Part 2

Can We Be Friends?

What was supposed to be lighthearted fun soon turned into a disaster...sort of. Sehun just had a little too much to drink and his drunk was just a little too much to handle. So of course the party host decided to call in the only people that could come pick up the guy who was currently passed out by the toilet.  

 

“I can’t believe that ” Tao seethed with his arms crossed in front of his chest as they walked toward the only house on the street playing obnoxiously loud music.

 

“Leave him alone man. His heart is broken.” Kai said with a smile. Kai wasn’t to mad about ditching the dance. If anything the call to pick up Sehun served as helpful way to finally leave.

 

“What broken? The guy is being a dramatic little . I told him to just talk to Luhan but nooo he decides to just drink himself numb” Tao replies angrily. But really he’s not mad either. If he was honest he could use a few drinks himself.

 

Chanyeol chuckled from behind them “Oh come on Tao you know that dance was lame as . I for one am glad to be done with it.”

 

“How were you even able to come with us?” Kai asked incredulously

 

“Yeah doesn’t Baekhyun have you on a tight leash?” Tao mocked making Chanyeol roll his eyes at him.

 

“Baek isn’t an ...he knows how important you guys are to me”Chanyeol replied with a shrug.

 

They reached the door of the party and all took a deep breath. A drunk Sehun was never an easy thing to deal with. He would either cling to all of them like a small child or like a small child be stubborn and not want to listen. It could be funny from an outsider's perspective but really it was annoying for anyone directly involved. Looking devastatingly handsome the boys marched in. Kai relished in the girls swooning at their appearance. Chanyeol tried to not make eye contact with anyone because he knew Baekhyun would find out and he really didn't want to have that type of drama in his life. And Tao did what he did best...glare at everyone and everything.

 

They found the host of the party easily who quickly directed them to the bathroom where Sehun was taking residence in. And like the host had said they found  Sehun peacefully sleeping next to the toilet.

 

Kai bent down and shook the other awake gently “Come on Sehun..wake up”

 

Sehun groaned in response but remained on the bathroom floor. Kai looked up at Chanyeol and Tao “Any ideas?”

 

Chanyeol sighed and bent down next to Kai “Sehun...Sehun come on we gotta go!”

“Go?” Sehun mumbled in his still sleeping state.

 

“Yeah buddy. It's pretty late. We need to get you home.” Chanyeol said while gently shaking the other.

 

“This is going to take forever with the way you guys are doing it” Tao whined.

 

“Well why don’t you help us come up with a faster way.” Kai said glaring up at Tao

 

Tao rolled his eyes at Kai “Fine.” he then proceeded to push between the far wall and Chanyeol's side and jostle Sehun's legs.

 

Sehun's face scrunched up in discomfort.

 

“Sehun...wake up. Luhan is looking for you” Tao spoke gently while still shaking the unconscious legs.

 

“Luhan?” Sehun asked his lips. Tao smiled over at Kai and Chanyeol in triumph.

 

“Yeah. Luhan is waiting for you outside you don’t want to keep him waiting for you do you?”

 

Sehun shook his head with eyes still closed. “Luhan.” he sighed

 

They all watched as Sehun started fluttering his eyes trying to get rid of the sleepiness.

 

“Luhan is gonna leave if you keep him waiting buddy. We have to go”

 

“No. Luhan. Stay.” Sehun mumbled finally opening his eyes. He looked around the room completely disoriented. It took everything in Kai and Chanyeol not to burst out laughing at the sight of their very drunk friend.

 

Sehun blinked a couple more times before he slowly started to sit up. Kai and Chanyeol immediately held him up.

 

“Come on bro we have to go.”

 

Sehun looked over to the familiar voice and looked confused at his friends face. “Kai?”

 

“Yeah. Chanyeol and Tao are here to” Kai replied

 

Sehun looked around the room and sure enough he saw Chanyeol and Tao looking back at him.

 

“Where’s Luhan?” Sehun slurred

“Outside. He’s waiting for you.” Tao said gently while he got up from his crouching position.

 

“Can you stand up?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Sehun nodded and slowly tried to get up. What the drunk man failed to realize was that Kai and Chanyeol had to actually pull him all the way up. Sehun was completely unstable on his own two legs and again all three of them had to fight the urge to laugh.

 

They stayed in the bathroom a little longer just to make sure Sehun could stand  on his own. As a last resort they sprinkled some water over the others face and that seemed to really do the trick.

 

“When did you guys get here?” Sehun asked leaning against the bathroom counter.

 

“Like 20 minutes ago?” Tao said unsure as he looked at Kai and Chanyeol for confirmation.

 

“Sounds about right.” Kai replied with a shrug.

 

Sehun nodded and then let out a tired sigh “Wait….is Luhan really here?”

 

“Uhhh noo he’s not.” Chanyeol said cautiously afraid of Sehun's reaction. He may have seemed lucid but they all knew better than to trust drunk Sehun's appearance.

 

“Oh.” was Sehuns only response before he pushed himself off the counter and wobbled towards the door.

 

“Sehun! What are you doing?” Tao yelled grabbing Sehun before he could reach the door.”

 

“I need to talk to Luhan.”

 

“Okay. But you can barely walk. Why don’t we wait a little?” Kai suggested but Sehun shook his head no.

 

“No. I...I have to talk to him before..it's too late.”

 

“Alright..let’s go then. Hold on to me and we’ll take you to Luhan's” Chanyeol said already grabbing onto Sehuns waist.

 

Kai and Tao instantly caught on to Chanyeol's plan and opened the bathroom door so Chanyeol could get through.

 

They made it out of the bathroom for maybe 10 seconds before everything went to . Just as they were all about to head further out into the hall way  someone yelled for everyone to get out of the house. The yelling was then accompanied by the sound of police sirens. As soon as the police sirens were heard the halls got crowded with people trying to make a break for it. In their panicked state people began to push and pull so much that Chanyeol, Kai, and Tao got separated. When they were all able to regroup they all broke out in loud laughs three blocks away from where the party had been. But when the laughter and adrenaline wore off they realized something very important. They were missing someone. Sehun. Sehun was missing!!!


 

“I thought you were holding onto him!!!” Tao yelled at Chanyeol.

 

“I was but... it all got crazy in there! I swear one second he was with me and then the next I got caught in the crowd”

 

“ guys we have to find him!” Kai yelled pacing back and forth.

 

“Let's drive around my cars somewhere on this street. He's probably walking around. I mean he’s drunk he couldn’t have gotten that far? Right?” Chanyeol said scratching his head in frustration.

 

“I sure as hell hope not” Tao said glaring at Chanyeol and taking the lead back to Chanyeol's car.

 

Chanyeol and Kai followed silently. Their thoughts all concerned with finding Sehun.


 

Luhan tossed and turned in his bed. It was already 2 in the morning and sleep was still evading him. His body was tired but his mind was wide awake. All of his thoughts centered on one person. Sehun. He knew it was wrong. He knew he should really be thinking of what he was going to say to Kris but his mind just wouldn’t shut up.

 

If he was being honest he had been thinking of the other all night. Even at the dance when he was with Kris all he could think of was Sehun. He kept hoping throughout the whole night that the other would just appear. But he didn’t. And a part of him knew that the other wouldn’t show up but still he hoped.

 

He did his best to enjoy the rest of the night. He danced. He laughed. But it was all empty. Hollow. Because the person he was dancing and laughing with wasn’t the person he wanted to be with. Throughout the night he couldn’t help but compare the last time he’d been to the dance.

 

Sehun had been his date. He remembered how dashing Sehun looked in his suit and how much the other complained about the suit being too stuffy. Luhan had endlessly throughout the night. Even though Sehun had kept up a front about the dance being lame Luhan knew the other was having a good time. They joked around, danced, sang their hearts out to random songs the dj played. It had been a wonderful evening. And by the end of the night they had shared their very first kiss.

 

Luhan touched his lips at the memory. He remembered them walking to his front door. They had been holding hands and neither of them wanted to let go. And then Sehun had just kissed him. It was so soft but so filled with emotion. It had taken Luhan's breath away.

 

But all of that was in the past now. And Luhan needed to move on. Maybe saying yes to being Kris’s boyfriend would help speed up the process….maybe...

 

Luhan's train of thought was interrupted by the sound of something tapping on his window. He shifted in his bed to stare at the window trying to see if maybe his musings had finally driven himself insane. He stared at the window in silence when suddenly something clicked against the glass. Luhan's eyes widened in surprise before he slowly got out of bed to see what was going on. He inched closer to the window slowly and again another small object hit his window.  He could feel his heartbeat racing in anticipation for what he would find on the other side of his window.

 

With determined movements Luhan pushed the rest of the curtains away and peered out his window.

 

Outside was someone he definitely was not expecting to see. He rubbed at his eyes just to make sure this wasn’t all some sick dream produced by his pathetic longing for the person standing outside.

 

“Luhan!” the person called out making Luhan snap out of his trance. With no hesitation he threw his window open and poked his head outside.

 

“Sehun?!” he whisper yelled.

 

“Lu! I need to talk to you!” Sehun yelled making Luhan cringe at how loud the other sounded.

 

“Sehun keep it down!!! My parents are sleeping...The whole neighborhood is! What are you doing here?!”

 

“I need to talk to you...come down...please?”

 

Luhan bit his lip. It seemed like this could be serious...but it was late. If his parents caught him outside he would be screwed.

 

“If you don’t come down...I’m coming up!” Sehun warned.

 

Luhan let out a tired sigh. He really didn’t need this right now.

“Alright I’m com-”

 

“Shut it! I’m coming down but this better be quick Sehun” Luhan whisper yelled angrily before shutting his window and heading for his door. This had to be some sick joke from the universe. There was no other explanation for him shuffling out of his room and tiptoeing down the stairs.

 

As Luhan reached the last step his stomach began to do somersaults. In a matter of seconds he would have face Sehun. He would actually finally see the person that had been on his mind the whole night. And he hated the bubbling excitement that crept up his back as he reached for the door. Because Sehun really should not still have this type affect on him. It just wasn’t fair.

 

Taking a deep breath Luhan turned the door handle and slowly opened the door. As soon as he got the door opened enough Sehun had made a grab for him and pulled him completely out of his house.

 

“Hey!” he yelled in shock and protest.

 

“You were taking to long! I had to do something” Sehun replied with a shrug and a smirk. The same mischievous smirk that made Luhan's hear melt.

 

“Okay well I’m here -and oh my god Sehun are you drunk?” Luhan asked outraged. How had he not noticed the swaying earlier?

 

“Noooo” Sehun said in a voice that made Luhan shake his head in disbelief.

 

“Seriously?” Luhan asked fixing Sehun with his ‘cut the bull’ look.

 

“Okay...I’m mildly drunk…-” Sehun confessed and Luhan lost it.

 

“Sehun!! What the hell! You know you’re not supposed to go out drinking! Is that why you didn’t go to the dance? Because you were planning on trashing yourself?!” Luhan could not believe this . When they were dating Luhan had gotten Sehun out of the habit of drinking himself stupid and all of that was apparently wasted effort because the moron had the audacity to turn up at his house drunk.

 

“Woah okay...I get it your mad but please don't fight with me-” Sehun tried to talk but Luhan was not having any of it.

 

“Oh my god! How did you even get here? Did you drive?! Sehun please tell me-”  Out of nowhere Sehun put a hand over Luhan's mouth immediately shutting him up. Luhan glared up at Sehun.

 

“Would you just please stop yelling at me! No I did not drive here...I walked...but that's not the point.”

 

Luhan mumbled into Sehun's hand and the other looked down at him confused before realizing he still had his hand over Luhan's mouth and quickly removed it so Luhan could speak.

 

“Alright...what is the point?” Luhan asked still glaring at Sehun. Internally he was fighting the growing urge to slap the other.

 

Sehun bit his lip in hesitation before he let out a drawn out breath. Luhan looked at him curiously. What could possibly be so important to make Sehun's drunk come all the way to his house?

 

“I love you.” Sehun finally said and Luhan’s heart almost stopped.

 

“What?”

 

“I love you Luhan.” Sehun replied confidently but Luhan was still confused. Was this really a dream? A nightmare?

 

“I...so...let me get this straight. You show up to my house drunk...because you have something important to say at 2 in the morning...and the important thing you had to tell me is that you love me?”

 

“Yes.” Sehun replied with no hesitation.

 

Luhan looked at Sehun skeptically. This was beyond ridiculous. As much as a part of Luhan was elated at Sehun's words the other part of him new better. He couldn’t just accept these words. Not when they’d only hurt when Sehun was sober again  and he denied any of this happening.

