Prologue

The wedding ring {ON HIATUS}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

 

It’s a night like many others. It’s cold, dark and silent. The light of the street lamps partially illuminates the road that is empty. They’ve just married. They’re strangers. They don’t know each other at all. Donghae and Hyukjae. It could be the worst or the best choice of their lives. They’re going to find it out sooner or later.

They don’t talk to each other at all during the road trip.

Donghae parks the convertible car in front of a building. It’s a new, imposing and clean skyscraper. He stops the engine, he smokes a cigarette and he gets out of the vehicle, walking towards the structure.

Donghae waits for Hyukjae to get out as well.

He takes the elevator with him until they reach the latest floor. He puts a hand on the handle. The door opens and closes with a dull thud, but the noise is swallowed into the vortex of silence that fills up the room. He steps in.

He finds out that his husband has taken off his wedding ring. It has just been put on the table. It shines brightly under the dim gleam that is spread from the lamp.

“Why have you taken it off?” Donghae asks Hyukjae with a frown, then he grabs the ring and he shows it to him, “why have you taken this off?” he points out almost harshly, showing a side of himself that is definitely rather aggressive.

There’s no answer from him. From Hyukjae.

“Do you think is the best way to start a marriage?” he questio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter