The Day

The Day

Mark fixed his tie while standing infront of the mirror. He ran a hand through his hair as he took time to examine the guy in a suit standing infront of him.

 

He then, walked out of his house, closing the door behind him, as he walked through the busy streets of Seoul.

 

He reached the chapel where a lot of people can be seen outside talking to each other.

 

On his way inside, he was greeted by familiar faces who were shaking his hands as if congratulating him in which he responded with a smile.

 

Then, he spotted a familiar person with its back facing Mark. He quickly approached the person and tapped its shoulder making it flinch a bit.

 

"Donghyuck?"

 

The person then turned with a smile.

 

"Mark-hyung!" Donghyuck squealed and hugged Mark which made Mark feel like he was in heaven. Cause that's the feeling we all get when we are hugged by the person we love, right?

 

Mark smiled as they broke from the hug. They just stood there, smiling at each other.

 

"Mark." Somebody interuppted making them drop their smiling contest.

 

"Yukhei-hyung." Mark greeted as he saw Yukhei putting an arm around Donghyuck which pained him.

 

But what pained him most is the next line Yukhei said.

 

"Thank you for making it on Hyuck and I's wedding."

 

"No big deal hyung. Its my pleasure to come here." Mark said as he faked a smile.

 

The couple smiled back at Mark which made Mark want to break down right there, right at that moment.

 

But he needs to be happy for the both of them. He needs to be happy for the person he really love and for the person thaf the person he love, loves. Mark wants to be happy for them. Even at the point where he was faking it.

 

"Yukhei-hyung, can I talk to Donghyuck for a moment?" Mark asked.

 

"Sure. The ceremony starts later, so take your time." Yukhei smiled as he left Donghyuck and Mark to talk.

 

"Let's talk at the garden." Mark smiled and they walked together towards the garden.

 

"Hyuck, I'm very happy for you and Yukhei-hyung." Mark started as soon as they reached the garden.

 

Donghyuck was about to respond when Mark unexpectedly hugged him.

 

"Seeing you happy makes me happy. Even if I'm not the one making you happy, if you're happy, then I'm happy." Mark said as a tear rolled down on his cheek which he quickly wiped away with his hand.

 

"That's how I love you Donghyuck." 

 

Mark then, broke the hug and faced Donghyuck.

 

"Promise me one thing Hyuck, please be happy, so I can be happy too." 

 

"I promise Mark-hyung."

 

"Be happy with Yukhei-hyung. I know he makes you happy. Much happier."

 

Mark smiled at Donghyuck which Donghyuck responded back with a smile.

 

"Donghyuck! Mark! The ceremony is gonna start!" They heard Jungwoo called them.

 

"Let's go Mark-hyung." Donghyuck said as he walked back towards the chapel in which Mark followed and linked their arms together.

 

"Donghyuck," Mark called Donghyuck for the last time.

 

"Yes Mark-hyung?" Donghyuck responded as he looked back at Mark who was following behind him, arms still linked.

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

Mark smiled to himself.

 

Those words were enough to let Donghyuck go. Those were enough.

 

The wedding ceremony ended quickly and Lee Donghyuck is now officially Wong Donghyuck.

 

Mark eyed the newly-married couple, entertaining the guests who wished the couple their best wishes.

 

As he eyes the two of them, his hand fished out something in his pocket.

 

An engagement ring.

 

He smiled slightly to himself as his hands played with the ring and at the same time, examining it.

 

He then looked at Donghyuck again, who has a wide smile on his face, clearly showing how happy he is.

 

He looked at Donghyuck with his eyes saying; "I should be the one to put the ring on your fourth finger."

 

Mark then let the ring slip off his hands and walked away as the ring landed on the floor with a loud, tingly sound.

 

As Mark exited the chapel, he can't help but let his tears fall down.

 

"Your'e happier now, that you are with him. My friends told me that I'll be happy too. But I know, I was happier with you, Donghyuck."

 

"Mark thought and laughed bitterly as he wiped his tears away.