she knows better than to bother you with us around.” As if to prove her point, the alpha tilted her head towards the senior, who had turned her attention away from them. That declaration was enough to get a rise out of the omega.

“Nothing happened!” Mina exclaimed, slightly too loudly. “It’s complicated. But I hear she’s very nice… I’d like to be able to see that side of her, but some things don’t work out so easily.”

Joy pat Mina on the shoulder. “Well, you’re always welcome to hang out with us. Or hide behind us. Whichever you prefer, Mina. Once Soojung-nim walks in fifteen minutes late, nobody will pay you any mind.”

Chungha nodded solemnly, “I think half of the students here are taking this class just to spend time in the same room as the school’s most desired omega.” The blunt statement was met with a disbelieving glare from Mina, prompting the alpha to clarify, “That’s not why I’m taking this class! I don’t even like omegas like that.”

“But… you’re an alpha?”

“Yeah, so? You’re an omega, and you don’t like alphas. It’s no different.” Chungha clarified simply, putting Mina’s concern to rest. “It’s just easier that way.”

“Well, when you put it like that…” Mina started, when the young teacher walked in, uncharacteristically only five minutes late.

“Alright, time for icebreakers. No complaining, and no half-assing.” The acting instructor took a long draw from her coffee, before perching on the edge of a stool at the front of the stage. “Oh, and, welcome to a new year.”

 After a half hour of introductions and general acting warm-ups, Mina found herself slightly more at ease. Chungha and Joy offered an intimidating enough front that none of their classmates felt comfortable staring at the omega, even when Mina’s habitual bashfulness kicked in whenever she was prompted to speak. Even Nayeon avoided glaring, for the most part.

Then Gangsa Soojung brought that protective bubble crashing down. “We’re going to break off into paired exercises now. Choose quickly, but carefully. This will be your partner for the whole semester. Let’s go.” Mina balked, Soojung’s words sending another jolt of fear through her. She stared at the ground, not liking either of the results laid before her.

Joy began to speak, “Chungha can find another partner Mina, it’s okay.” That was the first result - pity. That result was unacceptable. No matter how bad the alternative was, Mina still had her pride. She shook her head firmly.

“Don’t worry, I can find my own.” Her soft voice betrayed Mina’s false confidence, but before Joy could protest, she rose to her feet and offered the pair a short bow. “I’ll talk to you guys later.” With that statement, Mina her heel, choosing the marginally less wounding option of approaching Soojung for a partner assignment, hesitating slightly when she noticed the instructor was distractedly perusing a script.

Yet that hesitation was all another, equally uncertain student needed to approach Mina in kind.

“Hello, Myoui Mina-ssi?” A blonde freshman bowed to her, voice firm yet gentle. “My name is Hwang Eunbi. We had dance class together just before this. I was wondering if you had a partner yet?” The slight smell of burning floated through Mina’s senses. Despite that sign of nervousness from the younger girl, her tone held steady and her gaze was warm and certain. Definitely a young alpha, full of confidence and promise.

Before a chance to respond arose, Soojung noticed their presence. “I see you girls have found a partner. Mina, be sure to take care of your hubae --” She faltered momentarily in surprise, staring at the freshm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter