Chapter 2 (The Cruel Fate)

The Weakness of a Man

Author's Pov

"Oppa... Let's break up" Da Hae speak up to Ji Ho. 

Ji Ho became silent for a few moment.

"Da Hae yah... Why are you like this? Did i do something wrong?"

He held Da Hae's hand and speak with a soft voice.

"You have done nothing wrong. It's just i am not good enough for you and i would like to be alone for a time"

"It's because of Jang Hyuk, right?" 

Everything becomes silent except the ticking watch. 

"He made you speak like this, right? Or else, you won't talk to me like this"

"No. He has nothing to do with this. I'm just ..."

"He has a woman that he's about to engage, you know? Mother has already planned it"

The eyes of Da Hae become wide after hearing the word engage. 

"Da Hae yah... Let's go to America. We won't come back ever"

"----" Da Hae was still in her own world thinking about how she has been deceived.

 

On the other hand,

"Yah! Why did you go home early the previous night?" Mr. Jang shouted at Jang Hyuk.

"I have something important came up"

"Something more important than the inheriting thing?" Ms. Jang asked.

"Yes. I was with Da Hae" 

The both of them become quiet. 

"Yah! Come to your sense! She's about to get married to your brother!" Ms. Jang shouted but at the same time, Ji Ho came in.

He grabbed Jang Hyuk by his collar. 

"Yah... What did you tell her? Did you tell her that I was having an affair?" 

Jang Hyuk shook off his hands of his collar.

"She saw it herself. She saw the two of you kissing inside your car"

Ms. Jang joined the conversation.

"Ji Ho yah... You have an affair? That's mean you don't like Da Hae anymore, right? Then, please let her go" 

"Ommoni... I love Da Hae than any other girls. Those others are just flings and they will be gone after i get married"

"You bastard! Just let her go! And it will be the best for her" Jang Hyuk said impolitely toward his hyung.

Ji Ho just smirked.

"But what to do? I think you also have to let her go. Cause she's feel disappointed in you. Even she doesn't tell it, i know she feel dirty just to look at you anymore."

Jang Hyuk become froze.

"What do you mean?"

Ji Ho just move his shoulders as a signal of i don't know.

Jang Hyuk ran outside of the house and tried to call Da Hae. 

"The phone number that you had dialed is poweroff. Please redial ...." 

"Da Hae yah..." as Da Hae turned of her phone. He just wondered around and ran toward the place where she might be.

"Da Hae yah..." he searched in the cafe, restaurant, library, where are the places that Da Hae usually love going.

But... There's no sign of her.

He searched here and there till the morning when he ran to the team that Da Hae has to lead.

"Where's Da Hae? I mean Lee Team Manager" He said with a heavy breathing because of the tiring of the searching.

"Lee Team Manager has quit the job. She phoned us the night before and she just give us the resigning letter."

"Do you know where she goes?"

"I... don't know that"

Jang Hyuk ran out again with the speed of light. He searched for her but couldn't at all.

 

After one year,

 

Jang Hyuk became the president of the company of KNL. 

As he came into the company, people who are waiting him greeted by the 90 degree bow.

As he walked into his room, a woman's waiting for him inside.

"Jang Hyuk ssi... You're coming to my house tonight, right? My mother said she invited you to a dinner"

"Uh... I'm coming. But just to greet the president. Nothing else"

"Jang Hyuk ssi... Don't you think you're too much. It's because that right?"

"Stop talking like that to my woman. Even if she's not mine, I would never be with you. So, Na Mi yah... Please get out"

"But your mom said we are going to get married. She told me not to worry"

She became relax again while saying that. She crossed her arms.

Jang Hyuk doesn't reply a thing.

 

Knock knock

After a few hours since Na Mi left, the assistant of Jang Hyuk came in.

"Hyung.. You have a meeting at 2 pm" As it is now 11 am, Jang Hyuk treid to finish the checking of whether to sign or not.