Chapter 3

Secret

Rocky POV

After the first time we ate lunch together, Areum came back. Sometimes I would make us lunch or we'll buy our lunch. We would eat together and afterwards Areum will read while I dance. Sometimes she would dance with me and help think of moves to put in my choreo.

"As usual, you're amazing." I said to her while huffing from all the dancing.

"You too." She said handing me a water bottle.

"Rocky swag." I said and she bursts out laughing.

"Rocky swag." She repeats, still laughing. We sit down next to each other.

"You can dance so well, why are you always reading?" I ask.

"Just like you love dancing, I like reading. Of course I can live if I don't read, but I think you might die if you don't get to dance." She jokes.

"Hey! I can live without dancing." I said. "Maybe."

She laughs. "Don't take it so seriously. I like you when your dancing."

"You like me?"

"When you're dancing!"

"So you don't like me when I'm not dancing? Oh man. I'll have to dance 24/7 then." I said standing up to start dancing.

"Stop." She laughs. "That's not what I meant." She drinks her water.

"I know." I said and sit down next to her. "Honestly. You're so good at dancing. I have been thinking this for awhile. You're dancing style is similar to my friend Moon Bin's."

She chokes on her water.

*************************************************

Areum POV

"A-are you ok?" He asks.

"M-Moon Bin as in 5'11", puppy-cat, sensitive olfactory sense Moon Bin?"

He nods. "Yeah. You know him?"

. They're friends?! Bin only has five best friends. He's one of them?

"Wait. W-what do your friends call you? Like...like your nickname." I ask.

"Rocky." He said.

. So he's Rocky. Now Rocky swag makes more sense. But honestly, I've never heard the girls call him Rocky before. It's usually oppa. Never Rocky. I thought he was a different popular student. Aish. I ed up. Gotta keep this a secret from Bin, huh? But he won't hurt his friend right?

"Are you ok?" Minhyuk asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Are you sure? You kinda zoned out there."

"Yes, I'm fine." I confirm.

"You...know Bin hyung?"

"Of course." I let out a nervous laugh. "Everyone knows him and his gang."

"But you didn't know me."

"I tend to ignore some things."

"Which happens to be me?"

"Yeeeaaah." I said turning to him whilst clapping my hands together. "Sorry."

"It's ok." He laughs.

"I'm really sorry."

"Hey. I said it's ok." He said then whispers my name. "Areum."

I look up and his face was centimeters from mine. We stare into each other's eyes, for I don't know how long, but the bell rings making me jump.

"Time to go back to class." I said making my way to the door.

"Areum, can I see you here after school?" Minhyuk asks.

"Sure." I nod and walk off.

*************************************************

"Minhyuk?" I ask opening the door to a dark room. "Minhyuk?"

"Boo!" He shouts jumping in front of me.

"Aaaaahhh!" I shout making Minhyuk laugh and turn on the lights. "Minhyuk!" I chase him around the room and finally corner him. I gently hit him multiple times.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He laughs taking hold of both my wrists stopping my movements. "I said I'm sorry." We stare at each other for awhile.

"Seriously. What are you doing scaring me like that." I pull away from him when I feel my cheeks burning. "So? What are we doing here?"

"To dance of course."

"You're gonna work on your dance again?"

"What? I like dancing. What did you think we were gonna do? Read?"

"Not a bad idea. We could."

"No. I don't like reading or studying. I'm not you."

I gasp. "Excuse me. Being me is pretty awesome."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you." He said quickly.

"I'm just playing with you. I understand. You enjoy dancing more then reading or studying. It's cool. So, why don't you start practicing."

"Ok." He said plugging in his phone and putting the music on. I watch him dance cheer him on.

"Go, Minhyuk! Go, Minhyuk! Go, Minhyuk! Whooo~"

He runs over and pulls me towards the center. "Dance with me."

"I don't know the dance!" I shout just busting out moves that I remember from lunch.

After the music ends, Minhyuk teaches me the choreo step by step. 45 minutes later, I lay down in the middle of the floor.

"I'm tired." I huff out with a laugh.

"This is just the beginning~." Minhyuk sings lying down next to me with his hand supporting his head.

"Are you serious?" I ask, turning towards Minhyuk faster than I should, making me lose balance and pushing him down.

"Ow." I said pulling away from Minhyuk but he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me back in place. Our faces were centimeters apart as he peers into my face. "W-what?" We both stare at each other in silence. "What?" I repeat. He did not say a word but presses his lips against mine and on my bottom lips trying to get me to kiss him back. Which I did.

*************************************************

Rocky POV

She kissed me back! She kissed me back! I continue to her lips. We switch angles and I start nibbling and . Just when I am about to slip my tongue into , her phone rings making her jump and scramble off me. I sit up and stare at her.

