Chapter 3

Evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Ethereal_eclipse: I did a double update this time because I'm going to be busy very soon so I won't be able to update as frequently. Hope you enjoy both chapters*

The day dragged on until Minho’s favorite class finally came to end the day, aquatics. He always felt a tug for swimming since birth. In fact, as a boy of only two years old, he entered the pool and naturally began swimming on his own. Minho’s parents always wondered what Minho possessed to acquire such a talent for swimming since neither of them could swim. To him, swimming was a break from life and all it had to bring. Once in the water, all he had to concentrate on was moving forward. Otherwise, he was allowed to enter his own world of freedom and joy.

With anticipation rumbling inside, Minho cooly walked to the aquatics area. The water seemed to glisten even more today under the sun’s rays. He noticed as he walked in, that the girl from early morning was also in his aquatics class. She looked horrified at the moment and seemed to be mumbling something under her breath. Minho decided this would be the time to maybe apologize for the incident this morning.

“Hi, is this seat taken?” Minho pointed to the seat besides the long brown haired girl whose brown orbs stared back at him with a mixture of both confusion and surprise. After she responded with the shake of her head, Minho comfortably sat down next to her. He usually didn’t openly plant himself down next to girls, fearing that they would take advantage of the situation, but this girl seemed different––at least from the outside. “Do you remember me from this morning?” She nodded without saying anything in response. “I just wanted to apologize for that.” Once again, she was silent. Maybe she didn’t like to talk and was antisocial. The atmosphere was getting awkward and class wouldn’t start for another five minutes, so Minho decided on asking for her name.

“Sulli, Choi Sulli.” She quietly mumbled. Sulli cursed under breath, wanting this boy to leave her right away. He was attracting attention towards her and she was already stressing about the huge pool lying before her. If any of that water touched her, she would be revealed.

A smile grew on Minho’s face. “I am a Choi as well. My name is Choi Minho.” When she was still quiet, Minho cleared his throat. “You don’t talk a lot, do you?”

This was unlike her usual self. Back at home, she was more outgoing, but here, she could never be discovered, and therefore that meant less attention and less talking. “No.” Instead of furthering what seemed to be a meaningless conversation to her, Sulli stood up and walked away. She needed to inform someone that she could not swim, at least not with anyone watching her. Unfortunately for her, wet puddles lay everywhere on the pool deck and without caution, Sulli was in the process of slipping backwards into the pool. She screamed, fearing that her nightmares would come true. Just on the first day she would already be caught. The first person that came to mind was Myungsoo, and she felt a sudden wave of shame that she was not as responsible or powerful as him.

Instead of hitting the pool water, she felt a rough pair of hands encircle her.

“Be careful Miss Sulli.” Sulli’s ears tingled as she heard Minho’s raspy voice whisper into her ear.

Sulli quickly nodded, feeling her ears warming up. “Thank you, Minho.” They were in such an awkward position, and everyone was watching them. She would rather have tons of rocks thrown at her at the moment than to have all those eyes judging her. As she looked forward, Minho’s face was seemingly right before hers. If she leaned in any further, their noses would touch. “Excuse me,” Sulli realized Minho was still not moving from his current position. “I have to talk to the teacher.”

“Yes, yes.” Minho cleared his throat. “My bad.”

He felt a light tap on his shoulders after Sulli disappeared into the teacher’s office. “What was that just now?”

“Oh, Taemin.” Minho fumbled with his backpack as he approached his seat, this time Taemin sitting next to him. “I just saved her from falling into a pool.”

“Gosh, to be honest, I thought it was one of those other girls who was going to kiss you.” Taemin placed his hand over his mouth to suppress his laughter.

“You, stop being annoying,” Minho joked while playfully punching Taemin on the arm. “By the way, I didn’t know you would be in my aquatics class.”

“Surprise.” Taemin lifted his arms up to look excited. “Here I am.”

 

Sulli made sure to be careful on the rest of her walk to the teacher’s office. She drew in a sharp breath before knocking on the teachers door. When she heard the teacher say ‘come in’, she slowly opened the door to see a woman in her late forties sitting by her desk of paperwork. “Is there anything you need?”

“Hi,” Sulli looked at the name piece on the teacher’s desk, “Ms. Kang. I can’t swim for this class.”

Ms. Kang looked up from her current paperwork, taking her reading glasses off as well. “It’s okay, part of this class is to teach those who are non-swimmers.”

“No, I mean I physically can’t swim.” Sulli was shaking right now. Never in her life had she lied before.

“You are like another student. He’s allergic to chlorine and can’t swim.” Ms. Kang began getting ready for class whilst continuing her conversation with Sulli.

Sulli immediately knew that Myungsoo must have come up with an excuse on the spot, but had no idea what chlorine was. She just had to trust that what he said made sense. “Ms. Kang, I am allergic to coleen as well.”

“You mean chlorine?”

Sulli nodded, hoping she was convincing enough.

“Two cases, that’s strange.” Ms. Kang uttered quietly. It was usually extremely rare for even one student to allergic to chlorine, but two, that was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter