this familiar feeling

Spring Winds Carry The Scent Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So the primer that's totally been sitting completed since this fic started (my bad) is now unhidden! Nifty! There's a few plot hints in there, so it's worth a read even if you're familiar with the typical omegaverse tropes. Hopefully another update will be here this weekend, if my attention span agrees with me. 

Momo hadn’t been waiting long when the other two Japanese students emerged from their personal changeroom. Sana had assured Mina multiple times that despite her thoughts to the contrary, no one would be able to tell that she had cried. The only thing that might be suspect was that Mina smelled a lot like Sana as a result of their shower proximity and shared shampoo. But that wasn’t so awful a fate, and regardless, Momo seemed completely oblivious to anything smell-related.

Even with Sana’s reassurances, Mina had trouble meeting Momo’s gaze fully. Her shyness must have been noticed in some respect, as soon Momo reached for her hand. The action would have embarrassed Mina had it been anyone else, yet now she allowed it to be held. In a way, she almost welcomed it - even after a full-scale emotional breakdown, Momo continued to be as affectionate and clingy as before. As they walked back into the main school building, a distant part of Mina listened as the other Japanese students chatted excitedly about one thing or another. Despite Mina’s melancholy mood, the world spun madly on.

“No way, jokbal is way better than cheese kimbap. Are you crazy?” The absurd argument suddenly brought Mina’s attention back to full.

“Please stop arguing about food, I didn’t eat lunch and there’s still two hours before I can go home and feed myself,” Mina whined, a pang of hunger suddenly coming to the forefront of her mind.

“Oh , right. At least Jihyo and I managed to grab sandwiches,” Sana winced.

“Eh? You didn’t eat at all? How are you gonna get through another hour of exercise?” Momo stopped dead in her tracks, shaking their linked hands in a panic.

“Ah, don’t worry about it, Momo. It’ll be okay so long as I don’t make a habit out of it. At least we don’t have AP dance today.” The omega reassured the frantic older girl.

Momo looked at her skeptically. Mina’s stomach took the opportunity to growl softly, to the laughter of Sana. “Oh yeah, totally okay.”

Momo ran a hand through her dark bangs. “Just.., if you get woozy let me know. I’ll dance twice as hard for you so Hyoyeon-nim will let you take a snack break!”

“I… don’t think that’s how it works, Moguri.” Mina grinned at Momo’s dismay, squeezing their hands in comfort.

“No, it’ll totally work,” Sana insisted. “Momo and I will dazzle Hyoyeon with our moves so you can escape to one of the vending machines and be back before she notices!” Sana declared, earning a small cheer from Momo in agreement.

“Alright, deal.” Mina giggled at their antics. “But only because I’d want to see you two perform a pas de deux.” She winked conspiratorially.

“A what?” The duo cried in unison.

While ballet was on the agenda, fortunately, Hyoyeon decided to start the year off with only simple exercises. Momo was far from the only new student, as several freshmen were also enrolled in the shared-grade class, as well as a couple students who were taking the class for the first time. Among the two dozen enrolled were the younger trio from lunch. After Hyoyeon finished demonstrating a few barre routines, Mina took the opportunity provided to approach the girls and formally apologize for the strange encounter with Nayeon.

“Mianhaeyo,” The class councilmember bowed deeply to the freshmen, “I’m regretful for giving you two a poor first impression of our school. I hope you don’t take such occurrences to be the norm.” Mina then turned to Dahyun and bowed again. “And I’m sorry for letting you down, Dahyun-ah.”

Dahyun returned the bow somewhat uneasily, nodding to show she was accepting of the situation, albeit uncomfortable at the formal apology. Chaeyoung took her chance to respond, smiling kindly. “It’s alright unnie, it must have been harder for you as Nayeon-ssi’s hubae. We won’t judge anyone for what happened.” Tzuyu nodded in agreement. With that, the earlier encounter was all but forgotten, the ease at which forgiveness came quelling Mina’s nervousness.

“Thank you for your patience, Chaeyoung. If any of you ever need anything, Sana and I are always happy to help. Though…” Mina glanced around at the sizable class, “I guess nearly all the student council members are here as well.” Both freshmen seemed a bit baffled, so Mina and Dahyun took the opportunity to point out those present - there was the entirety of the senior class student council, comprised of Seolhyun, Seulgi, Wheein, and Sowon, as well as Park Chaeyoung and Jung Eunbi from the sophomore council.

“I’ve always heard that those in the performative arts tended towards leadership roles, but I never really noticed that tendency for myself until now.” Dahyun gave Mina a pointed glance.

“Hey, why are you looking at me like that? I swear, I’m a black sheep, I don’t even know why anyone voted for my appointment.” Mina blinked. Since being informed towards the end of last year that she would be joining Sana and Jihyo on their class council, she had always thought of it as a mistake - or a joke, perhaps. Yet after Yerin had stepped down from her position, Mina had earned over eighty percent of their class’ vote. She hadn’t even expressed any interest in the position, yet here she was now. Even seeing all the council members around her wasn’t enough to quell Mina’s insecurities.

“If you say so, but if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck…” Dahyun assured.

“I’m not a duck!” Mina insisted, “But I’ll see you guys around,” Mina bid the trio farewell, offering another sheepish bow that was met with a firm sigh from the sophomore.

By the time Mina made it back to her friends’ sides, Sana was still struggling to complete her barre work. Momo was also having problems, however, her issue seemed to lie in the techniques required, not so much the flexibility to pull them off. With a quiet clearing of , Mina began her exercises, hoping that the subtle example would be enough for the two to get the hang of things. Momo immediately stilled, watching Mina as she leaned forward into an arabesque, held, and then reached up and bent her leg into an attitude. She watched for several minutes, seemingly spellbound, as Sana continued struggling to her other side.

“Why is this so hard!” The vice president cried.

“Probably because you went all summer without practicing, again,” Mina answered matter-of-factly, never pausing in her warm-ups. “Remember freshman year when you finally did the splits right before Christmas, and then came back from winter break and couldn’t anymore?”

“I thought that was because of the holiday weight I gained.” Sana pouted.

“Well that too, but mainly it’s just that you never do your exercises at home. You just jump straight into dancing without warming up. It’s really a wonder you haven’t pulled a muscle yet.” Mina sighed. Beside her, Momo placed one hand on the barre and extended back into a suitable, if slightly shaky, arabesque. Mina paused in her own routine, watching.

Momo curled her leg and straightened her arm, wobbling. She flashed Mina an adorably frustrated look, her distress prompting her to assist.

“You’re not holding your abdominals tight enough. And when you go out for the attitude, you’re too relaxed, so you lose balance.” Mina circled behind her, reaching out as Momo returned to arabesque. “May I?”

“G-go ahead.” Momo’s voice wavered, struggling to hold her position. Mina reached around the other girl, holding her stomach taut as she raised Momo’s arm into the appropriate position. She felt Momo’s abs flex underneath her hand, her back straightening just slightly as a result. Heat poured off of Momo's body in wave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter