CHAPTER 3: His Luck

Our Bench by the Han River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m BlackPink’s Rosé.” Rosé cheerfully greets the staff despite feeling awkward for being the first artist to arrive as well as not knowing what exactly will happen in the meeting.

It’s not that she was totally clueless about it, it’s just that all she knows is she is to participate on a special stage. According to her manager, Inkigayo is going to have a series of special collaboration stages featuring main vocals and soloists on their super concert next week at Thailand that BlackPink was fortunately invited. She wonders who she will be having a duet with. She hopes it’s a female idol; she’s had enough of the countless scandalous ships she has with other male idols she has never even talked to.

Soon after, idols and a few soloists quickly fill the room and Rosé couldn’t be more thankful to see familiar friendly faces. Twice’s Jihyo, whom she have done a special stage with three years ago, and Red Velvet’s Wendy greet her warmly, asking how she’s been and congratulating her for BlackPink’s successful comeback.

There is BTOB’s Eunkwang-ssi too who makes everyone laugh with his funny antics. Ah, Heize too who the girls guested together with in one radio show guesting, as well as Hwasa who is currently promoting her solo comeback single.

Tick-tock, the clock strikes at 12 noon.

Rosé scans the room as the staff prepares to finally start the meeting. She then notices that all the main vocals of the idol groups and soloists attending the concert have arrived.

Except one.

Except him.

It’s understandable however. Everyone knows how busy the guy has been since they got globally recognized for their effort and talent, as well as the strength and love of their fandom. Left and right, every show wants them on. Honestly, even those who aren’t fans know he and s have been profusely learning English on their little free time as they begin to become more active in America.

Rosé knows.

She knows.

Yet she couldn’t help but hope that she’ll see him today again.

“Aish, why am I even disappointed? I even like someone else….why am I like this?” Rosé thinks to herself.

It’s weird, and she again knows it. She’s into someone else, and that’s for certain. Yet she can’t help herself from being a little attracted to this certain famous idol. She wonders, maybe he’s just really cute and his sweet voice is just so alluring. The way he dances so sensually too—though Rosé wouldn’t admit that out loud even to herself.

Rosé doesn’t get it, but to put in simple terms, she just has a “little” crush on him the way a normal fan does. She’s not in love with him, she just adores him as a fan. Her feelings for her pen pal is definitely more romantic and stronger.

“Annyeonghaseyo yeorobun,” the show’s main program director bows with the rest of the staff, “thank you very much for coming here today though it’s a bit unfortunate that we’re missing one—”

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the door suddenly burst open and a voice Rosé knows so well booms in the room, “I’m sorry I’m late; my return flight got delayed. I hope you understand.”

“No, no, you were just in time,” the director says as his and all the staff’s faces obviously lit up as soon as the guy in all black outfit and little hoop earrings arrived. “We’re happy you could make it, Jeon Jungkook-ssi.”

 

Jungkook’s at the edge of his seat. He has been ever since the airline announced that his flight back to Korea has been delayed for thirty minutes.

Not that thirty minutes was that much of a big deal to him. He could still make even with an hour delay.

It was really not a problem if the announcement wasn’t made three hours ago and the airline has news already on the specific time they can finally board. Unfortunately, Jungkook is still stuck in the airport’s waiting area dying out of frustration.

“Relax Jungkook,” Namjoon tries to calm the maknae, “the producers themselves said that it’s okay if you miss the first meeting anyway.”

“I know,” Jungkook utters in obvious upset.

Indeed, Jungkook knows.

Jungkook knows that the first meeting will mostly be just introductions and awkward conversations between singers, as well as the announcements of the collaborations, yet he can’t help but still look forward to it because he knows.

He knows that she’s going to be there.

He doesn’t want to miss the chance to see her—even if they don’t turn out to be partners, just so he can confirm once and for all if it’s her or not. Lord knows how much he wants her to be her.

“He’s probably just excited to see the other idols Namjoon-hyung,” Taehyung wiggles his eyebrows, “especially the hot female idols.”

“I’m not!” Jungkook protests, his whole face blushing furiously.

“Your face says yes though,” Yoongi joins in the teasing.

“Wah, Jungkook has really grown into a man!” Jin, loudly of course—not caring about who hears their conversation, proclaims. “You are such a child of Namjoon.”

“But you’re a bit wrong there Taehyung,” Hoseok interrupts the fun with a serious tone. “He’s not interested in hot female idolssssss.”

“He’s into just one of those hot female idols,” Jimin adds the icing on the cake as he places an arm around Jungkook and gives him a knowing wink.

“W-what? I—I’m not!” to which the two roommates (still) just snort to, “I swear! I’m not into her or anything—”

“You said her!” Namjoom exclaims before realizing they were in a public area, shifting his volume to a whisper. “You just said her Kookie! Who is her?”

“N-no—no one—”

“It’s BlackPink’s Rosé,” Jimin casually says as if it was a piece of news everybody knows already, much to the surprise of Jungkook. “Oh come on, you’ve been watching her video clips and talking about her unconsciously day and night, did you really think we wouldn’t notice?”

Jungkook freezes.

Was he really that obvious?

“Yes, you were that obvious Kookie,” Hoseok confirms his untold question as if he could read the maknae’s mind. He probably can after years of living together.

“I just—I’m just—I’m just a fan, okay?” And he is, even before speculating that she could be the very same person he’s been friends with in over three years. Jungkook has been a casual fan who would listen to her sing ever since he heard her pure voice on that SBS acoustic collaboration stage with 10cm, Twice and EXO.

“Would have me fooled if I at least hear IU-sunbaenim’s name or just any other girl from your mouth,” Jimin drops a bomb again, “but no, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter