Renjun {Childhood Friend}

NCT DREAM - One Shots

As Renjun's oldest friends you two were inseparable - many mistook you guys as siblings due to your many similarities especially after spending most of your life with him and picking up on some of his habits. Yet it was only a year ago that you started to notice your growing feelings for him. In fact, you tried your hardest to ignore the tingling feeling in your stomach everytime he smiled or laughed at your corny jokes.

Though your feelings for him became unbareable to the point that you tried to avoid him at all costs.

"Y/N-ah why do you keep ignoring my calls? I thought we were going to study for the final exams together?" Renjun shook your arm while you were walking to school.

Since you lived in the same neighbourhood, it was like a tradition for Renjun to walk with you to school and back.

"I fell asleep and I-I forgot" You turned bright red in embarrassment, an obvious habit for when you were lying.

There was an unusualy long silence, that you turned your head to meet a sulking Renjun staring deep into your eyes - he crossed his arms with a pout before saying, "You're no fun, what happened to you? I feel like you really are avoiding me." He shook his head before continuing, "I tried to come up with a reason for you acting this way but the only conclusions I came to were, 1) You don't like me anymore, 2) You are stressed for the exams - maybe you have just given up on life - or, 3) You like me."

At that, your face turned pink. How could he have guessed that?!

"NO! I DO NOT!"

"Pftt" With that he couldn't hold in his laughter anymore, pointing his finger at you while covering his mouth with the other hand, " You think I didn't know? Y/N, I've known you since I could walk, you think I wouldn't have realised by now?"

"Then, why didn't you say anything?"

He signed and scratched the back of his head, holding a cheeky grin on his face, "It was just too amusing, I'm sorry"

"YA! RENJUN!" You hit him on the arm playfully, blowing a strand of hair from your face.

"Okay okay, the truth is, I was just afraid to say anything. I didn't want to make any assumptions or rush anything. Besides, I'm not as confident or as brave as I may seem"

Your eyes widened at that. Were you hearing things right?

He gives you a reassuring smile and pulls gently on your arm, stopping you from walking any further.

"Y/N, I just want you to know that I really and I mean really, like you. I don't care if I have to wait another year or two for you to be more comfortable in accepting both of our feelings and I'm sorry that I can be a jerk sometimes but you know I'm just teasing~"

"I-I-"

He shushes you from saying anymore, "You don't have to say anything yet, I just need you to think about it. After all, there isn't any need to rush." Another warm smile before he quickly puts a hand on his chest, exaggerating the feeling of pain, and says jokingly, "Actually, I think I'm just afraid"

You laugh at his cuteness and give him a reassuring smile as your heart beats rapidly in your chest. It wasn't the kind of confession you would imagine from Renjun. In fact, you felt more relaxed around him and felt that a relationship with him might turn out better than what you had first thought.

For the rest of the way, you playfully joked with each other while making small talk. Renjun talking about all the hints that you gave away about your feelings...

 

☆Authors Note:

Thank you for reading ^-^

I actually wasn't sure if he had stayed in character (even just a tiny bit) like the actual Renjun xD

*Requests Open~