You Are My Smile (First Encounter)

You Are My Smile

Max didn't recall when was the last time he smiled or laughed.  Life is just IT he often thought to himself.  This is the reason Max doesn't find LIFE interesting except for his mathematical equations and scientific experiments.  According to Max, IT is a natural process of LIFE, he strongly believes that man kind will go through IT in 4 different stages: Birth, Old age, Sickness, and Death.  In short, IT or LIFE is full of sufferings and no one can escape from this natural ordeal.  Then why the heck does Max living for?  Ever since little, all Max's teachers say that Max is a genius especially in the fields of Math & Science.   Max himself knows quite well that besides his family, Math and Science are the reasons for him to stay alive on Earth.  Walking around campus, he never pay attention to his surroundings because his eyes are always glueing to his Math or Science books. 

"Ouch!" a man cries out.

"Ah! I'm sorry." Max says nervously.

"N...No, i...it was my fault.  I..I'm sorry... Ahh... Ummm..."  The man stutters, looks up, and smiles as he continuously scratching his head with one hand and the other hand trying to pick up his belongings as they sort of scattered around the area where their first point of contact.

Max observes the man in front of him and notices that the man is about a year or 2 older than him with a bright looking face.  The older guy reminded Max of the Asian looking James Dean for his hair is styled up and he dressed casually in a white t-shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and completed with a biker leather jacket and a pair of black Chuck Taylor.

"I'm sorry... for my clumsiness.  HaHaHa"  The latter continues apologizing while laughing out loud which breaks Max out of his previous observation.
 
Now Max is wondering why did this guy apologize when Max was the one whom was reading while walking without looking.  And why did this guy laugh so loud when he was apologizing.  Normally, people would be quite serious when saying sorry not with a HaHaHa like that.  'Interesting'.  'What was I thinking?'  'Interesting, no no not interesting at all'.  'Only Math and Science are interesting in my dictionary, not some clumsy stranger'.  'The word I should be using was Idiot'.  All kinds of uncontrollable thoughts are running in Max's head and he doesn't know how stop them.
 
"Yes, idiot! " Max says out loud to himself (or so he thought).  A little smile budding from the corner of Max's mouth so he immediately shakes his head and quickly walks away.
 
"Excuse me!  Did you say idiot?"  The older man calls out.
 
Max pretends as if he didn't hear anything so he keeps walking faster toward the cafeteria where he is going to meet up with his younger brother, Minho for lunch.  At the same time the younger man is hoping the older guy would just give up and forget about the whole incident.  'What is happening to me?"  'Why am I running away?' 'I didn't do anything wrong'  The word 'IDIOT' was not meant to be heard.  Max turns around and sees Minho's arm rested on the clumsy man's shoulder.
 
"UKnow hyung, here you are.  Let's go to the cafeteria.  I want to introduce you to my older brother Max." Minho says excitedly.
 
"Oh, Hyung.  There you are.  I was just talking about you"  Minho turns to Max smiling.