A Precious Yet Fragile Friendship

The Breath of Fresh Air

Throughout the cold Winter, the two boys got closer thanks to Jinwoo’s continuous efforts of talking to Mino. The two had known each other well enough that they could know what one of them was thinking just by staring into their eyes. Maybe this is an exaggeration, but it honestly felt as though the two had known each other since kindergarten. 

 

Surprisingly, Jinwoo had broken through Mino’s wall as Mino started to talk frequently. It was as though Mino had become a different person. Mino’s classmates started to warm up to him and he soon made a few mutual friends that he would have never dared to talk to before he met Jinwoo.

 

Mino had found someone he could rely on to talk about the issues he had, and Jinwoo had found someone that he really trusted. It was not Jinwoo who had saved Mino, it was how they each saved each other.

 

Mino had a much more outgoing personality compared to before and he somehow even had a special knack with bad puns. Unfortunately, the bad puns added to Mino’s dry humor which only had an effect on Jinwoo, who would immediately laugh at Mino’s bad jokes. This encouraged Mino in lots of ways, having a person who could always support him from the back.

 

Spending more time together meant that Mino had to bear more hidden feelings in his chest. Every time he saw Jinwoo’s smile, his stomach would flutter uncontrollably to the point he wanted to hug Jinwoo as tightly as he could forever. As time passed and Mino spent more time with Jinwoo, it became harder and harder to control his feelings of love towards his adorable ray of sunshine that brought colour back into his life.

 

Jinwoo was so dense that even after lots of obvious hints that Mino dropped, Jinwoo could still not realize that his best friend had harbored forbidden feelings for him. Being the dense man he is, Jinwoo constantly clung to Mino and had acts of skinship regularly. This was normal for Jinwoo, but Mino was sure that he would never get used to such a gorgeous man touching him every day. 

 

This precious friendship was surely never to change, right? 

 

Well…... not in Mino and Jinwoo’s case. Their friendship was about to change in many ways they could never expect, starting from Mino’s departure from Jinwoo’s side, leaving Jinwoo alone to struggle with his own troubles.