Life's Melody

Of The Flower Shop, The Law Firm and The Studio

Author's Note : I'm so sorry about the late update, it should be onlast weeek but the school stuffs choked me enought T^T... English is not my first language, all the fault are mine. Please enjoy :) Happy reading!


 

Life’s Melody

 

 

So, how about tomorrow night?”

Li Yuqi gives her charming smile and lean back on her chair, the other girl only can fidgeting with her fingers and smiling shyly on the sofa.

“mm.. I- I don’t know how to answer this.”

“it just a friendly café date, I don’t think there’s something wrong with that Li Xingyu? Or do you expect something more? I’m honestly a bit hurt when I see you choose a kid like, who is her name again? Xu Zixuan? over me.” Li Yuqi faked a hurt expression and stare at the girl again. The girl, Li Xingyu was like caught off guard.

“Ohh uhm.. Luo Luo is my senior.”

“uhum ~ and?” Now, Li Yuqi walks over her and crouch down in front of her.

“Uhh.. Producer Li, I think you’re being too close now.”

“So, what about that? I like to see pretty girls up close to appreciate their beauty and you’re definitely a beauty.” Another charming smile.

“Pro- producer Li-“

And just like that, the studio door opened.

“Li Yuqi how’s the recording going-“

The girls inside snapped their head together to the source of the sounds and they only see unamused looking, Xu Chenchen (she even rolled her eyes). Knowing this, Li Xingyu tried her chance to escape.

“I- I’d take my leave now, see- uh see you soon producer Li.” And she dashed out from the studio.

Xu Chenchen only could shake her head and close the studio door.

“This is why, you never have long last relationship.”

“Oh come on, it was harmless. She is still a kid, I’m not gonna do anything to her. Well, unless she want it too?” Li Yuqi laughed and lean back to her couch, start to open her computer again.

“Yeah, last time you said that you kissed Yuan Yuzhen straight on her lips.” Xu Chenchen crossing her arms in front of her chest and looking at Li Yuqi while raising an eye brows. Li Yuqi laugh and looking back at her.

“That lipstick incident huh? I didn’t even think that she’ll kissed me for real but who said ‘Mao Mao my lipstick was about to ran out now’ after knowing that story huh? Definitely not a Xu ChenChen huh?” She smirks and Xu Chenchen scoffed over her remarks.

“Li Yuqi, this is why we aren’t working.”

“You love me before-“

“Loved.”

“Fineeeee.”

And that’s just another day of Li Yuqi’s life. Li Yuqi, a new rising producer on town. She always that greasy but deep down everybody know her that she is a caring yet a lovable person. Li Yuqi has a big passion for music and that’s why after few struggles and else, she finally could set up her own studio, with her friend and somewhat ex Xu Chenchen they work together. Li Yuqi would write the song, compose it and Xu Chenchen will sing it for her then they will send their demo to a bigger label or even sometimes for idols company. The payment was good and they live well with that.

“Remember one time you flirted with Xiao Ai?” Xu Chenxhen said while reading the lyric on the papers.

“Wait what?”

“That time when we had a gathering together with Xiao Ai, Yuzhen, Danni and Mo Han. Everyone tease you for being a flirt and you were like ‘I don’t flirt, Hong Peiyun did that more than me’ but then when Xiao Ai tried to persuade you, you were like ‘Hong Peiyun said lots of things, but I don’t remember it all because I only remember you’.”

“Oh God, why you gotta remember it all.” Li Yuqi groaned and Xu Chenchen laugh.

“It was funny but- Ohh speaking of the girls, I suddenly remember that Mo Han just come into the town, and I heard that she just recently open a new flower shop.”

“Really?! Wow so much for being a best friend, she didn’t even call me yet.” She sulked and fake a pout.

“Try to call her then, I doubt she is not gonna answer that.”

000

Li Yuqi did really called her that day and there’s no doubt that Mo Han really answered her call. Li Yuqi start with complaining their bestfriend status because Mo Han didn’t even tell her that she came into the town. They talked for hours, asking about each other’s daily life and bantering like old friend do to each other until Mo Han had to hang up her call because she heard someone entering her flower shop. Li Yuqi feel a bit sad but at the same time she let Mo Han hang up their call and told her she’ll call her again later and they should meet soon to catch up with each other.