 

“Are you serious Sehun? Know what go home. Go sleep and then you can come talk to me because I really can’t do-”

 

“No wait Luhan I’m serious. I know I’m a little drunk but what I said is true. I love you.”

 

“You love me?”Luhan asked incredulously before letting out an uncomfortable laugh. “You know this is crazy right?”

 

“Yes..but it's true Lu. I love-”

 

“No!” Luhan yelled cutting Sehun off. “Stop saying that! Stop saying it like you actually mean it.” Luhan seethed. He was done. He couldn’t stand out here anymore and listen to Sehun say things he didn't actually mean.

“But I do!” Sehun yelled back desperately.

 

“Oh great! You actually do mean it. Wow and what? What am I supposed to do with this information Sehun? What is you telling me you love me supposed to do?”

 

“I...I just…” Sehun struggled with his words and ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

 

“Oh my god...I cannot believe this right now. Sehun go home. Go home and sleep. For the sake of the friendship we have don't ever say that again.” Luhan said before turning to leave but was immediately stopped by Sehun gripping onto the back of his shirt. Luhan turned to glare at the other but his eyes widened at the intensity of Sehun's gaze.

 

“Luhan wait. Please. Please hear me out. Okay?” Sehun begged.

 

Luhan stared at the other in silence before taking a deep breath and nodding so that Sehun could speak.

 

“I know...that I’ve hurt you. I know that I have ed up countless times and I’m sorry for that. And I know this is going to sound crazy to you..you might even get mad at me but you need to at least know the truth.”

 

Luhan could feel moisture collecting in his eyes and a lump in his throat. Didn’t Sehun know that this was hurting him to?

 

“I don’t want to be friends.”

 

“What?”  Luhan whispered

 

“I don’t just want to be friends with you...I never did...I just...I  just wanted an excuse to be near you again. To talk to you. And in the beginning it was fine. It was enough but then I realized how much I missed you. How much I missed us. But I was scared of saying anything because well you’d have every right to cut off our friendship. And having you as a friend was a million times better than not having you at all.”

 

Luhan stared up at Sehun in shock. He was at a complete loss on what to even say. This whole time he had thought that he was imagining all the longful looks Sehun would give him but now he’s finding out his brain hadn’t been playing tricks on him at all.

 

“So...if you were scared…” Luhan started trying his best to sound calm “why are you here now?”

 

“Because...I want you to choose me and not Kris.”

 

Luhan's eyes widened at the confession and then anger slowly started to replace the confusion “You’re telling me all this because you’re jealous of Kris aren't you?” Luhan accused

 

“No!” Sehun shouted back and rubbed at his face.

 

“I am not jealous of Kris. I’m afraid of losing you to Kris, Lu. Because I know...he’s probably a better fit for you. I know he might be the one person who won’t hurt you. I hate how much I can just see how much better of a person he is to you than I ever was.”

 

“Sehun…”

 

“No let me finish. I ed up. I’m immature and can be really ing stupid. But...I…. I Iost where I was going with this but please don’t pick Kris. Please? Or at least don’t be too mad at me when I stop talking you for awhile if you end up saying yes to him...I mean it’ll hurt like hell but we can still be friends right?”

 

“Sehun...you’re a ing idiot” Luhan chuckled. And then the tears he had been holding back trickled down his cheeks. He was glad it was dark enough that Sehun wouldn’t be able to notice.

 

“I...I know”

 

“Good. It’s good that you know that. It means there's room for improvement. Tell you what. It's getting really late and I don’t trust you’ll make it back to your house in one piece so why don’t you come with me and we talk about this in the morning?”

 

“Wait..did you hear anything I just said?”

 

“Yes. And if you remember any of this in the morning we can talk about it then.” Luhan replied crossing his arms in front of his chest. He wanted to give Sehun a real response but not when the other could literally forgot any of this ever happened. And if that was the case...he’d have no choice but to pretend it didn’t happen.

 

Sehun seemed to be contemplating Luhan's suggestion for awhile before he finally gave Luhan a nod.

 

They made it to Luhan's room with minimal noise and effort. Luhan let Sehun sprawl out on the sofa in his room and watched as the other almost immediately went to sleep. Luhan laid in his bed waiting for sleep to take him. Right when his eyes started to feel heavy he felt his phone vibrate. He thought about ignoring it but then his phone kept on vibrating so with reluctance he grabbed his phone.

