Heart and It’s Law

Of The Flower Shop, The Law Firm and The Studio

Author's Note :  Disclaimer, english is not my first language so i'd like to apologize for the errors and typos later, i hope you guys still could enjoy it :) Happy reading! comments are welcomed as well :)


 

Heart and it’s law

Dai Meng was always that thoughtful and care towards everything. She cares about her job, cares about her appearance (well this one is a bit questionable when she is in Sunday morning lazy mood) cares about her adopted child  niece (that live with her) Zhang Yuge, cares about her fellow lawyers, cares about her best friend Xu Jiaqi (even with her dramatic love-life with her CEO) and the list could go on longer than her weakly case report. She was basically a caring person, but that’s not mean she’ll care when there’s a new openly flower shop across her lawyer firm. Well, that’s what she thought. She didn’t really pay attention, because; one, she wasn’t really a fan of flower and two, flower only remind her of her past relationship. Dai Meng really won’t care if there is that small girl who arrange the flower every morning in front of the shop that she only can take a look at her backside when she has to go to her law firm, so much for not caring at all.

However, that one day when Xu Jiaqi has to call her on the midnight with panic voice and made her almost jump from cuddling with her niece on the couch doing movie marathon. It was actually turned out that Xu Jiaqi only need a help for finding a perfect-bucket-of flowers-for-a-perfect-person-that-she-tried-to-impress-but-try-to-not-like-she-was-head-over-heels-for or to be short her CEO. Dai Meng feels like she really want to smack the hell outta Xu Jiaqi right there but when she saw her niece already fall asleep she whispers with a hint of yelling,

You’re lucky that you are my bestfriend, I hate you but sure I’ll find a BEST BUCKET FLOWER that ever exist just because it’s for your CEO!” of course Xu Jiaqi will rebute back,

Hey! Miss Wu is mine stay back you oldie-“

“Bye, goodnight!”

“Eh eh Dai Meng-“

 And the line was dead.

Dai Meng was never be the one who lie or keep an empty promise that’s why in the next day she really went to the flower shop, looking for the flower Xu Jiaqi asked her. Dai Meng only know one flower shop in town and it’s none other than that new flower shop across her law firm. She went there alone, with lazy yet not so lazy mood just because it’s for her bestfriend. She already standing in front of there and the flower shop was painted soft pink and white. DaiMeng push the main door and the bell on the top of the door jiggles, telling the owner that a costumer has come inside.

“Excuse me?” –She said

Dai Meng didn’t see anyone, even in the back of the cashier table (or what she actually thing it was) so she just went to take a look around the flower shop. It was nice, everything look simple yet beautiful and she was lost in her own world until she heard a soft voice behind her

“Oh- Welcome here! I’m sorry I was at the back, what can I do for you miss?” Dai Meng turned around, however she didn’t expect herself to be lost in her own world again.

There this girl, who has a round cute face, black hair, bangs and small body that she thought was a kid or probably the owner’s daughter who always arrange the flower every morning.

“Miss?”

Dai Meng was never really pay attention, but now this girl was standing up close in front of her and gosh she was enough to make Dai Meng want to take her into the court and sue her right away.

“Hello, miss? You still there”

Sue her, for existing, sue her for being so cute, sue her for making Dai Meng completely like a fool and sue her for stealing her heart away in only one look.

“I can sue anyone who breaks the law and won the case on the court, but can I sue you for stealing my heart?” Dai Meng blurt it out of nowhere

“Sorry, what?” The florist tilted her head in confusion, and Dai Meng swear she was making fool of herself when she realized what she said just now, she really want to dig a hole and just jump straight right there, but- this florist is too cute and Dai Meng was completely under her fingertip.

“Ugh no ugh- yeah nevermind haha” Dai Meng awkwardly laugh and rub back of her neck, a thing she did whenever she was embarrassed or nervous, and it was both now.

“So-“

“Ohh, right, oh my friend want me to find a bucket of flower for her CEO so yeah my friend mm yeah my friend.”

“So, your friend huh?” The florist chuckle and Dai Meng want to slap herself to be so weak and just melted by that once chuckle, gosh so whipped.

“yeah, yeah my friend!”

“Alright, what kind of flowers?”

“Rose”

“Ah, I see. Let me arrange it for you.”

And then she saw the florist doing her job, picking out few stem of the rose and put it neatly into a bucket of it and Dai Meng swear there’s nothing beautiful than this. Rose is beautiful but watching this lady doing her job with her smile and delicate fingers while her face looks so passionate doing her job was more beautiful for Dai Meng.

000

It was few days after that Xu Jiaqi manage to meet her and give her bone-crushing hug in fron’t of her law firm before drag her into the cafe across the street and of course right when they finished their order and  looking for a place to seat Xu Jiaqi started to blabbering about her hot CEO again.

“You know what? She loves that rose I gave her, she said it’s pretty and she said thank you to me? Can you imagine that? Wu Zhehan said thank you to me!” Dai Meng could only nods while Xu Jiaqi already so giddy telling her.

“I’m glad it works.”

“Yeah of course it works, I have to say thank you to you. Like seriously, where do you find that? I mean which flower shop? I’ll go there and order there next time.”

“You what?” Dai Meng was alarmed, she didn’t know why but a part of her really won’t tell her bestfriend which flower shop is that and part of her really want to keep it a secret that she met a beautiful florist and she won’t let anyone know it. However, the real reason was probably she only needs a valid reason to meet the florist without sounding stupid or sounds like she tried to hit on the florist, well honestly speaking she didn’t even know the florist’s name but whatever she’ll know it soon like soon!

“I want to go there,”

“You don’t have to.”

“Why?”

“I can do it for you, I mean you must be busy to take care your job and arranging Miss Wu’s schedule while I haven’t meet any hard case to solve these days, I can definitely help you.” Xu Jiaqi frowned at this

“Are you up to no good Dai Meng?” Dai Meng want to rebute back but the café door opened and she saw her again, that florist lady, she stepped inside the café and make a quick order of coffee and cake then left, she was dressed more casual today and she tied her hair into ponytail, swooning was understanding but right now in front of Xu Jiaqi,

“Because I’m your bestfriend that you could ever get and I know you really want to win Wu Zhehan’s heart.”

000

One day become two days and go one, Dai Meng keep coming into the flower shop with “friend” excuse, of course the florist would or chuckle over her lame excuse but slowly but sure they developed their friendship and finally Dai Meng get to know her name, Mo Han. A month has passed since Dai Meng got to know the florist’s name and there, Dai Meng also slowly build a courage to go to the florist without using the lame excuse. Dai Meng always find herself smiling around Mo Han, with her everything feel better even when Mo Han was tired and barely talk, Dai Meng find herself cheering her and make a lame jokes that could crack a smile on Mo Han lips. Half of month later, Dai Meng found herself in front of Mo Han sitting on the café near there chatting around about their day, laughing and bantering with each other. Some other time, Dai Meng bought her a cup of milk tea and sandwich because somehow on her break she knows Mo Han tend to forgot to have her breakfast so she pay a visit there. She just happy doing these, taking care of other, much more if the other one is someone like Mo Han, someone that she adore,she want to protect and cherish.

Second month has been passed and she looks was more happier since she met Mo Han,while her bestfriend start to bug her like “you better tell me what’s going on behind that stupid smile or we are over as bestfriend!”,  her niece decide to confront her on their cuddle movie marathon session.

“You smile a lot these days, and you look happier.” Zhang Yuge start it and snuggle more into her neck.

“What are you talking about? I’m always happy.” She frowned

“But you look like someone who just win a lottery almost every morning.”

“Who tried to corrupt you this time? Did you just hanging out with Luo Luo this morning ? Or you meet Kong Xiaoyin somewhere?”

“Both, but Kong Xiaoyin just send me back home when she saw me on the street, I mean she take me to the café for meals and drive me home.” She smiled and Dai Meng has to flick her forehead. Dai Meng groaned, her fellow lawyer is honestly a mess, her flirting agenda was with girls too obvious (even when she already has this ambiguous relationship with the new intern named Qian Beiting) and her dumb little head always makes blabbering unnecessary things plus, her niece doesn’t seem to bothered with that.

“That goose need to stay back from you or you’re the one who should be careful with her. “

“Why tho? She is your friend and she is nice to me.”

“Zhang Yuge, Just listen to me.”

“Alright fine, but-“

“But?” Dai Meng frowned

“Tell me about that florist.”

Dai Meng groaned louder than before.

000

Half month later, Xu Jiaqi found out and as dramatic as it seems she feel betrayed that Dai Meng didn’t tell her sooner.

“I can’t believe I have to heard this from Kong Xiaoyin little gossip with DaGe when they were about to hit the café instead of hearing this from you? Ouch, I feel betrayed.”

“You aren’t even that close to Kong Xiaoyin yet you already being this dramatic like her.” Daimeng shake her head and went back to read the paper case in front of her. Xu Jiaqi only sulked and plopped her into the sofa on the room. She is currently inside Dai Meng’s office.

“Hey I’m regular here.” Dai Meng only nods. It’s no surprise to everyone that Xu Jiaqi would sometimes pay a visit to her on her lawyer firm whenever she have a time. At first, her colleagues thought that they’re a thing but later they got it that they both just a best friend.

“You really aren’t gonna tell me?”

Ding!

A sound of phone notification, and it’s none other than Dai Meng’s phone. She hurriedly open it and a big smile suddenly creep up on her face. It’s none other than a text from Mo Han, and even with the savage reply from the florist, it was enough to let her know that Mo Han still reply her silly text.

“You know you look gross right now, like those kind of high school girl in love”

“Have you ever look at your mirror after Wu Zhehan text you something instead of meeting schedule? Xu Jiaqi?”

“Ugh, I hate you!”

“I hate you more.”

000

It’s finally been three months since then. Dai Meng already visit Mo Han often than before and even sometimes went to the café together for lunch. On other occasion, Dai Meng would asked them to grab a dinner together. Dai Meng would sometime walk her home as well and in another occasion she’ll drive her home or take her somewhere. However, Dai Meng also notice that she probably not the only one fighting to win Mo Han’s heart. She was sometimes notice there was this girl with her sunglass one and cap leaving Mo Han’s flower shop before her and after that, whenever Dai Meng asked her to grab a brunch she said that a friend already brought her food. Dai Meng won’t lie she probably felt familiar with the girl but couldn’t pin point who is that. Dai Meng also notice the smile on Mo Han’s lips when they are together and suddenly there’s a text coming to her phone. Confussion is understatement, did Mo Han really didn’t get her subtle not so subtle way or Mo Han was really oblivious with the whole situation?

However, It was one night when they both ended up drinking together on the nearest food stall. Mo Han was a little bit tipsy and Dai Meng has to take her back home. It was fine, all was fine until they reach Mo Han’s small little heaven.

“Thank you, uhm I’m sorry I don’t usually drink this much.”

“That’s fine, at least you’re with me so no one will take an advantage from you.” Dai Meng smiled and pat’s Mo Han head. Mo Han only chuckled and not trying to shove her hand away and that was new. They went silent after that, not that kind of awkward silent, but that kind of comfortable one where they only look at each other and smile then giggling without a reason.

“I’d take my leave.” Mo Han nods, but before Dai Meng turned around she called her.

“Dai Meng.”

“Yeah?”

Mo Han tip toed and leaning closer, next thing she knows Mo Han already has her lips on her right cheeks. Mo Han softly kissed her and Dai Meng left stunned. Dai Meng was sure she wasn’t new to this, she had kiss countless time, a kiss from her past lover, a kiss from her niece, a kiss from her best friend and even a kiss from drunk Kong Xiaoyin on their party, some of them was even on her lips. But now, a simple kiss from Mo Han on her cheek and she already become a mess.

“Goodnight Dai Meng.”

 

000

Dai Meng won’t hope that much, but that’s what she did for a couple days. She didn’t want to hope that much after that kiss. Mo Han has been giving mixed signals, sometimes she will be that caring yet sometimes she’ll be cold and savage. It’s not like Dai Meng hate it or detest it, she would accepted any kind of Mo Han, call her whipped but that’s just how she is.

Her officemate has been teasing her about it, thanks to Kong Xiaoyin every single person alive there know about it. One time they had lunch together everyone start to talk about it when they already running out of the topic to talk about.

“I told you, if you really want to make her yours, then go for it. Ask her out and confess, ask her to be yours. Don’t beat around the bush, you aren’t young anymore to play around.” Kong Xiaoyin said Dage only scoffed while Dai Meng clacked her tongue.

“And that’s coming from you? The flirtiest person alive huh? You even tried to hit on my niece, stay away from her.”

“Hey, I said this because I know you didn’t like to play and more into committed relationship. That’s different with me you know?”

“Are you saying that you were just playing with me? Kong Xiaoyin?”

There’s another voice present there, the trio snapped their head together to the source of the voice and there’s this girl, the new intern Qian Beiting standing near them, she was about to join their lunch until she heard those things.

“Xiao Qian, look-“

“I should’ve listen to others.”

With that, she turned her heels and left them. Dage was kicking Kong Xiaoyin’s leg under the table, telling her to go after the girl.

“Qian Beiting wait!”

And it left only Dage and Dai Meng now.

“What she said was right, you should go for it.”

“Now that it comes from you it’s more realistic.” Dai Meng chuckles.

“I was probably like her back then, but once I settled down, it feels better.”

“Feng Xinduo huh? Wasn’t she a whiny baby?”

“She still a whiny baby, but now she is mine.”

000

Few days passed again and after thinking about it, Dai Meng finally sure this is the right time to ask Mo Han out, this probably gonna be cliché with the fancy dinner and stuffs but she didn’t have anything in mind right now. With confidence she go to the flower shop at Friday evening, wishing that she could give her a surprise visit and else like what she already plan before.

She didn’t mind that there is another car parking in front of the flower shop. A car that supposedly familiar for her but she didn’t pay so much attention now. Dai Meng only has one purpose and that’s her only one goal tonight.

Dai Meng still smiling ear to ear when she open the flower shop’s door

“Mo Han!”

However,

“Oh, Dai Meng! Welcome! ” Mohan cheered back with genuine smile and take off a headphone on her ear.

What Dai Meng didn’t expect was, there’s another girl there and she was just looking at Mo Han like how Dai Meng looking at her, judging by the headphone that connected on her phone, Dai Meng could only play a scene where this girl put a headphone on Mo Han. They looking at each other, and Dai Meng didn’t need to pin point who’s this girl again, because she already know her it’s none other than-

 

“Li Yuqi.”