“You can hang up our call now, but remember I’ll never hang up my feeling for you.” Li Yuqi said teasingly over the phone and she can hear Mo Han loud scoffs from the line.

“I wonder why we are being friends for a long time Li Yuqi.”

“Because I’m cool and you love me?”

“You’re gross and you know that.”

“Ouch, that’s hurt- but since it comes from you I’ll let it pass.”

“Goshh Mao Mao-“

“Okay okay” Li Yuqi laughs over the phone, teasing Mo Han is always that fun.

“I don’t want to admit it but talking to you is fun but I really have to go now, I don’t like to make my costumer waiting.”

“So, your costumer is more important than me now?”

“Li Yuqi.” Mo Han said this in a firm tone

“Fine!! Alright! I’ll hang up now, good luck Mo Mo I Love you!”

And the line, goes off.

000

One call turned out into many calls. Li Yuqi found herself reuniting with Mo Han, it’s not only over the call and the text they send to each other. Li Yuqi start to pay a visit over Mo Han’s flower shop as well. When she wasn’t that busy she’ll come and talk to her best friend. It’s a friendly thing and it’s a best friend thing­- she said. But little did she knows, those meetings, calls and text only make her harbor a new feeling for her. Feeling that she won’t think that she is ready to accept.

On one café date they have, like every cliché drama. Mo Han has a chocolate over her lips and Li Yuqi wipes it for her,

“Are you five? I know you’re cute but why are you eating like this?” She said after done wiping Mo Han’s lips with tissue.

“Are you always like this to every girls you bring on your date Li Yuqi?” Mo Han replied her back and Li Yuqi found herself smile at her.

“You’re an exception.”

“Ohh Gosh, I didn’t order any cheese for this lunch with you.”

And just like that, they laugh together.

000

Mo Han is her best friend. Someone she used to grown up with on the university together, someone she used to drink with, and someone she used to banter with. That’s only after they grown up, they somehow lost their way to each other. But now, that Mo Han back in town she didn’t know if the rabbit like girl is only a mere best friend for her or its more.

Li Yuqi have always known that Mo Han is a cute girl with savage yet complicated attitude but actually a soft hearted inside, but Li Yuqi herself didn’t know since when looking at Mo Han is a different thing now. She was probably in denial, she won’t accept it yet. Not until one day Xu Chenchen knocked her sense and triggering her.

“You looks like you’re in love.”- Typical Xu Chenchen and her straight forwardness.

“And why is that?” Li Yuqi asked back without looking at her partner who sit on the studio’s sofa and reading her lyric for their next demo song. Her eyes kept looking at the monitor in front of her until one beeping sound from the phone next to her and all of her focus gone into her phone. She smiled, it’s a text from Mo Han

From : Mo Han

“Eat me huh? You never get a smack from me or what?”

She chuckled, Mo Han is always like that and the fact she just teasingly said she want to eat her for dinner food only make the later sent her text like this.

“See? I don’t need to tell you, your face telling me everything.” Xu Chenchen put her lyric sheets back on coffee table and lean back on the sofa.

“What are you talking about?”

“Li Yuqi, suddenly writing bunch of love song and an unrequited love song unless something didn’t happen, there’s no way a girl like you write this kind of thing.” Li Yuqi only frowned over Xu Chenchen’s remarks on her.

“What are you trying to say?”

“We maybe only together for a while, but I read you like a book Mao Mao.” She gets up and walk over to her and smiled while holding Li Yuqi’s shoulder after they’re close enough. “I know that look you gave to Mo Han when you’re looking at her years before, even when we were together or even when you were with Dai Meng. It’s always been there, you maybe not notice it, or maybe you were too in love with Dai Meng that time and Mo Han wasn’t here with us.”

Li Yuqi looking at her with disbelieve, why … why Xu Chenchen has to bring this up …

“CC …”

“Face it, we never know if someday you meet again with her.. Let go of your past Mao Mao. If you really want a future with Mo Han.”

000

It was a few days after Xu Chenchen said those things to her, she went out again with Mo Han. They went for another date together, just the two of them, a friendly date they called. This time Li Yuqi treat her dinner and they even went to the arcade for a while, relieving their stress over the adult life and reminiscing their youth. They laugh, they banters and they had their fun together until it was almost midnight and Li Yuqi brought her to drive into the hills.

“You won’t try to kidnap me, won’t you?”

“You’re gonna be a big troublesome girl if I kidnap you.” Mo Han only scoffs at this.

When they reach their destination, Li Yuqi was the first one to get out from the car and asked her to sit together on the hood of her car.

“What actually your plan tonight Li Yuqi?”

“Nothing, I just want to watch the city from here with you, and the stars too. It’s beautiful from up here.”

Mo Han only nods and looking straight into the city. Li Yuqi was right, the city was beautiful from up here. The lights and the stars above them as well. They went silent after that, not an uncomfortable one but that one where you don’t need any words to speak and just enjoy each other presence, basking each other presence, your companion with you.

“Mo Mo.”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you for being my friend,”

“What are you talking about? Why are you like this Mao Mao?”

“I just want to thank you, I feel like I don’t thank you enough.”

“You’re silly.”

Mo Han playfully hits her shoulder and chuckles. Li Yuqi chuckles along with her and wrap her hands around her shoulder, bring Mo Han closer to her and Mo Han didn’t even object that.

“I mean it when I say that.”

“I know you are.”

“I hope you understand.”

“I always understand it.”

And they stared to each other. Li Yuqi smiled and she saw the same mirrored smile on Mo Han’s face. She lost on her eyes, eyes that so pretty up close. She never know what Xu Chenchen said was right, she has to admit it.. She is in love, and it’s none other than Mo Han that she is in love with.

Let go of the past,

Just like that, she leaned closer. Mo Han already had her eye close but Li Yuqi know it better so she just softly kissed her crown there, she will put Mo Han always before her. She kissed her long enough to tell her how much she means to her and how much she cherish her.

“Thank you Mo Han.”

000

After that kiss, Li Yuqi start to ponder again, was she doing the right thing? Was she ready for the new one? Was she- too many was but Xu Chenchen always assure her that she should moving on and start a new things. She was glad, Xu Chenchen was indeed a best friend she could ever asked for and with that, today Li Yuqi think that it was the day where she gonna confess to Mo Han. Li Yuqi wasn’t dumb she knows it well that she wasn’t the only one who tried to fight for Mo Han, she knows Mo Han smile when they are together and she open her phone and another left over cup of milk tea on Mo Han’s cashier table, it was enough for her to know it all.

Li Yuqi won’t lose, not for the second time when she had her relationship broken down because her reckless action not now, not again and never. Since words will never be taken seriously and action only seen as way to flaunt Li Yuqi knows it better, her songs will speak for her and that’s why she has been working hard making a song. A song that sincerely tell her how she feels.

Right now, she already inside Mo Han’s flower shop and she already plan to tell her what she feels from the song first and then she will tell her everything.

“What are you doing here Mao Mao?”

“I have a new song, I want you to be the first one to hear it.”

“I guess it’s a special song then since you want me to hear it, wasn’t it?”

“It’s indeed special Mo Han.”

She walks over and after they was close enough she smiles at her. Mo Han smiled back and it gives her warm feelings. She put her headphone one Mo Han and start to play the song form her phone.

Mo Han smiles, ­

She likes it wasn’t she?

 

Li Yuqi was certain that Mo Han will like it, she was happy- however she heard a sudden bell ring from the front door and cheerful (of a bit husky voice)

“Mo Han!”

Really, Li Yuqi already known that voice enough like back of her hand, a voice that was once she heard almost everyday on her life, a voice that one she heard when she wake up and a voice that she heard when she was about to sleep.

“Oh, Dai Meng! Welcome! ” Mohan suddenly cheered back with genuine smile and take off a headphone on her ear.

Li Yuqi didn’t expect this, it was her and she was standing there looking not so different from the last day they met each other suddenly everything was make a sense, the familiar smile on Mo Han’s lips, the left over cup of milk tea on Mo Han’s cashier desk. It was all her, it’s her and it’s none other than-

“Dai Meng.”