"I-I..." She stutters flabbergasted. Her phone rings again and she went to pick it up. Her eyes widen and she turns back to me. "I have to go."

"See you tomorrow?" I ask hoping the answer is yes. Please say yes.

"Y-Yeah." She said grabbing her things and running off. When she is out of my sight, I lay down again with a content sigh. She said yes even though I kissed her. Rocky swag. I hope tomorrow won't be too awkward.

"Why are you biting your lips with a stupid smile on your face?" MJ asks the next day at recess.

(a/n: Realize it's only ever recess, lunch or after school? Cause this is a romance. Forget the studying. 😂)

"I kissed her yesterday." I reply making them snap their heads towards me.

"What?!" The four shouts at me. Bin and I look at each other confused. We've been doing that lately.

"What." I repeat.

"Y-y-you kissed her?" JinJin stutters. I nod.

"A-are you two d-dating?" Sanha asks and I shake my head.

"Rocky!" The four shout again.

"What?" I ask totally confused as to why they're freaking out for no reason.

"Is there something that the four of you know and the two of us don't?" Bin asks.

"What? No. Nope. Nothing. Nada." They all said averting their gazes. Bin and I look at each other then shrug our shoulders.

*************************************************

"Don't force yourself." Areum said to me as I stare at the bento box she made.

"Rocky swag." I take a bite of her food, chew and swallow. I clear my throat and turn to her. "It's not bad for your first attempt." I said looking at her hands. They were wrapped in bandages. I grab her hand bringing it to my lips and kiss it. "It must've hurt."

She blush pulling her hands away from my grasp. "Don't eat it." She said trying to grab the box from my hand.

"No. It's mine. You gave it to me." I pull the box away from her reach.

"Don't force yourself. You'll get an upset stomach." She said reaching for the box.

"Stop. I'll drop it." I said lifting it above my head.

"Good. That way you won't get food poisoning." She got on her knees reaching for the box again.

"But you made it for me." I pull the box away and we both fall onto the floor with her on top of me. We stare at each other. I raise my brow at her. She blushed and pull away sitting up. I sit up with her and look over at the spilled lunch box. "And you tried so hard."

"It's ok! I prefer that you don't eat it and stay healthy over you eating it getting food poisoning."

"It wasn't that bad."

"It was burnt! No one burns gyeranmari (egg roll - literally)!" I shout.

He chuckles. "It tasted fine."

"I'm not going to make a bento for you anymore." She said. "I don't want you to get sick."

"You're right. You shouldn't cook anymore." I said grabbing her hand and bring it to my lips. "You're hurting your beautiful hands."

"Blegh." She pretends to vomit trying to suppress her smile at my sweet words.

"I should go buy us some bread." I said walking off.

*************************************************

Areum POV

Minhyuk leaves the dance room and I clean up the mess. I look at my own lunch box and took a bite. Disgusting. I can't believe he said it was ok. I threw out the contents from both lunch boxes and my phone sounds off. I pull it out of my pocket.

Bin

Bin: Where are you?

Areum: On school campus

Bin: Where exactly?

Minhyuk enters the room and I ignore the text putting it on silent and stuffing it in my pocket.

"Custard or glazed?" He asks.

"It doesn't matter."

"Choose."

"Switch it."

"Huh?

I close my eyes. "Did you switch it around?"

"Yes."

"Mm. Then this one."

"Custard." He said placing it in my hands. We sit and eat. "Is it good?" I nod at his question. "I want a taste." I turn to him and offer him my custard bread. Instead of eating the bread, he pressed his lips against mine and slips his tongue in my mouth. We kiss for a few seconds before he pulls away. "Sweet." He said his lips. I blush at his action and continue to eat my bread pretending to be calm about what just happened.

*************************************************

I couldn't concentrate in class because of Minhyuk's kiss. I blush again at the memory.

"Areum." Bin said interrupting my reminiscing.

"What's with the ambush?" I ask.

"Where were you at lunch?"

"Eating with a friend." I reply.

"That's what you've been saying for the past few weeks."

"Because that's what I've been doing for the past few weeks.

"You won't answer your phone. You won't answer my texts properly. Are you avoiding me?"

"Avoiding is a bit..." I let out a sigh. "I'm not, ok."

"Liar. You're breaking up with me, aren't you?"

"I'm not breaking up with you!" I shout at him. "I...tsk..forget it. Just go home."

*************************************************

Meanwhile...

"I want to support Rocky, but Bin is our friend too." JinJin said.

"If we stand by Bin, what about Rocky?" Sanha asks.

"Aah, those two are killing me." MJ said letting out a sigh.

"Will they break the bro code?" Eunwoo wonders. "That's the real question."

"I think we should support Rocky." Sanha said coming to a decision.

"But what about Bin?" Eunwoo asks.

"I think, let's not worry about something that hasn't happened yet." JinJin said.

"You're right. Let's just deal with the problem when it happens." MJ agrees.

"I just hope it won't be too much trouble when that time comes." Eunwoo said.

*************************************************

Rocky POV

After the first few kisses, kissing just seems to be flowing naturally. We would kiss here and there, between dancing and reading time. There are times where I would interlace her hands with mine or put my arms around her waist or shoulders as if she was mine. I've never confess to her and she's never confess to me. Being like this doesn't really bother me, but I wonder if it bothers her. I wonder if she feels the same way I do about her. Honestly, I do want something more solid between us. A proper word that describes our relationship.

I look at my watch. Areum's late. Usually she should be here by now. She comes immediately after the bell rings and we eat lunch together before we start working on the dance together. But she's not here. She's ten minutes late. Where is she? I pull out my phone.

Eunwoo

Rocky: Did Areum come by?

Eunwoo: No. Why?

I put my phone back in my pocket and walk around the school corridors hoping maybe I'll run into her. Which I did. Towards the more isolated place of the school. I was going to call out to her but stop to hide behind a corner. She was cautiously looking around. When she believe that it was "safe", she turns back and pulls a bored looking Bin along. She looks around once more before letting go of Bin's hand and turning to face him. They exchange a few words before Bin pulls her into a hug. She pulls away from him and they continue to talk. He leans down and she covers his mouth pushing him away. She threatens him with her fist and he reluctantly lets go. She says something and pushes Bin away. She's rejecting him, right?

*************************************************

Areum POV

I came out of the restroom and came face to face with Bin.

"Bin." I said looking around. "Come with me." I look around cautiously making sure no one is around to see us together. I grab his hand and lead him to a more isolated place. I look around making sure no one is close by and let go of his hands turning to face him. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I miss you."

"We see each other everyday."

"It's not the same." He said pulling me into a hug.

"Let go." I pull away from him.

"Why? Are you afraid that someone will see us together?" Bin asks. "Who? A guy?"

"It's not like that. Guy or girl, it doesn't matter. I don't want anyone to see us together."

"Honestly, I don't care. I can tell the whole school about our relationship."

"Bin!" I shout. "You know what, just...go back. Leave me alone."

"Ok, but first..." he leans down and I cover his mouth with my hand pushing him back.

"Not at school. Do you want me to hit you." I threaten him with my fist. "Go." I turn him and push him away. Bin lets out a sigh with and eye roll and shakes his walking off. When Bin is out of sight, I let out a sigh and turn back.

"Hey." Minhyuk said. Great. I shoo one popular kid away and another shows up. Of course, not that I mind, but I wonder, how long has he been here?

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You were late. I was looking for you." He said. "Let's go." He reaches for my hand and I pull away.

"Not here."

"Why? You don't want others to see us together?" He asks.

"Yes. Especially the fussy girls. You're a popular student, remember? I don't want to stand out too much in school. I want to graduate high school peacefully."

"I understand." He said. "Let's go."

When we step inside the dance room he hands me a lunch box.

"Here. Eat."

"Thanks." I accept the food and we eat in silence. Minhyuk seems to zone out as time passes by. "Minhyuk." I shake him to his attention. "Are you ok?"

*************************************************

Rocky POV

"Areum." I start. "Are you hiding something from me?"

"N-no." She stutters. Why are you lying?

"What we've been doing for the past two months...did it mean anything to you?" I ask.

"Huh?"

"Do you...like me?"

"Eh?"

"Never mind. Forget it." I dismiss the topic.

"Minhyuk, I-" The bell rings interrupting her sentence.

"Let's go." I said not wanting to hear the answer, afraid that she'll reject me. While heading to class I text the boys.

Astro

Rocky: Hang out after school?

JinJin: Can't. Busy with Drama Club.

Eunwoo: Library duties

Sanha: I got a date.

MJ: Have an essay due.

Bin: Busy.

*************************************************

I walk off the school campus alone. "So much for friends." I grumble. "Not hanging out with me after school. And I'm not in a good mood too."

"Says the person who, on a daily basis, ditch them to dance." My angel said.

"Hey. They're my friends. They should understand. If they don't, what kind of friends are they?" The devil retorts.

"It's not fair to them. You leave them when you want, but they can't leave you when they're busy? You're an evil person."

"Ugh! Shut up!" I shout to myself and turn the corner. I step back and hid in the corner. I peek out. Bin is holding a foil above his head and the girl, who turns out to be Areum, is jumping up and down trying to reach it. They both seem to be having so much fun laughing and all. Bin finally brings it down and feeds her the content. She smiles brightly and feeds him next.

I scoff. I thought he was "busy". Didn't she...reject him?

===================================

Hah~ Rocky is so cute. The whole Rocky swag thing makes him so cute. Ugh! I need to pull myself together. Calm the down!

Calm the  down!