Final

Actor!Lucas

Lucas is an actor. A top one in fact. An A-lister. What comes with that is a serious attitude problem. Being the most respectable actor known, people line up to work for him, they did not know what awaits them behind the façade. Staffs? Pft, you are signing yourself up as a full-time slave. But, it is bearable, considering the huge pay in return. The hardest part is not hanging on there, doing a good job and taking in series of curses. It is the ability to NOT run into the actor himself and do something that could be an annoyance in his eyes.

You applied for this job because it pays you an unbelievable amount of cash. You have rent, tuition, allowance to cover. Even after settling all of those, you still have few cash left. Yes, it is one hell of a work. But to financially doomed individual like yourself, the it is a heaven in disguise.

You have been working for almost two years now. An impressive record as any employees would quit within months of working. Once, Lucas fired a girl because she took a nap after a long day of keeping up with his schedules. Napping is a forgiving act, should be. The clock was not even striking 12 yet, but poor girl had been running around town picking up sponsored clothes from stores to stores.

It is an acknowledged fact that you do your job extremely well. From getting the exact coffee he ordered, not to mention his complicated customisations he demanded, to organising his drama scripts and schedules. Your aloofness is a major help too. You try blocking all of his hurtful criticisms and apologises. You never bat an eyelash when he seems to be in a crappy mood. On certain occasions when he asks for your opinions on how he look, you would answer him with honesty, “You look like a local grocery store owner.” Weird enough, he did not yell at you, but asked for another outfit with displeased expression.

Lucas does not know what came over him when you first walk into his waiting room. Your eyes scanned around the room. When your eyes landed on him, you just gave him a bow with a bored face. Newbies usually stare at the ground or giggle silently. That intrigued him. At first, he treated you like how he treated others; scoffing, grunting, eyes-rolling. But seeing how unaffected you are, he let his guard loose. Then slowly, he grew more comfortable having you around.

“All booked in the evening?” Lucas asked. His eyes closed as he lay down on the couch.

“You’re good after four,” you replied, with his schedules in your hands.

Lucas stays silent. His eyes flutter open, taking a look at you. It is his usual view; you’re being busy with your jobs. He doubts you even realise him staring. Maybe he likes it that way. He can admire you. The way your eyes move as you go through the paper, the way a strand of your hair falls on your shoulder, the way you bite on your lips when you see an error.

“Scene #12 in five minutes.”

That is his cue.

 

It is almost four o’clock. Lucas feels nauseous, probably from lack of sleep. He is seeing stars right now. You caught on his pale lips, boy looks like he is going to pass out any second.

“Are you okay? Let’s hurry to the waiting room,” you instructed, genuinely worried as you take his arm onto your shoulders, aiding him to walk.

Through all the head spinning, Lucas cannot help to notice: THIS IS OUR FIRST SKINSHIP. A quickened heartbeat is certainly not good in this situation. “Can you take me back home?” Lucas pleaded. He is becoming sick staying in the waiting room. He sleeps there more than he does in his own house.

No questions asked. You take him back to his house. Occasionally glancing at the back mirror. Damn, he looks awfully sick. Lucas is a jerk, but he is not all that bad once you know him. You noticed him on his Nintendo when he thinks no one is watching. You even saw that stoic man cried watching Zootopia. As conclusion, he is softer than most people pinned him as.

Upon reaching, you aid him all the way up to his unit. Then, you notice you need his password to unlock it. This boy cannot even lift his head for god’s sake.

“Um, do you want to key this in yourself or tell me your password?”

“Your birthday,” Lucas muttered, head still hanging.

Your mouth agape in shock. What is his deal? Why would he put YOUR birthday as his password? How does he even know your birthday?

It is not time to get electric shocks all over your nerves right now. The boy is dying. You practically drag him into the house and threw him on his bed. He wouldn’t weigh that much but you don’t weigh as much as him. Original plan is to just put him in bed and exit. But seeing him with his three layers of clothing and sweat dripping from his skin, you feel bad. You took of his first two outer layers, damp a towel on his forehead and head over the kitchen to cook a meal.

You do not know what you expected but you sure did not expect a six-pack beer and two packs of ramen. ONLY. Why am I torturing myself? Picking up your coat and you run to the grocery store.

 

Lucas wakes up with a pounding head. Looking over his surrounding, feeling relieved at the sight of his bedroom. Had I been drinking? He cannot remember what really happen, but his thoughts are cut off when he smells delicious aroma from the kitchen. Walking out to the kitchen, he is pleasantly stunned by his view. You are fixing the counter in your white t-shirt and jeans. It is your usual work attire, but now, you look much more comfortable in it.

“Oh, you’re up. Come here, you need to eat up,” you smiled. Seeing how he still has not move from the spot, you go to him and pull him to the counter.

Lucas follows you obediently, still no words uttered. He takes a good look at you and thinks, damn. He tastes the porridge, feeling refreshed by the hot liquid. “It’s good.”

“It better be. I transformed into Usain Bolt to make this,” you joked. Two years working together, you are brave enough to joke around him. The aura around him now is much pleasant.

Lucas smiles sheepishly. He cannot help but to think how perfect you look in his house, almost like you belonged here. He admits you are in fact attractive, but he does not expect himself to fall for you. It is just trivial things that made you attractive in his eyes. As time goes by, he finds more trivial things. Those trivia about you makes him fall for you as a whole. Through the evening, you two share conversations, earning a closer understanding of each other.

 

The sun set, it is time for you to go. As much as you resist, you need to. You cannot afford him any trouble. Lucas’ eyes widen as you excuse yourself.

“Do you really need to?” he reaches over your arm, pupils dilating.

He wants to talk to you more. He could stay up all night listening to you. He doesn’t want to miss your voice when he goes to bed tonight.

“Lucas, you can manage,” you assure him. You do not know what takes over you as you lean to his check and place a hesitant peck on it. You realise what you did but you do not regret it as you see a smile slowly forms on Lucas’ gorgeous face.

 

The next day, Lucas wakes up extra early. Too early. He is too excited to sleep, waiting this day to come. As he struts into his waiting room of a filming set, he looks around. Eyes light up as he spots you with your usual routine. His eyes follow your movement when you walk towards him, coffee in your hands.

“Feeling better,” you ask. Eyes locking with his.

“Thanks to you, angel,” Lucas says, obviously intending the flirty voice.

“Filming will begin in 5!”

You walk away from Lucas, while he does not move until you are not in his sight anymore.

 

You squeeze over the staffs and cameras at the set. Lucas is standing opposite you. Even with the actress standing in front of him, you can still see his face clearly. Being tall surely is convenient.

Lucas is spitting his lines that he memorised this morning. His eyes caught you standing between the staffs. His cheeks heat up as he recalls last night.

“I wish I knew you sooner. So, I have more time with you in this life. And I intend to be with you in my next too,” Lucas recites the scripts as it is, but not once his eyes leave yours.

You are flustered at this point. Scared that someone might catch him. But that does not stop you getting the tingles. Every nerves spark at his words and his gaze.

“Okay, cut! Lucas, you did great,” the director pats him. Lucas gives him a short bow and march towards you. His hand reaches yours, intertwining your fingers together, discreetly. He then brings his lips to your ears, sending you into a bliss, “My house afterwards?”