Fin.

Two Idiots

The girls are always giggly, always joking, but it’s on Jeongyeon’s third attempt to kiss her on the lips that Sana knows something is going on.

 

Laughing as she pushes her away, she finally asks, “what’s going on with you today? What’s with all the love?”

 

Jeongyeon just shrugs, tightens her grip on Sana’s shoulders and pulls her in again. Sana turns her face, sputtering and laughing, until her rescue finally comes in the form of Nayeon.

 

“Hey, save some of that for me,” she says, and puckers her lips, presumably for Sana to lean in and kiss them. (She must have died and woken up in Heaven.)

 

“Alright stop fooling around, we’re here already.” Jihyo is helping Mina out of the car, and then ushers Sana away from Jeongyeon and Nayeon’s love chokehold. She lets her go on ahead of the group but not without adding a sharp pat on Sana’s .

 

“Park Jihyo!”

 

Jihyo’s eyes twinkle. “Go on already, we’re running late!”

 

Sana laughs, confused, but pleased, and carries on her way.

 

 

In the makeup room Tzuyu takes a comfortable place next to Sana on the couch. While Dahyun and Chaeyoung are wrestling for the phone so they can vlive, Tzuyu is asking Sana all kinds of questions.

 

“What was your favorite food from when you were little?”

 

“How do you say, poodle in Japanese?”

 

“If you could be anything else in the world, what would you be?”

 

“Whoa, Tzuyu, aren’t these questions a little deep for 5am?”

 

Tzuyu ducks her head sheepishly, and Sana has fun teasing her a little longer before wrapping her up in a tight hug. Before she can lean in to place a patented kiss on Tzuyu’s forehead, Chaeyoung lands on top of them, followed by Dahyun.

 

“You have to listen to Unnie!”

 

“You’re barely a year older than me!”

 

Sana grunts beneath the weight of them.

 

“I’m older than both you so get off of me right now!”

 

They roll off, laughing and swatting at each other, but instead of going back to their own chairs, they sit down on either side of Sana.

 

“Lets take a selfie together!”

 

Sana scowls. “I don’t have any lipgloss on!”

 

Dahyun swoops in, lips pursed. “Take some from me.”

 

Sana blushes, pushes her way out between the three. “What’s with you guys today, all of you are driving me crazy!” She tries to act annoyed but her voice betrays her emotions. She sounds pleased, a high tone invading her nagging, and the three younger girls smile at her, knowing they’ve won.

 

 

Mina fusses around with everybody more than usual. It’s true they’d been on non-stop promotion cycle since Likey; and traveling back and forth from Japan meant even less than their regular miniscule amount of sleep.

 

She adjusts Sana’s in-ear three times while they’re waiting back stage. She tightens her ponytails; uses her index finger to make sure Sana’s fake lashes stay rolled up and pretty.

 

Sana grabs her by the wrist and pulls her in for a hug. “Thank you Mina-chan.”

 

Mina mumbles something into her neck, which tickles, so Sana pushes her away, only catches Mina blushing slightly before she hurries off to her position.

 

Sana inhales deeply as the cue for the music goes off. She sets her shoulders, holds her chin up high, and starts to dance.

 

 

Between Nayeon offering Sana her last bite of ice cream, and Jeongyeon giving up the coveted passenger’s seat, Sana knew the girls were spoiling her rotten. The only thing is she couldn’t figure out why. Even on her birthday she can’t remember being this happy. Everyone around her seemed to glow with excitement.

 

It lasts all the way into the evening, when they’re make-up free, eating takeout chicken and hanging out in their pajamas.

 

“I really think this song is a breakthrough. We could even get movie roles from this!” Momo wiggles her eyebrows suggestively and Sana pinches her thigh.

 

“Ow! What the hell?”

 

“That was too much, we’re still too inexperienced for movie roles.”

 

Laughter rumbles around them.

 

Momo starts rolling her eyes so hard they look like they’ll get stuck at the back of their heads.

 

“Maybe you’re inexperienced, but I’m a great actress.”

 

“Oh yeah?”

 

“I pretend to like you.”

 

Dahyun eyes them nervously like she’s afraid a fight will break out, but the other girls remain calm, used to their banter.

 

In true Sana and Momo fashion, Sana clicks her tongue, reaches over to pinch Momo again, but Momo reacts quickly, dodging Sana’s attack so that Sana just ends up falling over on her hands.

 

“You guys are unbelievable,” Jihyo says.

 

“Yeah,” Nayeon adds, “I guess that’s what six years of friendship does.”

 

“What?” Sana sits back up, rubbing her hands together and frowning.

 

“Yeah you’re… you’ve been friends for six years now, the two of you? Since you joined JYP?”

 

Sana looks up at Momo; she is equally confused.

 

Tzuyu hands her the phone in her hands –she’d been checking their fanpage as usual- and Sana sees a string of comments all featuring the same hashtag:

 

#happySaModay

 

Oh.

 

She and Momo burst into identical laughter.

 

“Oh… oh my god,” she starts wiping tears away from her face, “I can’t believe… w-we forgot!”

 

While the other girls were stunned the pair continued to laugh. Loud shrieks filled the room as Momo slipped off the couch onto the floor, clutching her stomach, turning her face into Sana’s stomach as she tried to stave off some of her laughter.

 

Sana reached down and tugged at Momo’s hair until she was facing her.

 

“Six years eh?”

 

Momo is still shaking, pushes Sana’s hand away and pinches her stomach. “Feels like it’s been a lifetime.”

 

“I can’t believe you two,” Dahyun whispers softly, and at that, everyone returns to their senses. Seeing that the sentimental feeling of the day was ruined by these two complete idiots, they started to peel off and do their own thing.

 

As she’s walking by Jeongyeon drops and empty water bottle on Momo’s head. “You’re a real dummy aren’t you?”

 

Sana brings Momo’s head into her lap and cradles her face.

 

“We’re lucky to have her aren’t we?”

 

She says it without looking up at Jeongyeon, who’s equal parts amused and disgusted.

 

“Some things we’ll just never understand,” Jihyo remarks. A few of them had gathered at the kitchen table. Mina just shakes her head, smiling down at the table.

 

“I’m seriously worried Momo unnie won’t even remember our names in a few years,” Dahyun says.

 

“Oh she’ll remember.” Nayeon watches the two –bemused- as they engage in a hilarious tickle fight, one that involves both of them flinching before either even gets a hand on the other person, so they just look like weird twitching mimes. As Sana overshoots and collapses down on top of her, she catches sight of Momo’s eyes, tracking Sana’s movements, catching her head before she bangs it on the table.

 

They smile at each other for a split second, and then Momo is shoving Sana back off, claiming that she’s gained too much weight, and then Sana bites out that they should get divorced.

 

“She really loves her. They love each other. And us. Probably more than we’ll ever know.”

 

Momo swipes the glasses off Sana’s face, who reacts with a shriek, and blindly grabs Momo’s . The whole thing is a mess. Really not the nostalgic evening in the girls had planned, but meaningful all the same.