Haechan/Donghyuck {My Treat}

NCT DREAM - One Shots

It was 5pm when you had arrived at the dance practice room in SM Entertainment. There, you were greeted by seven familiar faces.

"Y/N! YOU'RE HERE!" Chenle jumped up in excitement, running up to hug you. Pushing him away (jokingly), you ran up to Mark instead and stuck your tongue out at him, causing Chenle to frown at you.

Being Jaehyuns younger sister, you were lucky enough to meet the rest of his band members-including DREAM- and within days you became close with each and every one of them.

However, you had preferred the company of the DREAM members as they were of your age...

"Sorry I'm late. I had to stop by the convenience store to get you guys something," You held up the bag of goodies you had snuck in for them, "I knew you would be drained from all the training you've done since morning."

At the sight of gummy bears, Donghyuck's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"I TAKE DIBS ON THE GUMMY BEARS!" Both Donghyuck and Jisung yelled in unison.

"I'm your elder, I get the say in this!" Donghyuck glared at the younger.

"And I'm the one who bought the candy in the first place" You said with a smirk.

It was like a tradition between you and Donghyuck and it all started when Jaehyun warned you of Donghyuck's never ending teasing before actually meeting him, and upon hearing this, you decided to play along and back.

"You're no fun just because you're a month older than me"

"She's also more mature" Jeno jumps in after escaping a clingy Jaemin.

"Says who"

"Everyone" Renjun yawns after having taken a short nap.

Mark heads over to you and takes a few gummy bears that were meant for Donghyuck. Chenle and you being the only witnesses.

"Anyway guys we can't take breaks for too long as we have to learn this dance by the end of this week." Mark claps his hand's to get the members attention. Drinking the last of the water in his bottle before switching the music on.

You take a seat in one of the corners and watch them eagerly.

It was the first time you got to see them actually practice their dances as usually they've already learnt it before you actually had the time to go visit.

To say the least, you were impressed at the speed they learnt it, especially Jisung and Donghyuck as they only had to look at the moves once or twice and already had it down. But that didn't mean the other members were far behind, in fact, they caught up quite quickly.

***

After an hour of non-stop practicing, they had decided to take a short break.

You were starting to get tired that you hadn't noticed Donghyuck take a seat next to you.

"I hope you weren't dazed by my charms just now." He says

"You wish. Maybe in an alternate universe"

You sit in a comfortable silence for a while, mainly for Donghyuck to catch his breath after the intense practice from earlier.

"Do you want something to drink? It's my treat" He turns to look at you, bead's of sweat sliding down the sides of his face, not realising he was staring at you for too long.

"Are you sure you're fine? Maybe a fever?" You place a warm hand on his forehead in a joking manner. A gesture that send's a shiver down his spine.

"I'm serious. It's to compensate for the gummy bears you got for us."

It takes you a moment to answer due to your shock at his change of persona, "Sure"

At that he smiles and signals you to stand up and follow him.

He leads you to a vending machine not too far from the studio. On your short tour there you take notice of Donghyucks features - from his cute nose to his soft yet strong eyes. You never really noticed how good looking he was (of course you knew all the member's of NCT were visuals, but with Donghyuck you were always preoccupied with his pranks and constant teasing that you didn't realise he was an actual angel).

You must have been staring for too long because Donghyuck turns to look at you, but strangely enough he doesn't say anything. It was the perfect chance to make you feel embarrassed, even after he had teased you about falling for his charms.

"Y/N" He holds your arm gently, stopping you from walking.

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long, long time now, though I've been dragging it on because of my fear of making you uncomfortable or possibly...Losing our friendship."

You wait for him to continue, the butterflies in your stomach are hinting you of a possible confession.

"I..." He scratches the back of his neck.

"I...Wanted...to ask if you could come again tomorrow"

You were startled at that. Was he just shy? The truth was, you knew he liked you and, no, you weren't good at telling if someone liked you (unless you were given that information by another person).

It was only after Jisung told you that you started to take notice of even the smallest details like him offering to walk you home, the short glances he would give to you through the mirror while dancing and even the constant touching on the arm and the small pats on the head and once you paid more attention to Donghyuck, you realised you had started to fall for him too.

"I didn't realise me coming tomorrow could possibly be the reason why we would lose our friendship"

"No, that's not the reason why"

"Then wha-"

He cuts you off, taking your smaller hands into his larger ones, "I wanted to ask if you could come again tomorrow, but this time, as my girlfrie-"

At that you burst into laughter. Leaving a dumbfounded Donghyuck.

"Hey! This isn't a joke! Why are you laughing. I planned this for three whole months!"

"I didn't think it would be this cheesy!"

"Are you going to answer me or not?" He crosses his arms and glares at you. Trying his best to hide his smile.

"Um, I'll have to ask Jisung first" You pretend to leave and find Jisung but Donghyuck quickly pulls you back.

"Why do you need Jisung, he'll probably get jealous"

"Because he should be the first to witness this."

"Witness what? You teasing me again?"

You give him a gentle smile, "No, about seeing his ship turn into a real thing," you wait for a reaction, but is only left with a confused Donghyuck, so instead you whisper, "It means yes for your information"

Donghyuck holds his breath at that and what seems to feel like ten minutes, pulls you into a hug. It was awkward at first as you both were shy and inexperienced with relationships. But you both eventually relaxed in the others warmth. You stay in that position for a while before being interrupted by a group of inconsiderate children.

"WHOOP WHOOP!" Jisung and the other members roll in through the corridor in loud cheers.

At the sound of Chenle's dolphin cries, you both quickly let go, hoping no one would notice, cheeks dyed in vibrant pink.

"CONGRATULATIONS TO BEING PROMOTED FROM FETUSES TO TEENAGERS!" Mark cheers

"Stop trying to be funny Hyung" Chenle rolls his eyes

"I want a girlfriend too" Jeno pouts

Jaemin frowns at that, pinching Jeno's arm,"You don't need one" he says.

"Rude"

Donghyuck turns to look at your red face. 'Cute'. Secretly, he takes your hand in his, still not believing that he can finally call you his.

 

A/N:

As per request for : aizelou03

   "Request: Donghyuck and/or Mark please. :-)"

Donghyuck being one of my biases in NCT made this really hard to write due to my constant fangirling.

I also had no idea where this story was going to go and that's probably why this is a mess xD

☆I take requests for any NCT member. If you also want another idol group I might do it if I am familar with them ^-^

*Requests Open~