Interlude

Override

Welcome to Override. The year is 2018, and computer ethics is becoming a prevalent topic in many areas of the world today. Manufacturers scramble to develop artificial intelligence, war drones, and the like, in order to show their worth and abilities to the world powers. Technological war teeters on the brink, and Shinhwa Company is one of the largest suppliers of technological weapons. However, the world no longer heeds Isaac Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics, and sentience amongst artificial intelligence is common.

Precisely ten years ago, one man hired by Shinhwa Company to develop sentient androids disappeared without a trace. His products were seized, their memories wiped, and the existence of this man was destroyed. Now, ten years later, the life of this man is brought to the surface, exposed, in front of the world. No one knows about him, no one knows he exists, except for the ones who disposed of him.

What happened to him? Why does his story resurface now? Who even was he?

Most importantly, what connects him to the rest of the story?

 


Eh... this is basically all I have up to this point... and even this was a bit of a cop-out lol... so I probably won't be updating regularly ;;