| THREE |

My Puppy Prince

 

|Birthday party. Next day.|

“Areum! Welcome!"

“Juniel-shii..thank you for inviting me today.” her voice came out timid as her nerves got the best of her.

“Ahaha, you’re too tense~ everyone’s waiting already!”

“Ahh. yes.. But how did you know it was my birthday?..”

“Eh?.Because this day is important for me too”

Areum stared at Juniel who was smiling brightly at her, ‘Juniel-shii is such a nice person..’

“Then lets go~”

Nervously Areum opens the door and is graced by her classmates all yelling, “Happy Birthday” with poppers and confetti.

The girls were dressed up and smiling, throwing confetti around as the room was decorated with ballons in a gold and white theme.

Stunned. Areum couldn’t help but stare in awe.

 

“Juniel!”

 

‘What?’

 

The girls gathered around Juniel, handing her a variety of bags and gifts.

‘Juniel-shii’s birthday party..? What does..’

Areum jogged through her memory and recalled the Juniel saying, “Areum-shii’s birthday is tomorrow right? Let’s celebrate at my place!”

‘What..but Juniel-shii said..’

 

One of the girls looked over in Areum's direction.

“Wow..Areum-shii came to the party but didn’t even bring a present!?”

“Ahh..umm.”

Juniel paused to look over at Areum, along with the other girls, “I don’t mind but.. I guess people like you get a little cocky just because some people called you cute, huh?”

Juniel’s cold words stunned her and she felt a pang.

‘They did this on purpose?’

The girls were now whispering to each other, “Eh? What’s going on?”

“You’ll normally bring a present right?”

Areum looked over at Juniel who was smirking at her arrogantly.

‘Why..? I thought that..we could be..
.
.friends..
.
.I can’t..don’t cry..’

Her body started to slightly shake from her overwhelming feelings.

 

She was hurt.

 

She felt betrayed.

‘Even though I’m used to being alone..why..did something like this happen..’

Her tears trickled down, drop by drop until they were endless.

She started to sprint..

‘hey..Jaehyun..’

“Can you not..”

As if he heard her calling him, Jaehyun was hugging Areum, shielding her tearfilled eyes from being seen by the vultures in the room,"bully my princess so much?”

At the sound of his hardned voice, Areum looked up, ‘Jaehyun’

Her heart started to pick up it’s pace.

“Everything is okay now Areum,” Jaehyun gave her another heart warming smile, back facing the other girls, cupping her face in his warm palms, wiping the tears that were escaping her eyes.

“Wait! Who are you?! Suddenly coming here!!,” Juniel starts throwing a fit, “aren’t you being rude?!”

Sighing Jaehyun turned away from Areum to present a gift, “Areum’s present that she left behind..I’m here to deliver this special cake”

Juniel took the cake from him, gasping, “this is the cake that you have to pre-order but still doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get it!..from that famous patisserie..! how did you even..?!”

Jaehyun easily answered for Areum ,"Areum was actually worried about coming here. She thought she didn’t deserve to come to Juniel-shii’s birthday party..so she wanted to get you a special gift”

With his Prince like aura shining, Jaehyun smiled politely with ease, as the girls' jaws dropped as they fawned over him, “we will excuse ourselves now. Please enjoy the rest of the night..”

Holding on to Areum’s shoulders he escorts her out, “let’s go Areum”

Areum allowed Jaehyun to sweep her away.

Hand holding her own, she was staring at his back.

‘My heart is... So loud..

Ever since I first met Jaehyun, he was like a prince saving me..

He’s not like family…

This feeling is..’

 

She finally catches up to him and grasps the back of his coat, “I like you..”

At the three words Jaehyun’s eyes widen, “neh?”

“Ah”

Areum was able to figure out the feelings she had toward Jaehyun, but she startled and her hands began to get clammy from nervousness as he turned towards her.

‘What do I do..I’ve finally said it..’

“I-I’m sorry.. I broke the promise..umm..”

“I’m sorry Areum. Since it’s like this, this will be the last day I will live this lifestyle.”

 

Her breath was caught as he told her.

“What?”

‘I knew it was a promise..

It’s my fault that I broke the promise..

But then, the feelings that I’ve felt from his kindness..

Was it all a lie?'

In a brief second, Jaehyun was now in front of her, taking her delicate hand in his.

And ever so effortlessly,

his lips were on hers,

engulfing them.

Lips locked, in a heated passionate kiss, lasting longer than a second.

‘What’s going on?’

 

Moments later the kiss ended as Jaehyun looked into her eyes, one hand holding hers the other brushing her lips, "if I said I fell in love with you at first sight..will you love me?”

‘What?’

Jaehyun was now blushing as Areum stared up at him intensely.

“On that rainy day..when you lent your umbrella to the dog..

I-It was actually..

my dog, Casper..

I actually saw you by accident..

I thought how kind you were to lend your umbrella to a random dog while you got soaked..

In that moment, you’ve struck me completely..”

Areum’s eyes never left Jaehyun’s face as he continued to look to the side and blush in front of her, “I wanted to do something for you..and all I could think of was to return the favour..that’s why I had to prevent myself from falling in love."

Eyes now locked with hers, smiles gone,

Jaehyun looked at her with eyes yearning for her touch,

her words..

her everything, “in other words. It’s not just simply returning a favor anymore..

if you’re looking at me as a man..

I don’t have to hold back anymore, right..?”

She gasped as her heart thumped loudly, she answered without a second thought, “yes”

 

‘The magic has been dissolved..’

Casper, Jaehyun’s dog was now with them, wagging his tail excitedly.

“So you didn’t actually transform from a dog”

Jaehyun chuckles at her, while caressing her cheek, “hmm?”

Sweeping her off her feet, he carries her bridal style giving her one of his charming smiles before giving her a chaste kiss, “Areum..since we’re at it..let’s have the best birthday ever!


|FIN|

And that's the end of this story! Sorry it's short but I thought I'd try a mini fluff romance!