I. The nightmare

The wedding ring {ON HIATUS}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I. The nightmare

 

Hyukjae is alone. He's in such a large, so clean and big flat. He feels even more lonely than he already is. He has been taking count of all of those days that have passed since the wedding: one, two, three. He has never, ever felt in this way in his whole life. He doesn't believe that being married to someone else would bring so much loneliness in his heart, in his mind, in his soul, because this is the reality that he must face right here and right now, made of a silence that seems to never be over. It seems to be a curse for him. He dislikes solitude. He surrenders to it. He can't fight against it. He's defeated.

He sits down on a chair, he looks at the table and he finds the ring shining under the dim light that comes from the lamp. It has no value for him. It's worthless for him. It has no meaning for him. It's just an object like many others are. He isn't in love with him, he isn't in love with Donghae, he isn't in love with that man: he doesn't love the one who has become his husband.

“Why does my husband want me to wear the wedding ring?” Hyukjae thinks about all that happened between them because of a wedding ring, “we don't even know each other” he keeps thinking.

He will never, ever fall in love with him. Hyukjae will never love Donghae.

He walks towards the window, he puts a hand on the glass and he shudders because of the coldness. The surface of the mirror reflects his image by showing it. He stares at it for a while. He loses himself in thoughts.

He startles because of a noise. He turns, he spots him, his husband whose name is Donghae, and he holds his breath, looking down because he can't sustain eye contact with him for more than an instant.
 

"Why are you here?" it's Hyukjae's question who tries to avoid looking at him, because he doesn't feel comfortable with him after what happened between them. He can't forget the quarrel they have had. The wedding ring still shines under the dim light of the lamp like a promise of broken love: its radiance is beautiful.

"I have to take my stuff" it's Donghae's answer who tries to avoid looking at him, because he doesn't feel comfortable with him after what happened between them. He can't forget the quarrel they have had. The wedding ring still shines under the dim light

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter