One.

Bonfire Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten was a healthy boy, he didn’t smoke, didn’t do drugs, didn’t drink alcohol. He’s a freaking vegetarian who hates fruits, as Taeyong would explain. The Thai boy was adopted by a Korean gay couple named Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae. Ten grew up in a family-friendly environment, pampered with love. Taeyong clearly remembers becoming friends with Ten. So, out of all people, why would Ten have to go through s? Taeyong will never know.

 

Lee Taeyong was never this grumpy, he used to be really energetic, he used to hang out with people. But ever since he lost Ten, his world crumbled down. He shut himself away from people, even to his best friend Johnny, he became distant to everyone, the only people he’s comfortable talking with are Ten’s adoptive parents who share the same sufferings, he found his home on Ten’s beloved parents.

 

Jung Jaehyun was your typical boy-next-door kid. He grew up in a loving family, his parents are very hardworking, in terms of money, his family is above the average. Having a doctor father and a nurse mother, what he calls home is always empty. But who would even call it a home if half of his life, he was confined in the hospital. The hospital was his home. He was born with a hole on his heart, it was an unusual case, but every organ in his body works fine except his heart. He had to rely on oxygen tanks. He had to study within the four white walls, it was a tough time for the Jungs but somehow, Jaehyun managed to make it through with the help of an unknown Thai heart donor.

 

 

                He clearly remembers the full details of that miraculous day. It was 1st of July, he was reading an English book, the aircon was high due to the heatwave outside, when his dad entered the room. He was holding a pile of papers. “You’ll get your heart transplant today” his father grinned, showing a bunch of papers that Jaehyun didn’t care about, he was just too stunned. He was trembling, because of fear? Because of excitement? Because he felt bad about the boy who lost his life.

 

“Can I know the person’s name?”

“Chittaphon Leechaiyakul. A Thai boy, he was in a car crash a month ago and was on a comma, but doctors confirmed he had no chance of survival, so his parents decided to donate his organs, and it so happens that his heart is compatible to you buddy” his dad grinned, looking tearful, to finally end his son’s sufferings.

“Dad, I’m not sure-“

“Jung Jaehyun, I thought we’ve talked about this before”

“It’s just that I feel bad for the boy, he lost his life, I don’t think I want to…”

“Please think about it”

 

                It was the hardest five hours for Jaehyun, he was contemplating, whether he would choose his own happiness and accept the donor’s heart, or reject it because he feels bad for the boy, he who lost his life, his heart would be used again as if it’s a recycled bottle. Jaehyun knows that the parents only thought about the best. Even the Thai boy’s, they only wanted to help out. Jaehyun would probably end up dying before reaching 20 if he doesn’t take this opportunity ASAP. The clock is ticking for him as well.

 

“So, have you decided? The operating room is ready”

“I’ll do it, dad”

 

                Jaehyun knew this guilt will haunt him for the rest of his life but he chose to be selfish at least once in his life. The ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter