First Kiss After 2 Years

First Kiss After 2 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae gulped nervously as he walked into the filming studio of Sugarman 2 with his hyungs. This was the first time he will be seeing Joy again ever since their virtual marriage ended. 

 

*Flashback*

 

Sungjae: So now that filming officially ended... Is it the end for us too...?

Joy: *Eyes still swollen from crying* I don't want it to be... 

 

Tears filled in Sungjae's eyes. He turned away to hide his tears from Joy. 

 

Joy: We'll meet again, through music shows and events...

Sungjae: We'll walk by each other backstage, and that's it...?

 

There was a dead silence between the two. They both knew this day would come, but they didn't know how much they dreaded it. Although it started off as a virtual marriage for a variety show, both of them had gradually learned to care for each other and rely on each other. Their time spent together during filming became their relax and comfort space after stressful schedules. Leaning onto each other was so natural for them. But now they could no longer do any of those things again, it was a beautiful dream, but it was time to wake up, the dream was over. Just as their marriage was virtual, their feelings were only supposed to be virtual, and as the show disappears from their schedules, everything was back to reality. 

 

Joy: It's been really great being your wife oppa

Sungjae: Same here... Now that the camera is off, I'll say this again, because I do honestly mean it... I'm glad it was you...

Joy: I'm glad it was you too... Thank you for all the wonderful memories...

Sungjae: I guess all that's left now is goodbye...

Joy: *Reluctantly* Yea... 

Sungjae: Goodbye Sooyoung-ah, take care...

Joy: Goodbye oppa...

 

With a final hug, they parted ways.

 

*Flashback*

 

They've met at various events throughout the past 2 years, but they have never even properly greeted each other, let alone film a show together. It was always super awkward, their eyes would briefly meet, and they'd walk away without another word, as if they were complete strangers. But today, they actually had to film a show together. On one hand, Sungjae was happy to finally see Joy again, but on the other hand, he was a nervous wreck. He didn't want the filming atmosphere to be awkward, he wants to be comfortable and just talk to Joy like he used to. But too much time has passed, it has already been 2 years. While Sungjae still couldn't bring himself to forget Joy, it seemed to him like Joy had already moved on, she was doing very well in terms of her career. Heck she was even kissing another guy on her drama. The thought of it left Sungjae feeling bitter.

Eunkwang, Changsub and Hyunsik glanced at Sungjae who was frozen and his lips has gone dry. Hyunsik handed him a bottle of water, and Sungjae immediately gulped down the entire bottle.

 

Changsub: Are you okay dude? You look pale

Sungjae: Huh? Yea, totally, I'm fine

Eunkwang: You sure? You know we can tell right?

Sungjae: Tell what? I'm completely fine, come on let's go get ready

 

Sungjae walked towards the waiting room and the hyungs followed. Although Sungjae claims he's alright, the hyungs knew better, and they knew exactly why Sungjae was acting this way. Over the years they've noticed that Sungjae had become more mature and often quiet, which was very unlike the usual him. He became emotional and often cried easily, while his smile began to fade day by day. The hyungs exchanged glances, worried about their maknae.

They changed into their stage outfits and began styling their hair when one by one, the hosts of the show, Yoo Jaesuk, Yoo Heeyeol, Park Narae and Joy, entered the waiting room. The BTOB members immediately stood up to greet them.

 

Eunkwang: 3, 4

BTOB Blue: Born To Beat, Hello we are BTOB~

 

After the greeting, Sungjae completely froze. His mind went blank, not knowing how to react with Joy standing right in front of him. Joy was looking better than ever. She had black shoulder length hair, with a long yellow dress. 

After all this time, she's still so pretty... 

 

Their eyes met, and in that brief moment, it felt like the room spanned around Sungjae. Even though it was just a split second. It felt like a whole minute to him. He panicked, not knowing what to do. Then he saw Joy smile at him.

Wait... Did she, did she just smile at me...?? Is it real?? Or was it just my imagination... What should I do...??

 

The others left to prepare for the show, leaving the two in the room, alone. All their previous memories rushed through Sungjae's head. It was a smile that he was so familiar with, a smile that brought him happiness, a smile that he missed a lot. 

 

Joy: It sure has been a while oppa~ Sungjae oppa? Why do you look so pale?

Sungjae: Huh? Um... Oh, uh... I'm just, a little tired...

Joy: Are you okay?

Sungjae: Yea...

 

A million thoughts were spinning in Sungjae's head. He was so used to just watching her from afar that he forgot how to talk to her. His heart was beating so quickly it was almost like he was having a heart attack.

Don't be awkward Yook Sungjae!!! Just say something!!! How can she just talk to me all of a sudden after no communication whatsoever for 2 years...?? How is it that it isn't affecting her at all...? Did she miss me at all...? Did it even bother her that I just completely disappeared from her life...? 

 

Joy: How'v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter