Chapter 4

Secret

Areum POV

"You have been smelling like seafood lately." Bin said.

"Eh?" I sniff my clothes. "It's just you and your sensitive olfactory sense."

"Because it's sensitive, I can smell it. Did you eat seafood?"

I shake my head. "No. Not at all."

"Must be a person then. Who have you been hanging out with lately?"

"A friend?"

"Why is that a question? You don't know if you're friends?"

"Mm." I nod. "Our relationship is a bit...forget about me. What about you? Missed me?"

"Mm." Bin nods. "I usually see you at lunch everyday and you suddenly disappear on me. I felt like you were breaking up with me."

"Ah, ah. Don't be sad. I'll make it up to you. I'll buy you food."

Bin shook his head. "I'll buy it." He enters the convenience store and came out with kimbap.

"Ooh~ gimme." I said and Bin raise it above his head. "Hey." I jump up and down trying to reach it making Bin laugh. "Give it to me. Aah~ you're so tall it's not fair!" Bin continue to have it high in the air. "Give it to me or I'm breaking up with you."

"I'm sorry. Don't break up with me." Bin said. "Here, I'll even feed you." Bin put the food in my mouth.

"Good boy. Here. I'll feed you too." I grab a piece and stuff it in his mouth.

*************************************************

I look at my watch. Minhyuk is late. I pull out my book and start reading. Reading really makes time go by. The bell rings signaling the end of lunch. He never showed up. I let out a sigh and head back to class.

*************************************************

Another day at lunch and Minhyuk did not sow up again. It's been a week now. I let out a sigh. Where is he? I hope he's ok. I don't have his number either. I let out another sigh.

"Minhyuk!" I said running up to him in an empty street. He turns to me. "Are you ok? Where have you been? I haven't been seeing you during lunch."

"I was...busy." He replies.

"Ah." I nod. "When will you come back to the dance room for lunch? Or are you letting me make that place my lair?"

"I'll see you tomorrow then. I have something to tell you."

"Mm. Ok." I nod with a smile. "See you tomorrow then."

I wait for Minhyuk in the dance room as promised. I was starting to read when he opens the door.

"Minhyuk!" I stand up to greet him. "You're here."

"Mm." He nods. "The reason why I haven't been here lately is because-"

"Minhyuk oppa." A girl said clinging to his arm. I raise my brow at them.

"Areum, this is Eunji, my girlfriend."

"Hi." She greets me with one of those fake high pitch voices.

"Hi." I greet back.

"Oppa, who is she?"

"Ah, this is Areum...my friend."

I let out a small scoff. "So? Are you going to hang around here-"

"No." Minhyuk shakes his head. "You're here so-"

"It's fine!" I cut him off. "This place was your space to begin with. I'll be going then. Please excuse me." I pick up my things and walk out. The moment I step out from the door, tears brim my eyes and I run for it.

*************************************************

JinJin POV

We were playing basketball at the courts when Bin suddenly stops.

"What's wrong?" We ask.

"My senses are tingling."

"Bin!" Areum shouts hugging him. We all look at each other with wide eyes. Right on!

"Hey. I thought you said you didn't want me to talk to you at school?" Bin asks. "Hey, are you crying?" Areum shakes her head and Bin pulls away from her to look at her face. "You're crying! No wonder I got a chill. Who made you cry?"

"It's nothing." She sniffs. "I just...it's not anyone's fault. It's just me being stupid."

"Who is it? Whoever hurts my sister shall talk with my fist! Take me to him!" Bin yells. Areum shakes her head.

"Uh, Bin! Areum ran here to find you. She must be thirsty. Go buy her a drink." I order him.

"Do you want that baby?" Bin asks. Areum nods. "I'm going, ok. Wait for me here. I'll be back with your drink." Areum nods again and Bin walks off.

"Areum, is it Rocky? Did he make you cry?" I ask and she looks up at me shocked.

"H-how?"

"We all know that you've been secretly hanging out with him." MJ said.

"The only one who doesn't know is Bin." Eunwoo said.

"So? What did Rocky hyung do to you?" Sanha asks and she shakes her head again.

"You can tell us. We won't tell Bin." I assure her.

"He has a girlfriend." She said.

"Huh?" We all shout surprised.

"When did he get a girlfriend?" MJ mouths to us and we all shrug.

"I...I thought he liked me, but...he introduced me to his girlfriend today. Did he play me?"

"I'm going to kill him!" I shout and he others hold me back.

"JinJin calm down!" Eunwoo shouts.

"Let go! I'm going to kill that bastard. Bin isn't needed. I'll go kill him myself!" I struggle from the others' graps.

"JinJin!" Areum holds onto me. "It's ok."

"But-"

"It's not his fault. I was stupid on my own. Don't tell Bin oppa about it and don't do anything to Minhyuk too, ok?"

"Areum." We all said her name softly and full of sympathy. We pull her into a group hug.

"It's ok, Areum noona. We're here for you."

"Thank you, Sanha."

"Let go of my sister." Bin orders and we immediately do what he says with our hands in surrender mode. "Here, baby." Bin hands her a drink. "So? Why were you crying? Who's the  I have to kill?"

"Are you going to beat up a book?" She asks.

"Huh?"

"I read this sad book. There was a couple and the girlfriend got cancer and died and that was the end of the story. Can you believe it?!"

"That's it?" Bin asks.

She nods. "I told you that I was being stupid on my own."

Bin pulls her into a hug. "Seriously, why do you get so sensitive about a book? This isn't the first time too."

Areum laughs. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok." Bin ruffles her hair. "That's what I'm here for. To console you. Oh! I know. How about ice cream after school to cheer you up?"

"Mm." She nods. "Bin oppa, you're the best!"

*************************************************

After school, as promised, Bin leaves school with Areum for ice cream. I, on the other hand, decide to look for a certain someone.

"JinJin hyung, where are you going?" Sanha asks. I didn't reply and keep walking at a fast pace.

"Please don't tell us you're going to the dance room." Eunwoo said.

"And we're at the dance room." MJ states as I open the door.

"Rocky!" I shout walking over to him. I grab him by the shoulder turning him to face me and punch him in the jaw. He falls into the floor clutching his jaw. "You-" The other three pulls me away from him.

"JinJin, calm down!" MJ yells.

"What the hell is that for?!" Rocky shouts standing up.

"Trust me, you know." I said and turn to walk away.

*************************************************

Rocky POV

I couldn't get over why JinJin punched me yesterday. He says that I know the reason but I really don't! I should ask him at recess when were at the fields.

"JinJin hyung." He glares at me. Guess he's still mad. "About yesterday-"

"Sanha, tell Rocky that I don't want to talk to him." He said.

"Uh, JinJin hyung said-"

"I heard." I said. "But, about yes-"

"Do you realize that someone isn't here?" JinJin asks.

"Mm." I nod. "Bin isn't here."

"He's not the only one missing!" He shouts. "Ah, I forgot. You're so full of yourself, you could careless if someone else is missing." He said and walks away. Yep. Still angry alright.

"Who else is missing?" I ask the others.

"Do you know why Bin isn't here?" Eunwoo asks and I shake my head.

"Well, the other missing person is the sole reason why Bin isn't here." MJ states.

"If you want to know who it is, go look around. You'll realize who's missing. They're closer to you than you think." Sanha adds and they all walk away.

I run around the school looking for the other missing person. Who could it be? Who is so important that Bin will skip school for? I run past the library and came to a stop. It couldn't be...I go inside and down to the basement level. I walk throughout the whole floor and she isn't present. Areum isn't here either? I scoff. Of course. Those two are together.

*************************************************

"Is something wrong between you and JinJin?" Bin asks during recess. "I realized he's ignored you for a whole week now."

I shake my head. "I don't know."

"Well, I'm gonna go buy snacks. Y'all want anything?" After he receives our orders, he walks off.

"JinJin hyung. It's been a week, please talk to me." He ignored me completely. "Jin-"

"JinJin!" Someone else yells catching his attention.

"Areum!"

"JinJin!"

"Areum!" They both shout running towards each other dramatically. They know each other?! She jumps into his arms.

"I've been searching for you my love." JinJin said.

"I've been waiting for a thousand years." Areum says. "At last, we're in each other's arms." JinJin and Areum slowly lean in for a kiss.

I run up and cover JinJin's mouth pulling him back towards me. JinJin pulls away from me harshly. Yep. Still mad after a whole week.

"You ruined their drama." Sanha said.

"Huh? I-"

"I wasn't really gonna kiss her, you know. But if you're jealous, you can always go kiss your girlfriend."

"How..." I trail off and look at Areum. She turns away from me, indifferent about my presence.

"JinJin oppa, where's Binnie oppa?"

"You're here for Bin? I thought you were here for me?" JinJin asks faking offense.

"Aw~ my precious JinJin oppa. Of course I'm here for you." She said clinging onto his arm. "Look at this cute face! How can I not I love you."

"Areum noona! I'm cute too!" Sanha said doing aegyo. She's knows Sanha too?!

"He has no shame." Eunwoo said with a laugh.

"Areum, Bin is buying some snacks. He'll be here shortly." MJ said. "Oh! Speak of the devil." And MJ?! They all know her?!

"Areum!" Bin shouts running up to the rest of us. "You're here. You want some snacks."

"Can I really?"

"Mm." Bin nods. "Which one do you want, love?" Areum picks out a snack. "Let me feed you. Ah~" Areum presses her lips together and shakes her head. "Don't reject me." She gulps and opens letting him feed her. She chews on the snack and looks at me. I turn away at their PDA. I feel like suffocated like something is smothering my breathing. I feel uncomfortable with Areum being so close to another man who isn't me. I wonder if Bin was her first kiss.

The bell rings and Bin pouts. "I don't want you to go."

"I'll see you after school!" She waves walking away.

*************************************************

"What a surprise. You're here with us for lunch." Bin said. We all sit under the trees near the basketball court.

"Don't you usually go to the library for lunch?" I ask him. "Because it's quiet there and all."

He shakes his head with a laugh. "I only go there because of Areum. Ah, I forgot. You don't know who she is." Yes, I do. "I'll introduce her to you next time." I nod.

"Are you skipping library duty?" I ask as the others join us for lunch.

"Yah. I'm not the only one who works in the library." Eunwoo said.

"Oh! You guys want to hang out this weekend?" Bin asks. "Let's go to an arcade."

"I don't think Rocky will be there." JinJin said glaring at me. "After all he has a girlfriend."

"Oh! You're dating the girl you like? Congratulations." Bin said.

"It's a different one." I state.

"Oh! Why?" Bin asks.

"Whatever. Just know that I'll be there this weekend." I said.

====================================

I showed Astro to my brother and this conversation ensued.
Bro: He looks like Seventeen's Vernon.
Me: I thought so too.
Bro: Is he half too?
Me: No, from what I know, he's fully Korean.

Bro: Is he half too?Me: No, from what I know, he's fully Korean

Ain't he a cutie?