the silence that breaks hearts

say something
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Renjun noticed, he notices everything. He noticed how the love of his life was slowly slipping away from him. His 7 year old relationship with his fiancé was slowly falling out of love, not from renjun though. He noticed that jeno’s look on his eyes when he looks at him was gone. He noticed how jeno’s loving touches that used to hold him tight lost its warmth. He noticed that his kisses lost their sweetness. His engagement ring was constantly removed on jeno’s finger, he noticed how jeno cares less and less about renjun’s activities, he noticed how he doesn’t bother asking about renjun anymore, he noticed how he doesn’t care anymore, jeno seldom meets his eyes, he noticed that jeno doesn’t love him anymore. But he keeps quiet. He loves jeno with all his heart so he never had the guts to say something; he was scared of losing him, pathetic right? Renju knows that. Their apartment had lost its warmth without jeno, jeno was almost never home or should I say he is beginning to abandon renjun already?

Nevertheless, renjun never forgets to take care of his fiancé, cooking, washing his clothes and etc, renjun never complains, not even once but he guessed he was not enough. They never fought, not even once, their quiet, calm and laid back relationship was slowly destroying them. Renjun’s heart breaks every day, a tear escaped every time he thinks of jeno now but he couldn’t even say a word to him, he knows that he is a coward and pathetic, but he did this out of love, his love for jeno had sewn his mouth shut. Was he right or wrong? Tell me.

One morning renjun got up the bed was empty as usual he sighed and went to the kitchen for breakfast, “good morning renjun” renjun was surprised to find jeno at their dining table, that too in the morning, jeno wasn’t wearing his pajamas, he looked like he was ready to go out at any moment, renjun noticed something strange in jeno’s behavior, he looks determined to say something like how he used to feel, this is the moment he can finally talk to jeno about their problem and jeno might have good news and bad news too, he couldn’t really get his hops up, “can we talk please?” jeno asked in that calm voice, renjun complies and took a chair in front of jeno, he looks at him, jeno’s eyes were empty, something was missing from his eyes “so what’s up?” a long silence.

“I cheated on you” renjun was shocked, shocked at himself for not being surprised, for not feeling a pang on his heart, he didn’t feel anything, he didn’t feel sad, nor angry nor sad maybe those feelings were used up, he noticed how jeno anticipated his response but renjun was so quiet and calm “oh….with who?” he slaps himself mentally for even talking in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter