LET'S GET INTIMATE WITH LETSMEETINOURDREAMS5S...................

INTERVIEW OF LETSMEETINOURDREAMS5...........

PART 2 ALL ABOUT WRITING FANFICTIONS...

TINA: How and when did you decide to be a fanfic author?
DANA: When I was twenty years old, I began reading fanfics and I decided to write. I never thought I would be writing more than a story but here I am.

TINA: What made you to sit down and actually write something?
DANA: I wanted to share my vision of YunJae’s reunification in my first fanfic.

TINA: What is the first fanfic you completed?
DANA: I promise you (when I read it again, I cringe. It was badly written XD)

TINA: How did you get your idea for your first fanfic?
DANA: YunJae’s potential reunification.

TINA: Have you had any prior experience of writing before your first fanfic?
DANA: Yes at primary school, we had a writing contest but I don’t even remember what I wrote lol.

TINA: Have you ever be plagued by doubts on your storyline?
DANA: Yes almost every time. I ask myself if it’s really interesting and worth reading.

TINA: How did you promote your fanfic to readers?
DANA: I used twitter before but now I don’t really promote them.

TINA: Have you ever been anxious about how the readers receive your story?
DANA: Yes, every time I see there is a new comment, I’m anxious. I’m afraid I could disappoint them or go too far.

TINA: Thoughts on how you felt when you see the first comment on the first story? Do remember who is the first commenter?
DANA: I was super happy to have a comment! Now yes I remember who (I cheated I went to see who it was). It says “u should write more”, maybe that’s why I wrote more.

TINA: How do you prepare yourself before writing a fanfic?
DANA: nothing in particular.

TINA: Do you work out plot line or do you prefer to see where your ideas or inspiration take you?
DANA: Hmm I always know the end of the story before writing and I let inspiration take me to it.

TINA: When and how does your inspiration or muse come to you?
DANA: It can come when I’m watching a movie, reading a book or at work. Also by something I saw in the streets, whenever it comes.

TINA: What is the weirdest place you were struck by inspiration for your fanfic? Did you write the plot?
If yes what is the title of the fanfic?
DANA: Hmm I don’t remember to have been struck by inspiration in a weird place…

TINA: How much research do you do for your story?
DANA: I don’t do that much research but a little to try to be coherent. For an example, I’ve bought a book about Joseon to write the Legend of Iljaemae. For Meet me on the ring, I have watched a few matches and read about the rules of boxing. It’s always important to be a little coherent so the readers can be fully immersed in the story but it’s not always easy because reality doesn’t always match with fiction.

TINA: What is the easiest part of writing?
DANA: Personally, there are no easy part.

TINA: What is the hardest part of writing a story?
DANA: Conversations are the hardest part. I’m not a talkative person in real life and so it’s not always easy. And profound dialogues are the hardest of all.

TINA: The writer’s worst nightmare the dreaded writer’s block.
When is the worst writer’s block you ever had? How did you overcome it?
DANA: Two years ago, it ended last year. It was a weird period in my life. I met my boyfriend but argued with my mother. I was happy and sad at the same time. I had too much things going on in my head and it was hard. I don’t know how I overcame it. I guess thanks to my readers who left comments on my fanfic, asking me to come back. I wanted to apology again before them for the long wait. I would be nothing without you my dear readers.

TINA: Any useful tips on how to overcome the writer’s block?
DANA: Read back your fanfics, your readers’ comments and open a white sheet on your computer and write whatever comes in your mind.

TINA: Have you written any collaboration with other author’s? If yes name of the fanfic.
DANA: Nope.

TINA: How do you describe your writing style? Do you think you have your own personal writing style?
DANA: I try to write with a certain poetry (I don’t know if I succeed). Yes, I think.

TINA: How do you think you have evolved creatively throughout the years? Do you notice any change in the way you write?
DANA: I evolved a lot since my first story. I make less grammatical mistakes and less long sentences and paragraphs. I try to put less descriptions. Too much descriptions become hard to read. Creatively, I don’t know. I ask my readers if they find I’ve evolved?

TINA: How important are readers and their comments?
DANA: They are the most important, they give me the fuel to continue writing.

TINA: I have been a silent reader for few months before taking the steps to comment…
Any words for silent readers?
DANA: I understand you, I’ve been one. I’ve mostly written a comment at the end of the fanfic.

TINA: Do you read other yunjae fanfics? If yes name of the fanfic you loved?
DANA: Yes I have read. Nowadays I don’t read much. I think my most loved fanfic is Let’s play pretend by smexplicit. I can reread it a million of times! There are a lot of authors I love too but I won’t enumerate all of them XD. I have a French author I like a lot, Just-Mirotic. Her stories are beautifully written like Carpe Diem and Relation Privilégiée. I like to reread them sometimes.

TINA: Are you friends with any other author’s?
DANA: Yes but not friends like friends in real life.

TINA: How do you make your stories standout when there are heaps of other stories with similar plot lines?
DANA: Don’t know…

TINA: Has anyone stole your story and published under their name?
DANA: If yes, I’m not aware.

TINA: Thoughts on others stealing your work?
DANA: Do not steal.

TINA: How do you manage your time between your daily activities and updating stories?
DANA: I try to write whenever I can and whenever I feel like writing. I give myself deadlines too.

TINA: Do you have any favorite time of the day to write stories?
DANA: Late in the nights, it’s easier to write. I don’t know there is something about the night, it’s like you’re alone in the world and no one can bother you. I’m weird.

TINA: Your favorite genre to write?
DANA: Angst


ALL ABOUT STORIES....

TINA: What is the inspiration behind the fanfic “MEET ME ON THE RING”?
DANA: My life and there was a time I wanted to box.

TINA: Inspiration behind the fanfic
“DRAW ME A MELODY”?
DANA: When I was in the university, one of my teachers told us about the syndrome of chromesthesia and I thought it was awesome and then they installed pianos in train stations and it came like that.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“LOVE,LOVE…THE LOVE THAT ABANDONED ME”?
DANA: Jaejoong’s song inspired me and an argument with my brother helped me write the second part. It made me think about how society wanted us to be strong and pulled a mask on our face and how she didn’t want us to show our weakness.

TINA: Tell us about the fanfic
“THAT LINE THAT DEFINES MY LOVE”?
DANA:  It was written really quickly and I have nothing much to say about it…

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“I PROMISE I WON'T EVER FALL”?
DANA: I wanted to write about someone in love (or attracted) with Jaejoong at a first glance. I like this drabble a lot. It shows the power of Jaejoong to seduce anyone in a matter of a second. It can be Jaejoong or anyone else, someone who makes you fall for them and breaks you apart at the same time and on how fast it can happen.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“MADE IN WISHES”?
DANA: Hmm wishes are the first step. You have to make your wishes come true and it doesn’t come just like that.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“I PROMISE YOU”?
DANA: It’s about YunJae’s reunification. I took a lot of pleasure writing it. Maybe if I were to rewrite it, I would write it differently.

TINA: Of all the stories you wrote, is there any fanfic that has a very special place in your heart...if yes name of the fanfic and why
DANA: Ode to U. I wrote it for the Jaeho-xchange. I had three different plots and when I saw that one of them was about the war between the two Korea, I thought I would never choose this plot. War is not my favorite topic at all but weirdly I couldn’t write the two other plots so I had to write about war. And I think it’s one of my best fanfics.

TINA: Still writing or have you stopped now?
DANA: I’m still writing J

TINA: Any future yunjae fanfics you are working on currently?
DANA: Not really, I want to finish the stories I’ve begun.


All ABOUT .........

TINA: Tells us why are we so interested to read taboo topics when it comes to yunjae? Ex. ,cheating,home wrecker etc.
DANA: Hmm because it’s YunJae? We like to read but I don’t think we would want it to happen in real life. Personally I don’t like cheating YunJae…nor YJ with someone else.

TINA: How difficult or easy is writing ?
DANA: It’s a little difficult to make it as realistic as possible.

TINA: Do you blush or get embarrassed while writing ?
DANA: At first, yes but now, no.

TINA: How do you write the scene? What is the inspiration?
DANA: It comes like that, I want to write scenes that make my readers blush.

TINA: Have you ever watched GV(gay videos) before writing a scene?
DANA: Yes and it helps when you know nothing about it as a woman XD. I’ve read a lot about their sensation and how it works.

TINA: Has any family member or friends have ever walked on you while writing a scene?
DANA: Nope.

TINA: Thoughts after writing your first ever scene?
DANA: Oh My God Sun! It was embarrassing as hell, I was blushing and feeling hot all the while.

TINA: What is the secret of writing a scene that turns on your readers?
DANA: Hmm maybe not write all the details? Let their own imagination fill the blanks.

TINA: It is so heart breaking when u see your favorite authors deleting their journals or accounts, taking away the chance to reread some of your favorite stories...and having those wonderful stories lost…Have you anytime in future have plans on deleting your journal?
DANA:  No, I won’t.

TINA: Any words for the readers?
DANA: Thank you so much for your support and love. I would never be able to write without you. I love you.


END OF PART 2.