conscience

I Don't Like You Because I Love You

 

Seongwoo is quietly walking on the living room of the apartment he is staying so that his roommate will not wake up from their sleep. He is the only person who is awake on their room because he have an interview again today. He quietly get his jacket on the sofa and before he go out, he putted a note on the table. He looks-like a robbery more than he is also staying on this apartment. He quietly close the door and get out of the apartment. The weather is nice today for Seongwoo who is walking freely on the street because he have a feeling that he will pass the interview. He is sure to himself. It's just 7:30 in the morning and he decided to eat breakfast on a shop that he often visit. well let's also tell he didn't take a breakfast earlier because he is excited to the interview which is 9 o'clock is the start. The shop have a good atmosphere because of it's designs on the wall and of course it's smell. The foods there are also good. He also been friends to the employees there like he owns it. These are the reasons why he likes this shop. He went straight to the cashier and smile to him. Time to speak in english again. He thought

"Let me guess, you have an interview again today aren't you?" The cashier boy asked while getting a tray then put it infront of Seongwoo. Seongwoo nodded. "But now I have a feeling that I will pass the interview, it's free to hope right?" He said and laugh awkwardly. Of course the nervous will not leave him but the only he should do is to be confident that he can do it and pass the interview. "About my order--" before he continue what he will said, the cashier boy already nodded. "No need to tell me, I already know it" The cashier boy said and Seongwoo just nodded. He sit near on the glass-window and get his cellphone from his pocket. He check the time first and yes, he still have time to prepare his soul. While still processing his mind on what to do later, his cellphone ring and his mother's name pop up on the screen. He was suprised and look at his surrounding before he answer it. 

 

He put his hand near on his mouth then says, "Hello mom? Why are you calling?" It's not like he wants to be rude or impolite to his mom but he have no choice though he is nervous over something. "Of course I miss my little boy. Tsk! How's life there?" Her mother asks. Seongwoo almost lost his cool to his mother but thanks god he didn't. He wants to laugh how cute his mother is and she even tsked him. She tsked him.

"Wait a minute, where did you learn that?" He asks wondering how or to whom did she learned it. He is speechless. She is in his fifty's now and she just tsked her own son. "Omo! isn't cool? your little sister taught me that." She said proudly and the only thing Seongwoo do is to massage his forehead. He love his mother but she have to go to hospital "About your question, I'm fine. How's there?" He asks and look at the cashier boy who is coming to him to bring his order. Seongwoo immediately put his index finger infront of his lips and the cashier boy nodded. "We're fine. We also recieved the money you sent to us yesterday. Son, you don't have to send us money again okay? You deserved that money" She said worriedly and Seongwoo just can not respond to his mother. The cashier boy quietly putted his orders on the table and Seongwoo mouthed 'thank you' to him. "I know but I just want to help mom" He said quietly that is enough for his mother to hear. He get the hot-chocolate and drink it. "Aww! You are so sweet my son, okay I understand but also keep a money for yourself and how'sa your studies?" Seongwoo almost spit the hot-chocolate he just drink and thanks god again, he didn't or else he will be so embarassed. "What happened there?" His mother asks. He wants to choke himself. "N-nothing mom. y-yeah about my studies, everything are fine. Oh speaking of studies haha my professor is now here. Bye mom" Before his mother said anything, he already ended the call and now he want to choke himself again. He is so rude to his mom but he have no choice again or else he will stuttered again. He is bad at lying when it comes to his family even it's been 2 years since then he came here in Singapore and started to lie about studying here. Yeah, he lied he is studying nursing to his family. He's been raised as good as other people by his mother all alone but he didn't know that he will do a crime. Yes, for him this is a crime even this is not a crime. Just understand him. It's not like he wanted to, it's just that for him it's been so hard to continue his studies and he wants to help his family in Korea so he decided to just find a job instead to study in a university in Singapore. Well that's life. 

 

"Just relax. you are Ong Seongwoo. you can do it. be a man" He said to himself then laugh nervously. 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

He gulps. He gulps when it his turn now for the interview. He slowly stand up and enter the room. He fix his collar and his hair. He smile to them and sits infront of them. 

"So, let's get on the point. Tell me about yourself" The one of the interviewer asks. He suddenly feel the pressure inside of him. He gulps again. Geez, Seongwoo just introduce yourself. He thought and smile. "I am Ong Seongwoo. I am a pure korean and I am 22 years old. I am a happy person" He said it. He is so proud to himself that he want to choke himself again and again. Why did he said 'I am a happy person'. Nice Seongwoo what a good introduction. you will not pass it again. He thought.

"In your requirements, you didn't finish your studies and stop in 3rd year in college. So do you think we can hire you for this? For you to know, this company really need a man who is working hard." The woman in her age told Seongwoo. He always heard that in interviews. "Yes, I didn't graduated in college but I have a passion to work here in your company as an employee who will fulfill my future. I have a family in korea who needs me and I want to help them." He said. The other interviewers seems impressed to him. "Why do you want to work here?" He look at his back and see a person who just entered the room. "Sir, why are you here?" The woman ask to him and suddenly change her sit. The guy who looks like he is also in twenties, sits in the middle and look at them. "My uncle ask me to go here and make an interview also" He said then look at Seongwoo who is frozen from his sit. He feel the pressure again. The guy smile at him. "So, why do you want to work here?" The guy repeated his question and Seongwoo looks at the other interviewer who is also waiting for his answer. Is he too young to be an interviewer? Argh! no Seongwoo relax don't mind him. He thought and take a deep breathe. "Because working here is really has been my dream and I know this company has a lot of achievement and has been known worldwide for it's good products and models.  Also because I'm sure this company will provide  more experiencing for my work." He bit his lips and clenched his fist of nervous. He don't know if his answer is good or not. He may sounds like he memorize his answer but no, he ing answered them what words just came on his mind. "Okay, that's it thank you for co--" The woman in her age was interrupted when the guy who entered earlier spoke. "Tell me about the toughest decision you had made?" The guy ask and crossed his arms. Seongwoo look down on his feet and don't know if he will answer that, no if he can answer that. He clenched his fists roughly and bit his lip. Be a man Seongwoo. this is for your family who needs you. He thought. He lift up his head and smile to them after taking deep breathe. "My toughest decision I had made is lying to my family that I am studying here in Singapore but that truth is I'm not" 

 

The guy stand up from his sit and walk infront of Seongwoo who is puzzled to the guy. The guy stop and offered his right hand for shake hands. Seongwoo looks at him and the guy is just smiling lovely. "Congratulations, you passed the interview" He said and Seongwoo's eyes gotten bigger when he hear the word passed. "Are you serious?" He asks and the guy nodded. "My hand is waiting" Seongwoo smile widely and have shake hands with that guy. Seongwoo is so suprised, well his feeling since earlier became true. I got a job. I got a job. I GOT A JOB! He screamed to his mind and right now he is having his own party on his mind. The other interviewers stand up in shocked. "Sir! We can not do this. We need a man who can deliver the emails on time. We don't know if he can do that" The woman said and the guy look at them. "Oh! He will not work in your department, he will work on my department as my secretary." He said then look at Seongwoo who is shocked. His face may be ugly but it's not his fault tho. This guy just give him a high position."You can continue the interview to find that person. Thank you" He said and smile again. "By the way, I am Hwang Minhyun the executive producer in marketing function and yes I am a korean" He said and Seongwoo nodded happily. He never thought a day where an angel will come and save him. 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

"Congratulations Seongwoo! You got your first job" Seongwoo's friend and roommate, Xian said and raise the bottle of wine she's holding. The others follow her and shout the 'conrgratulations'. "Come on guys, I'm embarassed" He said and laugh. "So, when is the start of your work?" Crist asks him and the other three nodded. They are five here living in this room. Each of his roommates have their own love ones except him. He is still not into love and not interested. Like him also, all of them are from other countries. "I don't know. He didn't tell me anything tho" He said and the rest nodded. He is still can not get over the fact the he already have a job and the fact the his position is already on top. "Are you gonna tell your mother about this?" Alex asks and he pouted. "Of course not" Alex said like it's the answer of Seongwoo. His cellphone ring and he checked who is calling him. It's his younger sister. He is not suprised tho unlike when his mother is calling him. "This girl is just bored" He said and the others just laugh. "Answer it already" Hana said. He nodded and stand up from the floor. Yes, they are sitting on the floor while drinking a wine. He entered his room and answered it. "What do you want?" 

 

"He's hot today" She said seriously with her tone. Seongwoo facepalmed. She's on this again. He thought. "Then what?" He said annoyed. "Oppa!! He's so hot today omo! The way he shoot the ball is just sooooo o!m!gieeeeeee!" Seongwoo laugh. He is already imagining her sister fangirling again to this guy or her crush. "Do you have a picture of him? Let me see already this guy who just stole my Eunji-ah from me" He said and acted like he is crying. His sister chuckled on the other line. "No pictures. I want you to meet him in personal." She said and laugh shyly. Seongwoo smile on how cute his sister is. He badly want to meet this guy already. "Okay. So that's it?" He asks. "No, there's more. He will come with me on my cooking lesson on saturday so wish me luck to cook a delicious food" Seongwoo look at the calendar and pouted. "That guy is so sweet but I'm so sad" He sit on his bed and scratch his arm. His arms is getting itchy. "Why? Is it because it was always you who is coming with me on this kind of events?" She said teasingly. "Of course, It's new for me especially to you" He said seriously. He remembers when his sister is in his 8th grade and she is in a dancing contest, he is always there to support her and now he was been replace. He's sad. "No, it's not new for me" She said and laugh loudly. Seongwoo feels embarassed. "You know what, I hope on saturday there will be a typhoon there. Seriously" He said sarcastically. "Hahaha! I'm just kidding oppa, of course being with you in this kind of event is really an exciting one but we don't have a choice, you are in there to study" She said and he can feel that this time her sister is sincere in everything she said. He smiles and close his eyes. He really love his family but lying to them is really a sht one. "Yeah. Eunji tell mom I said sorry on how rude I am to her earlier and you better to study hard, stop flirting" 

 

"I'm not! hahaha. yeah yeah you are just giving mom a hard time" She said and Seongwoo nodded. She's right, he gave them a hard time. "I have something to do now. Bye" He said and his sister also said a goodbye. He ended the call and lay down on his bed. He have to go out and enjoy the day with his rommates but his moods are gone. He just don't know what to do. well he just choose this path so he have to be responsible but it's getting hard for him already. 

 

"Maybe if I chose to study, maybe I will not feel these kind of feelings" He said and look at the ceiling then close his eyes. He is tired already.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

Author's Note: Hi! Everyone so this is the first chapter of this story and yes as you can see this is very short chapter. I'm so busy on these days but I will make a long chapter for the next chapter, don't worry. You guys must be confused to his rommates on the apartment. They are five living there. The girls are Xian (21) Alex (25) Hana (23) while boys are him and Crist (26). His sister Eunji (18) is in 12th grade. His family is not that poor but not also that rich. just middle. His father was died when he was 2 years old. Eunji and him have a different father while Eunji's father betrayed them. About his job, yes he is a secretary whoo! If you guys are confious on how did he get some money for sending them to his family in korea is by selling some of his clothes and his supposed to be tuition. His boss is the one and only Hwang Minhyun! whoo. OngHwang shippers hello hehe. More details are coming up next on the next chapter. comment and subscribe. Thank you.