Come and Go

Broken Promise That You Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo finally being released from the jail after 4 years 16 days and 20 hours since the time she was arrested. She admitted the thing she never done to protect her beloved one.

Some people told her that she is too dumb for taking that responsibility for someone who is never even visit her during her time being in jail. Well, she does regret it now as she get released after waiting for 4 years 16 days and 20 hours. During her darkest time she promised herself to never fall in love again.

****

It was dark winter when her car bumped into something, she quickly got out of her car and found a fainted woman bleeding. She quickly brought the woman to the hospital.

"She is slowly getting better, but her baby died"

"...oh"

Jihyo felt guilty, she sat quietly when someone covered her shoulder with a jacket. She cried quietly when the girl next to her hug her close.

"Everything will be fine Jihyo"

"But Jeongyeon ah we killed the baby.."

"Shh, calm down Jihyo"

It was a dark winter for Jihyo, she really felt guilty as the mother kept on telling her that she is a murderer since she lost her precious baby because of her.

Jihyo couldn't say anything except sorry, she kept looking down when the police started to interrogate her and Jeongyeon. 

"Did you drink?"

Jihyo nodded slow, she did drink a lot yesterday because she was celebrated Jeongyeon graduation.

"That is your car?"

"Yes, sir.."

"For an orphan like you, you sure have a lot of money i see"

Jihyo looked up, she bit her own lips as she tried not to take the bait, though that question is too harsh for her.

"I won a lottery, sir..."

"Really? How lucky! But it doesn't mean you're lucky in front of the law. We will make sure you will get charged fairly"

Jihyo held her fists tight. She sobbed quietly as just nodded slow.

****

"Jeongyeon ah~"

"Yes babe?"

"I love you"

"I love you too~"

"Aigo, why are you so cute? I wanna give you lot of kisses~"

"You really drink a lot, i told you not but you didn't listen"

"It's okay right? I have you anyway, you can drive me anywhere. Because you are my girlfriend, the girl i love the most~"

"Aigo, you need to stop doing aegyo"

"Waeyo?"

"Because that will melt my heart more~"

"Aww, you such a sweet talker"

Jihyo glanced and opened her eyes wide, as she told Jeongyeon to stop.

"Jeongyeon. Stop!"

Jeongyeon stop the car late, the car bumped into something she didn't see but Jihyo did. Jihyo quickly get out of the car in panic. She asked Jeongyeon to help the fainted woman to the car, she bleed a lot. Jeongyeon drove slow as she felt anxious.

"What should we do now?"

"Calm down Jeongyeon ah"

"But this is bad, we will face the police soon after this, should we just...run away?"

"Jeongyeon ah, what did you say? We need to be responsible for this, the police will undesrtand that this is a pure accident, we didn't even realize the woman crossed the road."

"No, i don't want to be involve with this. I'm just graduted. How will i face my parents later?"

Jihyo bit her lips as she hold Jeongyeon's hand.

"D..don't say anything to the police then"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I will take the responsibility for that"

"But Jihyo, are you crazy?"

"I..It's okay, i'll probably get sentence a few years as long as i'm being good during that i'm sure i'll be release sooner"

"Jihyo, are you losing your mind?"

"You need to make your parents proud, babe"

"But Jihyo.."

"Jeongyeon ah.."

"W..what?"

"Do you love me?"

"Of course i do, babe. A lot"

"C..can you wait for me?"

"Jihyo...are you being serious right now?"

Jihyo nodded as she stared at Jeongyeon, both of them cried at the basement, Jeongyeon brought the woman to the emergency room while Jihyo stayed at the car, cleaned the trace of Jeongyeon of the driver seat and steer while sobbing quietly.

"Mom, dad...i'm sorry...i really love her..."

****

The first year in jail was hard, nobody wanted to talk with her, she got alienated a lot. Some even mocked her whenever she passed by them.

Jeongyeon came to visit once a while, and it's more than enough for Jihyo. They both talked on the interphone.

"How are you babe?"

"I'm good, how are you?"

"You look skinny, i'm..."

"It's fine, i'm okay. So how is your work?"

"It's great, they are good people and the teamwork is great. You sure you're okay? You look pale, Jihyo"

"I'm okay, i'm on a diet. You will see me get ier once i come out of the jail"

Jihyo tried to joke around, Jeongyeon laughed. They both spent their time talking about stuff until the time is over for visiting.

Jeongyeon placed her hand on the glass, Jihyo did the same. They missed each other as they both kept staring longer. Jeongyeon waved her hand as she promised to visit her again later when she got her day off.

On the second year, she adapted well and people started to know her better. Her jail mates even got closer and treated her like a maknae there.

"You are so dummy, Jihyo"

"Seriously, you are sacrificing your life being here for someone like that? What a waste!"

"Aigo, unnie. It's fine, Jeongyeon loves me and i love her too"

"How long can she wait? A year? Two? I bet she will slowly leave you and find someone else already"

"Yah, Bongpal stop making our baby sad"

Sunghee hug Jihyo and patted her back slow, she was on the verge of crying. She just wanted to believe the promise they both made.

****

It is a sunny day and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter