Chapter 2

One More Chance

The next day, while they are having their breakfast.

“Yumi?”Grandpa Lee call her

“Yes, grandpa lee”

“I already enrolled you at University where’s Donghae enrolled right now.”

“NO” they both protest

Yumi look at her grandfather

“I’m the one who ask your grandpa lee to enroll you there. And fact that the director of the university od our friend, so there’s no need for you to be hassle about the enrollment.”

Yumi sigh disappointedly

“But I have a surprise for you.” Master Park said

“Since I graduated from highschool it seems like everyday is full of surprises.”

Master Park laugh “My lovely granddaughter, you never fail to make me laugh.”

Yumi just looking at him “Grandpa seriously…”

“Alright…. Alright…. Since you are now in college, I will fulfill my promise to you.”

Yumi’s eyes lighten up “You mean”

“Yes, your auntie already found one… we can check it after breakfast.”

“Really…. Grandpa”Yumi is so happy “Thank you, Auntie”

“You are welcome my dear, I think you’re going to love it.”

“I’m so excited” Yumi

“Don’t be so happy, you will never know what will happen.”Donghae mumbles as he drinks some water, but Yumi heard him.

“Yeh, right” Yumi just rolled her eyes at him “Can I go now to change?” she ask her grandpa

“Yes, you may”Master Park gave his permission

As promised, they all go to a newly apartment building owns by Lee’s Real Estate.

“Why did you come here?” Yumi ask while walking behind the elders at the parking lot.

“I’m your fiancé, right. The rules are we always stick together.” He winks at her.

“Yeh, right, you are just here to ruin my day.”

“You said that right” he smile at her

Yumi hit him on his head and run

“Yah!!!!! You brat”

At the 10th floor, Mrs. Lee open a door to a bare space unit. It has white painted walls, big glass window on the living area that gives light in the entire area.

“Well, it doesn’t have furniture’s yet, but I will make sure you will be comfortable to stay here.”

Yumi look around with big smile on her face.

“You can make it simple, auntie”

“I’ll make sure for that.”

“Do you like it?” Grandpa Park ask

“Yes, I really like it. I think I will be able to work my studies here and also my projects.” She is daydreaming

“When we can move here?”Donghae suddenly ask that makes Yumi’s daydream ruin

“What!!? What do you mean by we?”

“I can’t let you live here all alone” Master Park

“NO!!!!!!” she strongly refuse “NO!!!!!”

“I’m just thinking about your safety.”

“I can be safe on my own.”she reason out

“No” Master Park firmly said “I give you what I promise, but there will be a condition.”

“What!!!?” Yumi can’t believe

“Why suddenly my life is dependent on him. Why there’s always a condition with him.?” She is very upset.

“He is you fiancé” Master Park

“I didn’t even agree on that…”She shouted and run out

“Yumi…. Park Yumi….”Master Park is about to follow her

“It’s okay” Donghae stops him “I’ll catch up with her” he looks at his mom “Mom. Take Grandpa back to our house. I’ll catch up with Yumi.”

Donghae catch up with Yumi in front of elevator.

“Yah, where are you going?” he hold her right arm

“Can you please leave me alone?” she removed Donghae’s hand off her, she is really annoyed right now.

“Can’t let you go with that hot headed of yours”

Elevator open “Kaja” he push Yumi inside the

At the parking area, Donghae tagging Yumi by holding her right arm.

“Yah!!!! What do you think you’re doing? Let’s me go, you ”

Donghae open the passenger seat of his car “Get in” he push her inside

“Yah!!!!!” Yumi shouted

When Donghae get inside, she hits him on his right shoulder.

“Yah!!!” Donghae shouted “What the hell are you doing?”

“You, what the hell are you doing? Are you playing good fiancé role? Huh?”

“Can you please shut it?” he starts the key “What the hell happened to you, you’re not that noisy before” he mumbles

“What?” Yumi ask

“Nothing”

“You said something”

Donghae look at her “I said you are too noisy, so keep quite.” He drives away

Donghae drives for two hours and they arrived at a cliff seeing all the building from a far.

 “Why did you bring me here?” she ask as they get off the car.

“No one is here, you can yell and release your frustration here.”

“Why are you being nice to me?” She walks forward near the edge

Donghae lean in front of the car “I just hate hearing you keeps on whining about this engagement thing.”

Yumi chuckled “Who wouldn’t?”

“We can’t do much about it for now? The old man and your grandfather are very firm about this.”

“This is ridiculous, how can my grandpa do this to me.” She sigh and face Donghae “What’s with you, you are the one who volunteer himself to marry.”

Donghae chuckled “The old man is just hallucinating because of old age.” he brush his nose arrogantly “Why would I marry you?”

“Same here” Yumi rolled her eyes

Donghae walks towards Yumi “Let’s go with the flow for awhile.”

“What!!?”

Donghae smirk and gently flick her forehead “We play this fiancé thing for awhile, when we get to move to our apartment.”

“My apartment” Yumi corrected

“Your apartment, then we can do anything we want and also we can date someone we liked and probably that will make this engagement break off.”

“How sure that’s going to work?”

“I know you don’t like me but I’m expert in terms of mutiny against the old man.”

Yumi just nod

“The more we resist the more they will be seeing our move. Let’s pretend that we get along for awhile. Then we will go on our separate ways.”

“What if they decide to announce our engagement?”

“Easy, we just need to break before that.”

Yumi seems in doubt

“Trust me on this one, you will be stuck on me for awhile but I will set you free.”

 Yumi just pouted “Oh, well, I just hope it work.”

Skip

It’s already mid-night, Yumi is peacefully sleeping when Donghae quietly enter the room through door connecting their room.

He stand beside the bed looking at her dearly.

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you be with me again.” He said as tears coming out from his eyes.

10 years ago, the Lee Siblings are playing in their garden with little Yumi.

“Yumi….. I really like you…”Donghae said “Someday, I’m going to marry you so we can be together forever.”

“Really?” Yumi ask in amazement

Donghae nods proudly “When we grow old, we will be together, I promise you that.” He takes her hand and run towards their grandfather.

“Grandpa..” Donghae calls his grandpa

“Can I marry Yumi? So we can be together forever.” He ask

Both old man laugh

“Yes, you can” Mr. Lee

“I’ll be really happy if you’re going to take care of my Yumi.” Master Park

“Really grandpa, I can be with Donghae oppa forever.” Yumi happily ask

“Yes, my dear… when both of you come to the right age”

The two of them celebrate from what the heard from the elders.

2 years ago

The two of them are in the park celebrating, Yumi just graduate from Junior High, as Donghae just enter the university.

Yumi is sitting down on swing as Donghae gently pushing it.

“How long do we have to wait?” Yumi ask

Donghae chuckled “Just a few years more, I think they will agree when you enter university.”

“That’s 3 years more” Yumi sigh

“Yah”Donghae stop pushing the swing, he goes in front of Yumi and bend his knee. He touch her right cheek “We already waited these long, 3 years are nothing. When you already in university, we will make our promise.hmm…”

Yumi sigh “Well, there’s nothing we can do but wait, right”

“Just a little bit more” he smile at her “I love you”

“I love you too, oppa.”

==========================================================