Last Breath

Wait For Me

 

I knew it was coming . I didn't expect it to take so long but nevertheless, I knew it was coming .

 

I woke up feeling sharp prickles on my chest . I felt long painful tugs on my lungs . My chest started heaving up and down painfully . My breaths turned into short pants . Every intake of oxygen was difficult and painful . I wanted to scream . To ask for your help . To ask for your assistance . To ask you to help me, hold me close, hug me tight, assure me that everything is going to be fine .

 

But I can't . I don't want you to witness my death . You don't deserve to suffer with me . I have been a huge burden to you ever since I stepped into your life . I don't want to drag you into another one of my sufferings .

 

I bit on my lip, trying my very best to keep myself from screaming and waking you up from the little rest you are having . Tears started staining my cheek . My lips started bleeding due to the pressure of my teeth . I tasted tears and blood on my tongue .

 

Out of nowhere, a bright light came shining through the windowpanes of our bedroom . It was past 3am and the moon is still up, lighting up the night sky . The light however made it look like it was daytime . It was so gorgeous that it left me in awe . For a moment, I forgot about the pain in my chest . Then, an angel walked through the light . He looked exactly like Appa . He beckoned me to come with him, a gentle and warm smile playing on his lips . Without knowing it, I was smiling too . Then he disappeared back into the light . But the light never left . Tears started streaming down my face again . Why didn't you wait for me Appa ? I missed you so much .

 

The tugging came back again . A loud gasp escaped from my lips startling you, waking you up from your sleep .

 

''Tae ? Tae . Hey, are you alright ?'' you started hovering over me, cupping my face gently .

 

The tug which came this time was much more painful . So much different than those which came before it .

 

''Ah !''another gasp escaped from my lips . Then my breathing came in short and desperate . 

 

''No Tae ! You can't ! You've came this far ! You can't just leave me alone like this ! C'mon Minnie . I know you can do this . P-p-please . Don't ."  you buried your face into my neck, muffling your sobs .

 

I felt your hot wet tears constantly streaming down my neck like a river . I took in a deep breath and your scent overwhelmed me . You lifted me off the bed and cradled me in your arms constantly murmuring my name and begging me to stay . I could hear your heart thumping at a fast speed as you rest your forehead on mine .

 

Then, it hit me . This would be the last time I would feel your strong arms enveloping me tight . This would be the last time I would listen to the sound of your heartbeats . This would be the last time I'd hear your beautiful deep husky voice . This would be the last time I have you this close to me . This would be the last time I hear you saying my name .

 

The tears came back streaming down my face, clouding my vision . You disappeared from my sight . If it wasn't for your voice constantly telling me to not leave you and the heat from your body warming me up, I would have thought that I have died .

 

"Pabo, wipe the freaking damn tears ! I can't see you !" my insides shouted .

 

As if you knew what I was saying, you kissed my tears away . Wiping away the remaining tears away from my eyes as you came back into my view . You kissed every inch of my face telling me to hang on every now and then .

 

The tugging returned . I fought against the surrounding for air . My breaths becoming short and irregular .

 

You pulled me up against your body and held my face softly, giving my forehead and each of my cheeks a light peck . You looked into my eyes for the final time while you pushed away strands of hair away from my face . I could see that you are trying to fight back your tears . You held me tighter and whispered in my ear, "I love you, Lee Taemin," . Your teeth grazed my earlobes . A tear slid down from your eyes . I wish I could reach up and kiss them away .

 

"I-I-I l-love y-y-y-you t-too C-Choi M-Minho,"I said in between every painful gasps . I smiled, knowing that the last thing I said before going was your name .

 

You smiled at me, nodding . My eyes started fluttering . I felt no more strength in my body . Like all the energy has been drained out of me .

 

You bent down and kissed me on the lips for the final time . I wish I could muster the strength to kiss you back . As you kissed my unmoving lips, I felt you murmur against them, "I love you too Lee Taemin . Forever ."

 

I smiled weakly against your lips, tasting your tears . I took my last breath with your lips on mine as you confessed your love to me for the last time .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : HI ^^ Soooooo, how was it ? I wrote it within an hour actually . I just can't sleep that night and I just felt like whipping up an angst fic so there you go :) I actually already wrote MInho's part of the story and if the response is good enough and you guys liked it, I would post it up . So please please please tell me what you think okay ? THANKS ^^