 

It was Kai….Luhan looked over at Sehun and laughed to himself. Figuring Kai must be looking for Sehun Luhan decided to send the other a quick text before finally going to sleep.

When morning came Luhan had almost forgotten what had happened the night before. He was ready to believe it had all been a very vivid dream. That was until he heard soft snoring and almost fell out of his bed when he turned to see Sehun peacefully sleeping on the floor.

 

Luhan rubbed at his eyes just to make sure he wasn’t still dreaming or imagining things. When Sehun didn’t disappear Luhan accepted that his life was just an ongoing joke. If Sehun was sleeping in his room it could only mean that the other really did tell him he loved him. This of course meant that they would have to talk about it...if Sehun actually remembered any of it.

 

Running his fingers through his messy hair Luhan decided to use the bathroom to give Sehun time to wake up. And also to give himself time to think.

 

After spending a good 20 minutes in the bathroom giving himself a pep talk and practicing what he was going to say to Sehun Luhan finally felt ready. He walked back to his room with determined steps and swung the door open only to have his breath taken away along with his resolve.

 

Luhan stared wide eyed at Sehun who had sat himself on the couch. He really couldn’t understand how Sehun could look so attractive this early in the morning. Maybe it was the way the light was hitting him from the window…

 

“Good morning” Sehun husked and Luhan felt his cheeks burn. He had forgotten how wonderful Sehuns voice sounded in the morning.

 

“Umm good morning” Luhan replied dumbly. This was absolutely not how he imagined his morning going.

 

“So?” Sehun started

 

So?” Luhan echoed.

 

Neither of them really knew what to say. Sehun was dying to just ask Luhan if they were still okay after his confession and Luhan just wanted to know if Sehun remembered. They sat in awkward silence just staring at each other. When the silence got to be too much Sehun let out a drawn out sigh.

 

Luhan looked over at the other expectantly. Did Sehun remember?

 

“Are we okay?”

 

“I...that depends...do you remember anything from last night?” Luhan asked.

 

Sehun nodded “I confessed to you.”

“Then yes we’re okay.”

 

“Friends then?” Sehun asked with a sad smile. Luhan bit his lip before shaking his head no.

 

Sehun's eyes widened in surprise. “I thought you said we were okay?”

 

“We are...it's just last  night...you were the only one who confessed. I didn’t give you an answer because I wasn’t sure you’d remember it today. So basically now it's my turn to talk.”

 

“Okay…”

 

“You said you loved me last night. And that really scared me because...I wasn’t sure if you meant it like a friend or if you loved me more than a friend. But then you mentioned Kris and I thought that you were only confessing because you were jealous. It upset me. So much actually because before you even showed up I had been thinking about dating Kris.” Luhan stopped and to the untrained eye Sehun looked calm but Luhan could see the fear in the other eyes.

 

“It all felt so unfair. Here I was thinking of finally moving on and then you just waltz back claiming to love me...but the worst part was...how much I wanted to just tell you to shut up and kiss me.” Luhan confessed feeling his cheeks burn with embarrassment.  He looked over at Sehun who just sat there. Shocked. Luhan had hoped the other would speak up but it almost looked like Sehun was having some sort of mental collapse.

 

“I...look...I want to give you another chance...to give us another chance…” Luhan said feeling his heartbeat increase.

 

Sehun stared at him for a long time before he finally got up from the couch and came to stand right in front of Luhan.

 

“Are you sure? Are you absolutely positive I even deserve a second chance?”

 

Luhan nodded not being able to form words.

 

And then Sehun broke out into a breathtaking smile. Luhan didn’t even get a chance to really appreciate the others smile because all of sudden Sehun's lips were on his. So warm and familiar Luhan almost melted into it.

 

They stopped kissing only to get air back into their lungs.

 

“I guess...we really can’t be friends” Sehun whispered against Luhan's lips.

 

“Guess not” Luhan replied before kissing the other again.


annnnnnnnnd there it is. I hope you guys liked it. I didn't want to drag the story out too much because it was supposed to be a one-shot that is now cut in half because it got way too long . Thanks for reading!! Feel free to leave any comments or upvote or subscribe...ya know because its good for a writers soul...lol